Reviews for Something like Euthanasia
Robin-1992 chapter 2 . 4/4/2013
For my info, you switched the order of events?
Stinger - VXR42 chapter 5 . 11/18/2006
Oh Dear. Oh, dear, oh dear.

This really seriously pains me to say it, but your writing has gone downhill from your near-perfect start. Typos are littering the text like confetti; the whole events are speeding up, characters are beginning to act OOC, punctuation goes out the window...

I really do feel disappointed in reading the last two chapters - you've become cocky and over-confident thanks to the large amount of reviews you've got.

The writer writing now doesn't seem to be the one who started this story - he's become juiced on the amount of reviews he's nabbed, and he's not taking as much care.

Please fix this.

-Stinger
Fira Astrali chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Funny, but Peppy running after Slip and trying to kill him seems so out of character for him, but if Falco's gone someone's gotta' do it! Keep up that brand of houmor
Apathy chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
Ahh... Another chapter. (I've been checking every day for updates... I suppose that means I'm a fan?) Now... Let's see.

In a bizarre, warped, and twisted way, the whole sequence - who was getting the darts, 'leadership modification and point award bonus,' and the running away really fast - was kind of like a typical... Oh, how do you say it? Like typical guy-friends stuff, except for the fact that almost nothing in this entire universe is 'normal.' I probably didn't explain it too well, but it's very surreal. *nod*

I kinda feel sorry for the nameless ape, but I suppose it's just something you have to deal with when you sign on with Star Wolf, eh? Like a collateral damage/friendly fire clause. I also found it amusing that something so simple could so completely piss Leon off, but then, I've been known to have a somewhat unusual sense of humor.

The bit at the end with Wolf is interesting- My guess is that it's the time-twist that merges the past/future plotlines? Particularly interested in seeing where that goes, and how the rest of Star Wolf will react if/when they realize that Wolf hasn't come back from his 'step outside.'

The only thing I'm noticing is a minor tendency to misspell words, ect; nothing big, and it doesn't detract much from the story itself, but it might be more noticable because all the other aspects are so good. A spellchecker/beta-reader would probably iron it out, no problem. _

I've got my fix, and now I'm wanting the next. Very much anticipating chapter six!
Nama Shivaya chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
This is wonderfully written-I stumbled across it while I was browsing stories and I couldn't stop reading it. I love the in-depth detail you put in for each character, and the balance of humor and dark situations is very much the Star Fox series style. I'm especially intrigued by Wolf and Leon's stories, and I can't wait to find out more. I also think it's interesting how you put a new spin on Leon (my favorite character in the Star Fox series)-how he's cold and mechanical on the outside, but inside he's on the verge of snapping. Very interesting!

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Apathy chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
_Very_ nice. It's got the perfect balance of light and dark, as is perhaps fitting for such a story, with the more light-hearted humor bits accenting (but not interfering with) the more serious aspects. There are lots of moments that stand out, and the humorous moments don't become too "haha-isn't-this-funny?" (if you know what I mean), while even some of the darker moments have an undercurrent of dark (sometimes even morbid) humor.

And personality- Whew. Your characters - because in this world, they ARE yours - just radiate personality. I actually had to take a moment, at the end of chapter three; the whole scene with the lollipop is just true and endearing, while the reality of Peppy getting old and growing more and more infirm is a sad one, made all the more poignant by following such a fun scene (carrot-flavored lollipop?).

And I find the tack you're tacking, mixing the past and future as you are, to be intriguing. The fic would be great without it as a hook, but now I'm doubly-addicted; I HAVE to find out why this particular technique is being used.

“Who the hell wrote that the people of Sauria were a non-space technologically advanced people?” Ditto, indeed. XD

And I find some of the characterizations quite... captivating as well, particularly Star Wolf; though I'm a major Wolf fan, I have to admit that I find Leon and Panther to be the most intriguingly-written. Panther seems like he really needs to start thinking before acting, which you'd think would be a crucial part of the whole mercenary thing, while Leon- Hm. It's difficult to say, but the portrayal of the internal/external dynamic is an interesting one, which I can't say I've seen done before. It brings up the possibility of Leon breaking down, which is fascinating because he's just - to most people in the SF world and to many fans - this unshakable killing machine; having that ice-cool front being the mask over a bundle of nerves and neuroses is a new one. As is the age thing... Seventy-seven? Wow. Pretty spry for a senior citizen; this doesn't have anything to do with the whole 'lizard-shedding-it's-skin' thing? Or is it just the drugs?

And this review has probably gone on for too long already, so I'll just say that I'm greatly looking forward to the next chapter. _
number157493 chapter 4 . 11/2/2006
Beautiful writing as usual - I've come to expect nothing less from you! It's interesting to see your take on some new characters, I like the way you write for Leon especially. I can't wait to see where you take this fic.
Usless5075 chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
Wow, a lot of excellent detail and explanation on your part. You kept me into the story. Even though I've played Star Fox Adventures recently time after time to recreate a scene for my story, it still does not seem boring to read this beginning. THat's how descriptive and well written it is. Really, keep this up, please, I'm begging you. I haven't seen any good descriptive writers in a while who hasn't drawn on to too many detail about nothing. But you know where to start and stop. So great work.

Lex out
vampslayeraxle chapter 3 . 10/22/2006
I'm confused who's going to Sauria?Wolf or Fox?Good story update soon.
Stinger - VXR42 chapter 2 . 10/20/2006
You know; it's hard for me to actually get round to reading things these days, and when I do, it's rarely the sort of thing that makes me think twice about actually writing myself. Thanks to the large influx of general tat the SF section has been subjected unfairly to, I think it only fair that the people who put effort in, and really show themselves up as proper writers, deserve mentioning.

I honestly won't say right now that this is a fantastic story; it's well done but I want to be honest - too many times I've been disappointed by putting my faith in a writer, and they end up churning out an uninventive, samey piece.

I will say fromt eh off, however, that thsi new method you're trying is extremely intriguing - combining past, present and future is a theory not attempted by many; and it feels - allow me to use poetic licence - like it could prove a new, and fantastic twist to the fandom.

I'll be keeping an eye on this; you can be sure of that.