Reviews for The Harp of Finduilas
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I really enjoyed this story! I have seldom ever read anything about Eowyn and Imrahil, and it was a refreshing and meaningful pairing. I can imagine Imrahil would really be fearing those things, and it is in keeping with his courteous but no-nonsense character that he would have no problem bringing them up. I enjoyed Eowyn's characterization too-strong and sure, yet gentle and mindful of her past and her family's past. Very good!
Rugi chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
I really enjoyed this. I think you have done a wonderful job of showing exactly how each of the characters would interact with eachother. Faramir has all of these thoughts and feelings hidden under the surface while Eowyn is open and honest in everything she does. I like that Imrahil raised such valid and interesting points when he met with Eowyn - he was honest and fair.
Xedra chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
That was lovely! I really love your Eowyn/Faramir stories! Your writing is very beautiful. :)
BM originally chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
I really enjoyed this story. You have a great view of Imrahil and Eowyn! And I agree-that is one thing in all of Tolkien's works that I don't care for-how many times he has the women pine away to death over their husbands or something else; makes them week. I'm not the kind of person who insists that a story use women warriors, and I'm not adverse to the traditional role of a woman in a story, but please as least give your heroines strength of spirit and character! And you story has done just that with Eowyn. Thanks for sharing!
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Nice. It's great to see Imrahil interacting with Eowyn, doing his best to protect his nephew. Eowyn's boldness to the point of brashness is shown well, too.
steelelf chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Beautiful! Well done! I loved this story!