Reviews for Grief
Bellbird chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Really good. I'm glad that you're an English teacher! You should give ME some advice to improve my stories!

KatieLB chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
I like how you have dean turn himself around... i can totally see him doing that...great job
NC Girl chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
I love this! I can't even tell you why, but I really, really like this a lot. And you ended it so well. Thanks for posting.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Great job. I love it. Very Dean-esque. Catch ya on the flip side.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
For being so short, you pulled this together well. Though I do think that Dean puts his mother on more of a pedestal than this portrays, I love how you explain (without rephrasing the episode itself, as many people do) why Dean felt compelled to stay away from his mother's grave.

Also, you make Dean smart and thoughtful, not just desperate and irrational, as many recent angsty 1st person pieces seem to. He knows he's the only thing between Sammy and Sammy's destruction,but he's reasonable about it. As this episode showed, Dean can still think and do his job, despite what has happened to him. I think it's more in canon for him to come to a resolution such as this, than to be completely confused and in a state of constant despair. Dean's job is still the same - protect Sammy. He knows that. And you show that very well.

Last but not least, that final line is spectacular. It makes me think of old war movies, where the main character is all noble and valiant to the end, until he sacrifices himself to save his friend - or in this case, his brother. And the movie ends with the departed receiving some medal or badge of courage. Dean so deserves a medal.

Splendid tag, man!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
This is an excellent tag. I think you've captured a poignant point in Dean's dealing with grief. I think he does see it as an enemy - something that will keep him off his game. A threat to Sam - the most important person in the world to him. And Dean will kill to save Sam. He said it before "The things I'll do and kill for you and Dad; it scares me sometimes". But Dean also recognizes that he needs saving as well. Powerful writing. Thanks for sharing.