Reviews for A Bit of Paint and Canvas
Eagle chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Oh my God. That is - oh. Why the hell haven't I read this before? Why haven't I seen this? God, this is - this is simply perfect. Wonderfully paced, and the poignant, sorrowful mood was set so well. The last line, too, was just - oh, Neville...
The Silvermoon Wolf chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
if theyHEXED him, haha...
i nearly cried. this so sad and beautiful.
NevemTeve chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Good story, even if the genre should be 'Angst', but I do not really understand why Neville cares so much for Dumbledore. Actually, AD has never cared for Neville, a fact which you presented clearly ('We miss you, Professor'. 'I miss Harry, too').
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Nice job. a very very interesting piece. I liked the idea that the Dumbledore in the portrait wouldn't want to see Harry because he knew it would only hold him back. Good work!
Mikee chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Mercy.! This one has me in tears. It is so well done. I can just imagine Albus saying exactly what you have him saying to Neville. Well done. I wish there were more, but really, that last sentence does sort of put the period at the end of the sentence.

As an aside - I'm hoping you continue "Just after Midnight" and "Rules of the Game" soon.

Thank you.
SylvanDreamer chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Beautiful! Perfect! I loved the ending!
JetGriffins89 chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Oh, Merlin, this is good. Poor Neville. He's always had a special place in my heart, and I'm disappointed that he hasn't had a bigger role in the books, or fanfiction. Great job with the sadness-factor. You didn't over-do it and it was very touching.
Tu lo sai inc chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Amazing
Antosha Chekhonte chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
I like this story quite a lot. Erm...the first review, I wouldn't pay any attention to it. Anyone who uses Internet-speak, even in fanfiction, should learn real language, much like what you've done. I flinched when I finished the review. Anyone who writes a review with that many errors isn't worth listening to.
Avery chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
I've managed to stumble my way into your other stories, and I love them all!

First, I think ckontowderdon32's claims were rather meritless... it didn't seem that way to me at all.

Second, I like how you portrayed Neville's awareness of the surrounding people, as well as Harry.

Lastly, I thought the ending was rather powerful. If I was in my English class, I know we'd be analyzing that to death...

Anyway, great one-shot!
Emerald Soccer Cat591 chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
omg that was so sad. i almost cried. that was so good. wow.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
This made me cry.

It is interesting and graphic. "There was a picture of Neville Longbottom, painted by Ginny Weasley before she lost her fingers."

You captured Neville in a way I never thought of. In the books he DOES often get overlooked.

I was puzzled by the line about the "man who took down.. Crouch.." Barty Crouch, Jr. lost his soul at the end of Goblet of Fire. There was nothing left of Crouch, so I'm not sure what use "taking him down" would serve.

I liked your interaction between Neville and the painting of Dumbledore. I'm not sure of your mechanism to get him from leaning on Dumbledore's picture to get Neville inside the Griffindor common room, but it was okay.

You did a brilliant job, again. Thank you for a job well done.

Sincerely,

Miriam
Nyos chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
i LIKE it.

Kathrina CH chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
Wonderful story, realy!

Thanks!
Hamm On Wry chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Enough angst in this story for two more! Excellent job of fleshing out Neville's character.