Reviews for Unrequited
ThoseRandomTigers chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
At first I thought it was Kagome, but the swathed in green for speaker and ermine for the affection made me double-take. Maybe they're not so different after all.
Anon chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
After reading the rest of the reviews, I also love how so many people feel for the Inu/Kag/Kikyo thing, one of the most overused triangles. No one ever considers the small things!
Anon chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Love how it's Sesshomaru and Jaken! It sounds so romantic and deep, but as soon as you get to the green part, you know it's him.

It's also cool how you tried to masquerade it as InuYasha and Kagome, but as always, the epic loyalty of that little green frog will always win in our hearts. :p

Rock on, little toad. 3
brakken chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Well, it's Kagome speaking, and about Inuyasha, and she mentions Kikyou. While this isn't especially depressing or moody at all, the only bit I could see real humor getting worked in is the comparison of clothing, although I saw that originally more as a metaphor- green as a symbol for jealousy, while ermine has always been one of purity- in this case, the purity of ignorance, of the lack of knowledge. Just my take on it, not really sure what you were going for here. At times it seemed hopeless, at turns resolute, or envious, or regretful, I'm not really sure what to make of the emotions. Maybe you should use more connotative diction to express your mood?
Lilly McFadden chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Was this from Jaken's point of view about Sess? It is very funny!
Isha-libran chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Oh geez, is this supposed to be Jaken speaking about Sesshomaru?

That's just... *giggles*

Thanks for sharing! )
KC and IC chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
XD Very nice play with words. I think you were trying to lead people to think that the speaker was Kagome, and then surprise them with everyone's favorite stress ball ... Erm, Jaken, talking about how jealous he is of Rin who was able to get closer to his precious Sesshoumaru-sama than he did.

Just the right amount of obscurity. It wasn't blatantly obvious, nor was it too vague. Great piece of work, all in all.
Starlight Socrates chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Vague, no; obvious, no; humourous, not really.

Fairly well done Kag following Inu plot, shown by the loving-a-dead-woman and the wearing-green things. I especially like the 4th stanza. But whether it's my continuing love of angst or not, I really have to think about it to find the humour.

Nevertheless - well done.
Moonglow gal chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Ha! I GOT IT! You are absolutely amazing! "She who was once a corpse..." Brilliant! It was the "ermine" and the "green" that finally clued me in. I love you, Jaken!
SlayerSango23 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I must admit that I had to read this several times... About midway through I was convinced that Kagome was the speaker and Inuyasha the subject, but after another look I am thinking that Jaken is the speaker and Sesshomaru the subject...

When the speaker said "he places she who was once a corpse above me in his heart," I was immediately thinking that this is about Inuyasha placing Kikyo above Kagome. But then I thought, this could mean Rin, who was indeed once a corpse! Also, I don't think Kagome would speak quite so subserviently. Oh, and the whole insipid and green thing...I was originally thinking "green" with jealousy, but I changed my mind about that.

Anyway, wow, beautifully done! I think it was very subtle, just the right amount of vagueness. Bravo!
Rin-elwin chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I think it's Jakin to Sesshomaru. Am I wrong? I think you we're trying to make it look like Kagome and Inuyasha, and I wouldve continued thinking so until you asked who the subject and speaker was _, so good job! After that the "insipid green" comment, " who was once a corpse" and "he cuts me to the quick" was what convinced me. Kudos to you!
Ouatic-7 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
It sounds like Jaken to me, notably because red is not mentioned in the description of the loved one.
LunaChick82 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I liked it. At first I thought it was Jaken and Sessh, but half way through it when you said the bit of once a corpse, I questioned that it may be a reference to Kikyo, but the voice is clearly of someone like Jaken, and I couldn't think of another character that fit the profile. I was confirmed by the insipid green bit at the end.
ChiquitaQueen chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
The speaker is Jaken and the subject is Sesshoumaru. At first, I thought it was Inuyasha and Kagome. You had me stumped, especially with the whole corpse thing until I read "argent, ivory, ermine swathe his noble form; and I insipid green."

This was wonderfully written, but I didn't think is was humourous. There was an underlying tone of sadness to it.
DRAKE220 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
::snort:: well, to be honest it took me awhile to realize who your persepctive was supposed to be from. your use of subtlety was just awe inspiring! (did i mention that this was supposed to be humorous?)

i want you to know that when i first read your an i thought you were serious adn i was like, 'um...dear god...' but then i got the joke! (i had a long day...)

cute and very kagome.