Reviews for The Last Wait
lotbe chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Ahh... this is so beautifully written. Angsty and beautiful. I love the essence of Helena's feeling you gave in the story. Thank you!
I am no longer available chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
I like the first part quite a lot, with the nice descriptions that could have been too much, but never quite went past that line.

However, the second part was very jarring to me. I think that, for example, you would have done better not to have done the whole Sith code. Just "Peace is a Lie" would have been sufficient and would have been in keeping with the flowing simplicity of the previous section. Similarly, the dialogue that follows wasn't needed either. I think all of it could be taken out and replaced by a silent hand on the cheek, and perhaps a smile or something like that. As it is, I was really catapulted out of the story at the Sith Code and could never get back into it.

BaM
DSK7723 chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
This is hauntingly, beautifully sad. You did an excellent job of capturing Helena's disjointed thoughts and memories; her pain, her relief at seeing her daughter before the end, and then again at the end itself. And then there's Bastila, who I suspect is really not so dark as she might at first appear. Her phrases "come to release you" and "set you free" reveal that she can still feel compassion for her mother, who is clearly suffering, while "only strength can bring me that" implies that it's not easy for her to do this. It's all so very tragic, really. Keep up the good work.