Reviews for Fear of Falling
ChloeSianSullivan chapter 10 . 12/26/2008
Ohh my god.

Update! D:
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 10 . 12/22/2007
Goodness me! This story is...quite a story. In the beginning and middle, I was like, this story is wonderful. But now that I've read the ending, it stuns me completely.

At first, I found it charming and adorable how Ryan always wanted to be near Marissa. How he brought his body close to her's as they watched The Nutcracker. How he spent Christmas with her and thought the key he gave her was the best gift. I relished in all the details, all the sexual inuendos, the flirtations, the phone calls, visits, the e-mails.

But it never left my mind; Ryan had a deformed conscience. Heh, I can't help but refer to Huck Finn. I recently had a final over it and learned that Twain was trying to showcase various ways in how Huck had a deformed conscience. Now I could be wrong, but I think Ryan has one, too. This feeling never left me; I felt that Ryan was a somewhat twisted character, person. How he treated his wife. Their marriage bizarred the hell outta me. How he never liked seeing her. Counteracted with how he was like a different person with Marissa, a happier person. But it always bothered me how he was so unlike Marissa in many ways.

But it all came back to what I learned in the end; Ryan was so use to familiar, safe, and stable. Never taking chances and risking it all. It hurt me to realize this because in the end, Ryan's flaws had hurt Marissa Cooper, the pure heart and the innocent. It puzzles me a bit, still. But it's because Ryan never really grew up to take responsibilty for his actions. Marissa; she had. And she was beautiful, confident, head-strong. Another reason why I was so into your fic was because it's usually the other way around in other stories; Ryan being the one more stable, but in here; he was so unstable. His love for Marissa was solid, but his actions were chaotic.

Like how he DID NOT CHOOSE MARISSA! I applaud you GREATLY for not letting that slip by, I knew you wouldn't. Becuase when that door slammed on his face and he was relieved and calm, I was just like, This is not right. So I was really glad Marissa confronted him.

What probably stuns me the most is how time applies to your story, here. More imporantly, how Ryan had wasted SO MUCH of it. 17 years. My god. That's too damn long. That... I can't even imagine it or begin to describe my feelings toward that notion, but that I'm stunned. But when you think about it, it didn't have to be that way, it just went back to Ryan's twisted, deformed conscience. He never had it in him to leave Theresa, to be alone. God. 17 years.

Anywho...From reading this story, I've come to understand now and know for a fact that you and this other amazing writer are probably the two best authors around here... But even more than that, I know you write out loud simply because you love Ryan and Marissa. And I love that the most. And I wanna thank you for that. Now as for me, on to that sequel ;)
iLoVeRynMar chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
fav!
fireworksinthesky chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Hey!

This is not actually a review. This is a proposal.

You are the first person out of all my friends over the internet that my birthday is tomorrow (16th April) so you should be very happy! LOL! Any chance I could find a email in my inbox saying "FF [[New Chapter/ New Story]]" somewhere throughout the day? *Hint Hint* LOL.

Then your present for me would be done!

Stephanie

P.S Don't forget to wish me a happy 14th!

Also, I was trying to sound cheeky not begging and desperate!
brandyurastar chapter 10 . 1/17/2007
i started reading this fic earlier and couldnt stop! i loved all of it, every word!

the last chapter ... i totally thought Bailey was marissa's boyfriend - the first time he was mentioned, was pleasantly surprised to find out it was her and ryan's son - great twist there!

im dying to read this sequel? have u started it!

thanks for writing
chasitybsp chapter 10 . 1/9/2007
Thank you, Thank you... dont ever doubt that I wont like the way you end a story because I think this plot line was brilliant- I loved their baby's name- Bailey Ryan Atwood-Cooper-Its so adorable!

The banter between Marissa and Caitlyn was so funny- glad to see they have grew even closer over the last 6 years. I was so happy when Ryan finally left Theresa- ALTHOUGH I COULDNT BELIEVE THAT HE REMAINED WITH THAT WITCH FOR 6 MORE YEARS!-

Please, please write a sequel to this- I would love it so much to see how and if this little family comes together- please...

Thanks so much- Cant wait for your next story!
psparkle7189 chapter 10 . 1/8/2007
oh man you totally had me fooled with the Bailey thing! I thought she moved on! I'm glad she didnt! So you left it off at the perfect place to start the sequel! I loved this story, and I'm an SS fan but you wrote this soo good that you turned me on to RM, thanks for that :) I hope you start the sequel soon!

-Steph
psparkle7189 chapter 9 . 1/8/2007
I loved this chapter, it was written really well! Tons of passion and description. The ending was a little bit upsetting but it was really good, and I cant wait to read the next chapter and the sequel... I'll be leaving you another review for next chapter too in like 20 mins :)

-Steph
spidergirl91 chapter 10 . 1/7/2007
omg that was awesome

you just keep on suprising me!

i love it
SumCoop chapter 9 . 1/7/2007
Hey Charlynn,

I’ve calmed down and I’m in the right shape to write a review which I have promised you, I was thinking of your story while lying in bed and I had to laugh at myself at the explanation I was giving myself; ‘stole his sperm?’ what was I thinking…I was so into the story that I didn’t think rationally, Ryan being with Theresa then Theresa telling him she wanted a divorce, Ryan going to the strip club to Marissa, seeing her, getting into a fight with her because he didn’t really make the decision; which by the way she is totally right about, then you skip 6 years and start of with a pregnant Caitlyn have me believe that Bailey is Marissa’s boyfriend, or actually I filled in the blinks, the scene then jumps to Ryan and Theresa where he finds out that his eighteen years of marriage have been a lie and even the last 6 years have been a lie, he says he wants a divorce but also says goodbye the way Ryan should, and if you hadn’t shocked me enough Bailey suddenly isn’t Marissa’s boyfriend but he is her son not only hers but RYAN’S TOO, and while I was clearly overwhelmed and thinking of scenarios for myself, like sperm stealing strippers, I totally forgot the fact that Ryan and Marissa made love the 6 years before, the night where she kicked him out, it was so overwhelming these last two chapters made me hold my breath the entire time, and it was seriously amazing I adored it!

Now let me start with explaining how proud I am of Ryan, he’s finally made his own choice he choose to divorce Theresa choose to stop this nonsense he was living in and choose Marissa even though she doesn’t know it yet. It was amazing! Seriously I admire it with every single bone in my body this story has been a blast Charlynn, very well written and I’m so happy you’re doing a sequel.

Bailey will start to ask questions and I’m hoping we will witness that in the sequel, I’m hoping we’ll see something’s from his point of view, and I’m also hoping that they haven’t met yet in the sequel and with they I mean Ryan and Bailey, by the way good job with the name, at first I just thought Marissa named Bailey, Bailey Ryan Atwood-Cooper because she wasn’t over him, but then I was like Bailey Ryan Cooper would’ve done the trick Marissa, until I read the last lines, she was going to have to tell Ryan he had a son.

The bond you briefly showed us between Marissa and Bailey already has grown to my heart, I loved it and I’m hoping that Ryan one day soon-ish will have the same amazing relationship with his son as Marissa, because he deserves it and so does Bailey.

Charlynn you keep amazing me and I can’t wait for the sequel as I have mentioned several times before but I’m being very sincere when I say that you are an amazing writer the missing link for Josh.

Love Noor!

PS: I don’t know if you’ve been replying on my reviews and if so then please just do it directly with your mail and not through fanfiction because ;and I don’t know why, every single thing I am supposed to get through ff I don’t get it not the reviews for my stories and if I am correct not the replies on my reviews for your story you could also be busy but if not, my email is just so you know, please don’t feel pressured to reply on every review I leave you I just thought you did and I’d hate to miss anything, I’m rambling I know and I’ll stop. Mail me if you like.
forgotten-kiss chapter 10 . 1/7/2007
Oh goodness! wowza thats definitley left room for a sequel lol! Wow, I loved it! was great stuff, argh to Theresa-17 years!

But thats v exciting about Bailey-ive always loved that name :D-and caitlyn!

Defs cant wait for the sequel and great job on this one!
lulabelljane chapter 10 . 1/7/2007
And the winner of the best shocking, never saw it coming, totally rocked ending goes to...YOU! Wow! That was such a great way to end it...and the fact that Marissa is raising their child on her own...like she has a little reminder of him with her everyday...just loved that!Though I was all grr that it ended there cause I so want to read the rest...but believe me...I'll wait patiently(at least I'll try...lol) for the sequel!

Great job...AMAZING story! Loved every second!
areil2010 chapter 10 . 1/7/2007
I cannot wait until u start the sequal!

Yes, Ryan isn't afraid of falling anymore and if you ask me its to little too late.

Marissa had a baby by RYan!

Hope everything works out in the sequal.
STROKESprincess chapter 10 . 1/7/2007
wow that was amazing :)

xx
CohenNAtwood chapter 10 . 1/6/2007
Just finished reading the story and all I have to say is wow. This story was completing amazing and they way you wrote the characters just immediately get you hooked to the story. Which is why I'm so glad your writing a sequel to this. I'm curious to find out just what happens to Ryan and Marissa? And will Ryan ever meet his son? Can't wait to see what's in store with the sequel. Great job with the story. So Update as soon as you can.