Reviews for The Odd Couple
scifijoe chapter 4 . 3/6
No, Justine and Felix need each other. Just Kim needs Sharon.
Good stuff there King in Yellow.
WyrdeDragon chapter 4 . 9/14/2013
To answer the question, I really didn't think Justine and Felix worked. However, I think that was because we never saw anything of them. They were just a mentioned couple, but we never saw the relationship. It's like Monique and Will Du. As a reader, I have no investment in the couple because I've never seen the development.

With this story, it really helps fill in the back story of the couple and they make a lot more sense now. I even really like them as a couple and hope things go well for them in the future.
Mengsk chapter 4 . 4/2/2011
Huge mistake? Nah. Out of the ordinary but both being highly intelligent and in each in there own way socially awkward they should have plenty in common. Get along well.
Mengsk chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
Nice trap.

Did Bonnie make a net profit?
Mengsk chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
Well, that was some fine sex education.

Lack of communication. It's a killer. Neither of them are even doing anything wrong. They just can't get it right.
Mengsk chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Remind me why I'm reading this relationship drama?

Oh, it guess it isn't all bad for what it is.

...

Oddly enough, those two lines seem were present when I pulled open this window. I knew I had a feeling of deja vu. I must have skimmed through this last year. Odd I never left the review.

I've almost forgotten all context. But this seems as good a place as any to pick up on the series again. Good humour. Kim is annoying. Are Felix and Justine doing so bad? I mean, is Felix not allowed to waste a night with Ron once in a while? Although, why is she there? She wasn't waiting on him all night?
Itachi's aprentice chapter 4 . 4/5/2010
Great work.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 4 . 1/8/2010
Well, it’s been long, but you already know what I was so busy with (the terrific Christmas project!). Anyway, after finishing with other distractions, I happily jumped back at “Ninjas in the House”.

Only to be redirected midway to “The Odd Couple”, and having just finished this one, I decided I shall leave the other one aside for the moment and proceed to review this one before anything else.

For starting, let me say that yeah, you really managed to GREATLY work Felix and Justine as a couple. The background and interaction fits, and it was a really good way for telling their background how you were switching with who was telling the story, making it so we readers understand all the problems that there is in the relationship and how… stupid they are.

Had to take a break off the reading during that part because I was feeling a worrying urge to reach over and slap someone across the face. U So I have to congratulate you for causing that on me. XD

Overall, it had really cute scenes, a working romance and an ending that left me happy and laughing. Now I better go around and see what else there is for me to see in “Ninjas in the House”. I’m worried about Ron and last time I checked here Bonnie stole his pants…

So see ya in next review, which will probably come soon.

Yours, “New haircut” Alexander/Alexlayer.

PD: This comes from NITH, but I better say it before I forget: The white lady is badass! XD
Tjikicew chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
Nice pairing and it's very good that they gotten back together again. Now it's up to Bonnie to let the Ronshine out again. ;)

As always thanks for the share!
Thomas Linquist chapter 4 . 7/8/2009
Actually, I think these two work well as a couple. Each of them is so supremely confident of themselves to all outward appearances. You get down even a couple of layers...

I feel so sorry for Mr. Du as well, if Monique considers this normal for a guy. And poor Bonnie, all frustrated, and the most she's got is Ron's pants! It's going to be an UGLY morning in the Possible house.
Muzzlehatch chapter 4 . 10/15/2008
Yes, I think that Felix and Justine go quite well together. An Odd Couple they really aren't.

I liked the alternate conversations in chapter two. First time that I've ever read anything like that.
Knight of Discord chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
I cant believe it took me this long to notice the Innsmouth thing, ha. I think they work pretty well together.
TempestDash chapter 4 . 5/20/2008
Your stated objective here was to convince us that Justine and Felix worked as a couple and, while your technique here is like the Rashomon for easy readers, it works well enough to convey the emotion of the two characters. In the end, you've definitely convinced me that Felix and Justine themselves believe they are a good couple that could last, I'm not sure that there has been all that much convincing that they would have worked from the get go.

Justine in this story is much more vulnerable and unsure of herself than the version in the TV show, almost dramatically so. And while there is a perfectly explainable reason for that - college and subsequent life never meets the expectations one sets in high school - I'm not sure this was the best way to introduce that aspect of her. I think to offer more solid proof you should have started them off the same way you did Kim and Shego in Best Enemies - back off a few days prior to their meeting and show us their emotional state so we can acknowledge the holes in their lives when they find their match in each other.

Don't get me wrong, though, I like this story, and I like the Justine character you set up here, I just don't know if it really acts as proof of anything other than your ability to create characters I can totally believe in at the drop of a hat.
Mirenope chapter 3 . 5/20/2008
Good chapter.

SMRD is something I thought up. It is SPONTANIUS MENTAL RETARDATION. It's my version of a brain fart.
Mirenope chapter 4 . 5/19/2008
That was funny. You know, you should try to use DISCLAIMERS in a future story. They can very funny.

About Ron losing his pants. I've been waiting to see that in somebody's stories forever. Seriously. I have been thinking about my first fanfic I'm going to write, called 'Natural Attachment' and I plan to have Ron lose his pants 38.5 times.