Reviews for Iridescence
Guest chapter 4 . 12/2/2013
Wow, this is incredible. Obviously there's not a lot of room for a sequel for Persa, but maybe some more along this line? Little snippets of a younger Jack's life? I really want to see more :D
MooMoo-Sama chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Ah, the Folk.

I'm adoring this already.
Anna chapter 4 . 7/6/2007
I like this story! Sure, it's not what the movie says, but its still awesome. And believable (in a fantasy kind of way). Good job! :D
Maurean chapter 4 . 1/25/2007
I loved your story. You're a great writer. I can't wait to read the next chapter and find out what will happen to young Jack and his mermaid friend, so good luck finishing it soon,mate. May it be long, eventful and as wonderful as the first 4. May it make you a proud writer:)

Thank you.

MAUREAN
babymene17 chapter 4 . 11/24/2006
Aww...that was sweet! I liked it a lot! Love and Peace! Kupo!
teacrumb chapter 4 . 11/12/2006
AH! Marvelous chapter! I'm sorry to see Persa go, though, you did her so beautifully. I love this Jack! It's the only boy Jack that I have ever found convincing. This story is very different from any other and I am addicted! Please update soon because I really must find out what happens to Jack!
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 4 . 11/11/2006
Now that was a really good chapter a couple mistakes but still good.
teacrumb chapter 3 . 11/4/2006
Oh how I love this story! At first the use of the word "were" instead of "was" was a bit distracting (were a bit distracting, lol), but once I eased into the story, it gave it a really unique and appealing feel. It emphasizes Jack's perspective and lessens the "narrator" element. And I know I've already said this, but your imagery is INCREDIBLE. I can hear and see and feel everything! Will she find him a ship? Please update without delay!
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 3 . 11/4/2006
I like how you handled this chapter is she showing him the pearl or a different ship? Can't wait for your next update.
ChristineX chapter 2 . 10/31/2006
This is really beautifully written. I'm really enjoying getting Persa's thoughts and perspectives on the land dwellers. And what a novel explanation for all the trinkets and gew-gaws in Jack's hair!

Poor kid - you can really feel his desperation and anger/sorrow. He was never meant to be part of the regular world, that's for sure.

And now he's awake! I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jack reacts to Persa. :-)
teacrumb chapter 2 . 10/28/2006
Fantastic! I love the way you write-it reads like poetry. What an interesting way for Jack to get the charms in his hair though...I like it. But now I have to know what happens next! Write more please!
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 2 . 10/28/2006
Now this chapter I like I think it was really sweet and I loved the interactions/reactions of the two.
ChristineX chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Oh, this is a lovely start! (Well, maybe lovely isn't exactly the right word to describe a group of pirates being hanged, but you know what I mean...)

What a horrible thing for Jack to witness - but this does show that he learned early on the importance of being able to wriggle out of sticky situations.

I really liked the narrative with the merpeople. You caught their alien viewpoint very well, I think.

I'm very interested to see what happens when Persa meets up with Jack! (At least, I assume that's where this story is heading...)

Update soon!
teacrumb chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Hm... Very intriguing. That is a terrible thing for Jack to have to watch, and I'm interested where you will take his character from here. And the supernatural is well handled-it's creative and your descriptions are beautifully done. Please do update this soon! I'll review!
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Mermaids eh? Interesting keep updating and I'll keep reading.