Reviews for Curses and Emeralds
butterisbetter chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
i just wanted to get into your stories quickly before bed...and now i don't want to stop! i really like what you've done here with Elphaba feeling guilty and selfish about turning Fiyero into a scarecrow. I like the comparison you've drawn with Nessa. I always figured that elphie would feel guilty for all of that, but i had never compared her to nessa before! i'm looking forward to tomorrow night so i can read more : )
Strange Romance chapter 22 . 12/2/2009
This story is just absolute bliss! I'm in love with it and in love with your writing. Thank you endlessly for such a beautiful story!
Strange Romance chapter 19 . 12/2/2009
Just finished this chapter. I started reading this story ages ago and for some reason got sidetracked (I blame school) but I've been thinking of it for the last few weeks and I've finally started reading again (I've read the last three chapters in 20/30mins or so). I'm really loving this story, you weave such emotion through it, I can't help taking the time to read dialogue how it should be spoken and I can't help frowning when Elphaba does, I can feel so keenly all of the emotion you write into these characters and it's just so beautiful to come across such real, well written characters and to be able to feel what they feel. This is such an amazingly well written story and I'm so glad I found it and that I've finally got back to reading it. Thank you so, so much for writing this, it is an absolute joy to read!
Ziva- Zia- Z chapter 2 . 8/12/2009
I like it, but-

Question: Maybe I missed it, but, why does Yero call Elphie, 'Ivy'?

Just curious.

Going back to read the rest.
AUNDREA BAIRE chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
MORE MORE MORE!
Eve chapter 22 . 10/25/2008
The End already? I'll have to move onto the sequel :)
Eve chapter 21 . 10/25/2008
Elphie and Fiyero definitely didn't win the parent lottery!
Eve chapter 19 . 10/25/2008
Beautiful!
Eve chapter 15 . 10/25/2008
Oh my the plot thickens!
Eve chapter 13 . 10/25/2008
Ouch,poor Fiyero Glinda could have warned him that her mother was holding a grudge!
Eve chapter 11 . 10/25/2008
Glinda's house is pink! *laughs*
Eve chapter 10 . 10/25/2008
Poor Elphaba! The wedding sounds fun though :D
Evey chapter 9 . 10/20/2008
This is good so far, can't wiat to see what happens next.
Ben Alexander chapter 11 . 8/17/2008
Yay. It's getting even better as I continue reading... I love when Glinda takes action, and am looking forward to any more "wedding planning" scenes (if there are any). I'm still curious about how the Wizard learned those "skills" so quickly.

This line stood out the most: "'You looked much prettier before,' was all he said." It was very touching in a way, and I hope Elphie realizes this in time.

I'm off to bed, and will be reading more tomorrow... you're an awesome storyteller!
Ben Alexander chapter 6 . 8/16/2008
I was going to read another couple of chapters before I posted my first review, but my summer reading is (sadly) calling to me.

It's amazing so far... I haven't read a Wicked fic in ages, so I'm glad I started with this one. Thanks for sending me the link!

The characters are very fleshed-out, and Elphaba is a perfect blend of the differing incarnations found in the book and musical. I hope she's okay in the end! And I'm looking forward to the Glinda/Elphie reunion later on! Great story... expect another review later tonight.