Reviews for Ruby Slippers
7 League Boots chapter 2 . 10/25/2006
Yahoo! Way to go! Oh, wait: make that the way it should have gone. Excellent redo on this part of Sam's life. The take on Pete works for me; especially after they made love and he pulls that god-awful trip on her, this scenario makes way more sense. If Only the writers had Sam do this on-screen; FCOL they stuck to regs and dress codes and everything else why not National Security here? The visual of Sam twisting Pete's arm: priceless!Great read, thanks.

I'd love to see more. However let your muse guide you, its done you good so far! Hopefully you'll get the right vibes again and do it the way you want. 'Course that's we I want, whatever you think is best!
Natters chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
good ficlet
janissima chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Well done and exactly as it should have been. I for one would like to see the conversation between Sam and Pete...and her subsequent dumping of the jerk, even though that didn't happen for a while in the show!
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
That hits the spot; I never accepted that Sam would let Pete's appearance at the stakeout just pass by. Or that anyone doing a background check on people with high security clearance wouldn't get a visit from the men in black. This conversation was full of tension and right in character; great wordplay. I expect that in this version the Sam/Pete thingy ends in the infirmary and no cutesy talk about wormholes and other planets. Nice capture.

I read Full Disclosure and loved that version, too.
BallsBreaker chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
I love that you handled that issue the way it should've been on the show.

Hell, they even rewarded Shanahan for stalking her, for comiting high treason, espionage, abuse of power as a police officer, stalking, illegal surveillance, being a serious threat to national security (for all he knew they could've been staking out terrorists who were ready to release Ebola on population and his meddling and no training for such a situation could've caused the situation to go out of control), disrupting a military operation, blowing their covers,...

By rights, teh NID should've had him eliminated simply for being such a high security risk.

I mean, they did eliminate other risks (like the reporter in Secrets).

I hope you write more where the bastard gets what he deserves.

Would've been nice if you ended it with established Jack/Sam romantic relationship.

TPTB and many fans also ignored all the typical warning signs of an abusive, controlling, possessive personality that Shanahan clearly displayed and were recognized by many of us.

Stalking, which is a manifest of obssession of having control over someone, is one manifest of such personalities, also a trait of rapists.
qualityjuice chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Very well done. That is how it should have gone. It really annoyed me that the only way Carter could have a relationship was if she became this pathetic little dormat. I would be interested in reading the conversation. I'd just like to see Carter kick his ass.
mwendyr chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
For a first fic this is fantastic and hits the nail on the head for me. There is absolutely no way he would have been told, he actually would have been put under investigation for 'stalking' a Major in the USAF. Thanks for writing this, it's well written and in character.

Wendy

Hugs :)
Ilovesg1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Oh, I am so glad that you are thinking about a second chapter. I was thinking, as I finished the last paragraph, that I would love to be a fly on the wall when Petey (Mr. Trust) tried to explain all of that hard evidence against him. Excellent story, but who would we have had to hate?
megmeyer chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Great! And I agree, if TPTB had stayed true to characters, this is the more likely outcome. I would love to 'see' the Sam/Pete discussion, and anything else you would like to write about this whole 'thread'!
Zoser chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
I've always thought this was more like it should have gone. I will be interested to read the conversation.
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7