Reviews for The Last Survivor
elsiek chapter 1 . 8/23/2019
Not sure if I commented before but want to say that I've just reread this story and I love it. I appreciate how you told this story from Mawani's point of view and how you developed her character. I could really see her and understand her. A great SGA story, Thank you.
Vadercat chapter 1 . 11/13/2018
Great story! Uplifting in a way, she had a lot of courage. And yet the story is very sad and tragic, to lose your people, your family and your only child. Makes you happy she found a new life, another purpose and friends that care. They see her for her, not a backwaters uneducated woman. And she has backbone that will get her the furthest in life, no matter what becomes of her.
Sheppardlover928 chapter 5 . 7/9/2017
Loved it...agin!
MandaScooby chapter 5 . 7/21/2015
I know I'm nine years too late, but this was beautifully written. Thank you!
Astrollama chapter 5 . 3/27/2014
There are so many stories written about Atlantis, most of which entertain briefly and then get forgotten. This is not one of those. You have captured something very special here and I thank you for that. I have read all your work and seen how it has progressed in confidence and ability, but there is something magical about this one, and I hope you enjoyed the writing of it as much as I have enjoyed reading to the end.
Stand up and take a bow, it deserves a standing ovation!
sheppardlover928 chapter 5 . 4/7/2013
This was written so long ago, I only ope that my words reach you. What a wonderful, heartwarming story! I loved the point of view being that of Mawani! She was truly a godsend for John and Rodney and in the end , they were for her. This last chapter had me shedding many tears! I just loved this story so much! Thankyou for sharing this gem! It's definitely going in my favorites!
Guest chapter 5 . 3/16/2013
Excellent piece of writing! Thank you!
scifi-karis chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
This was a very different story, helped along by the different perspective of the storyteller. I first thought Mawani was an old woman, and it took until the second chapter before I realized she wasn't! Thanks for writing this. It's good to read SGA fic told from another character's perspective every once in a while, and you did so well, going so far as to not name things that we think of as everyday devices, colors or occurrences, and describing them from Mawani's perspective. Wonderful!
Gracie Holmes chapter 5 . 3/28/2011
Fantastic story! Loved every bit of it. :)
EbonyWing chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
Amazing.

Normally I hate OC's but Mawani captured my heart. I love the way she's bonded with Sheppard and "sky eyes" (love that!) and found a place on Atlantis.

It was an excellent story that took me completely by surprise. I'm so glad it had a happy ending! _

I loved it and am favouriting it right now to re-read again...and again and again, etc!

Just...grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Brillant!
Jessie Wulf chapter 5 . 11/2/2010
I have to say, I loved this! You could have broken up the five chapters a bit, say 2-3 for each chapter you made. However, everything else was great. I really did get immersed into the story. It was believable, and all the characters were real. Really, good job.
hajimebassaidai chapter 5 . 6/2/2010
A beautiful, quirky and totally unique story!

The depth of detail in the world of Mawani is incredible. Telling an entire story from her POV, with all the details of her way of life and way of thinking, make for a fascinating perspective and a brilliant read!

I liked her observations on the bickering between John and Rodney and on the undercurrents in all the things they didn't say.

A story I will come back to again and again.
Starlightdreamerstar chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
What a beautiful and moving story, a masterpiece and a joy, thank you!
lilawonder chapter 4 . 3/23/2010
I gave a review at the end but somehow forgot to make this story one of my favorites.
lilawonder chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
Amazing. Your use of first person was perfect. The way Mawani spoke was beautiful, her words poetic.

I also want to congatulate you on creating a scenario and character, that to me was utterly believable.

I usually read fanfiction for the characters of my shows. However Mawani is the star of this piece, as she should be, and I found myself only wanting to know her is a rare thing in this genre to find original characters with so much life and dimension. I urge you to write more of her story. If you cannot use this site then perhaps on LiveJournal.

I am an aspiring writer and I thank you for showing me what is possible.

Melissa