Reviews for Song of the Cynic
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
hello! i was probably 13 years old when i first read this (around 2003?), and it was my favourite poem for years. me and my best friend memorized it. just now i messaged that friend and we realized we could recite 80% of this poem by heart, so many years after first reading it and loving it. we're almost 30 now. i hope this message somehow still gets to the author - you inspired me to write poetry all through my adolescence. thank you for writing this poem that was so formative to me!
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
I've loved this since the first time I read it. In fact, I sort of thought I'd reviewed it before. In any case, excellent, *excellent* poem. Rhymes beautifully and effortlessly, without a single word too few or too many.
Mowee chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
I love this so much, surprised I haven't reviewed already...it's so perfectly Grantaire. Usually, when I read things over and over, I get tired of them or start to think them silly. Hasn't happened with this. :)
Kang Xiu chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Hey, I'm sorry you don't like my fiction, cause I like yours *shrug* I guess I'm just new to Les Mis. *starts thinking depressed cynical Grantaire-esq thoughts* Oh well. This is really good, in my humble unlearned-in-the-way-of-Les-Mis opinion. Bah. Grantaire IS such a cynic.
Cecilia Carlton chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
I like the rythm (sp?). The last stanza is very nice.
Framboise chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
Is one of those things you read and are really, really annoyed that you didn't write yourself. (Did that make sense?) :)
Nyx3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
*tears* poor Gran...
Manon chapter 1 . 2/5/2002
RebelGoddess: thanks. It's meant to be choppy, actually; the man's drunk, and all.
Trashcandy chapter 1 . 1/27/2002
I've seen your stuff before. I've been to your site too. This is a great poem, a unique style of writing. It is rather hard to read and it doesn't flow very well. I see you reviewed the "Students Thing." That was meant to be a joke. A lot of the newer Les Misfits watch it for that reason and overlook the story. Since no one saw the irony, I took it down. I just felt like I needed to clear that up.
FrolickingPessimist chapter 1 . 1/27/2002
*sniff* ohh, r...nice...i like it.
Elphie Grantaire chapter 1 . 12/19/2001
*weaps*how sad! poor R! *sigh*
Thalia chapter 1 . 7/21/2001
::mesmerized:: Finally, a good Grantaire poem... I was beginning to become disillusioned. But this piece is perfect. The line breaks and all... "for martyrs don't come back to life and there's no good/in dying/and only children think that jumping off the roof/is flying"
Epigone1 chapter 1 . 2/25/2001
Oh, I hate you, Manon. You're too stinking good at this. You make me feel like such a novice. *sigh*. This is soooooo good I don't even know what to say. So perfectly done in Grantaire's voice, and it rhymes! My god, not fair. Love it. :)
Nicky2 chapter 1 . 12/6/2000
Excellent...there isn't anything more to say!
Shino Yume chapter 1 . 6/7/2000
That was very nice, I enjoyed it. I'm working on an excert from Les Miz with my theatre group, so I'm somewhat familiar with the songs. Very intuned to the character.