Reviews for Immure
MaryLilaWest chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Woah! Absolutely fabulous. I'm not sure I can quite word my absolute appreciation for this piece of art! I adore the idea, and it is executed well beyond words! Absolutely splendid is all I can say!
Lys chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
i agree, nice quote.

btw, the word, or more accurately, the phrase that strawberrydanish was looking for is "living vicariously through his characters". i guess that can happen to a writer who truly obsesses with his work. there's an typo error in the second line. it should be whose, not whole. the mood was set excellently by the description of the background. however, the "Holly!" bit was a little jarring, as the previous parts did not really lead into it. maybe you could revise it so that it hints more about her obsession with her being real. at first it seemed more as if it was trying to describe his loneliness and obsession with the world he created, rather than focusing specifically. actually, i can't really find much of a link to Holly being the one he's obsessed about in the earlier parts.
Nicole chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Wow, it's brilliant. I love it.

I didn't get it until the last bit, but I should read it again.

But I just have say that you write really well.

Bravo. ]
Severe Cabbage chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
i find this concept very plausible, actually-how many of us, at one time or another, have walked by a mirror and seen another person standing there, only to realize that it is in fact ourselves and we've been walking around with our hair looking like that ALL DAY...or maybe that's just me? Anyway, love the story, as i love everything you've written. :)

slime frog chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Hehe. Actually, I think I did get most of that... I mean, I didn't figure it out right at the beginning, but I realised the second window was a mirror pretty early on, and that he was watching himself, making up worlds/characters for himself, and at the end, was so deep in his delusion, when he realised he WAS the person in the mirror, he forgot he'd CREATED 'Artemis Fowl' and yelled Holly cos he thought she was real as she was real to the guy in the mirror... But then again, I don't usually get these arty-one-shot-talented things you clever people do, so I'm probably way off the mark. Enjoyed it though!
Dim Aldebaran chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Oh, lovely. Easily the best thing you've written IMHO. :D

I don't really have much concrit for it, except that the writing- well, I always like to match style to mood, which you didn't do, but that's personal preference, really. And perhaps more emphasis should have been placed on Holly, instead of just right at the end - perhaps use her more of an example of his "fantasy" earlier in? - so that it ties together a bit more neatly. Other than that... well, wow. I hope I get you for the remix next time, since I'm just itching to have a go at this. XD Lovelovelove.

I mean... well, you probably have an idea of part of why I like this, since I can totally see myself doing this and *believing* it, which is scary, unless I already do it right now and I don't know? But then, I suppose it doesn't matter either way. :P

*coughs* Anywho. Lovelove. Glad I dropped by and read this in my daily tour of the Nets. *salutes*
Strawberriedanish chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Hey. Tora here. I've only read your story through once. Maybe I should read it again later, but I think I'll just review now. Okay, these next ramblings may not make any sense, but it's just me sharing my views on your story.

I love the quote in the begining. It's so true. When you stop for a moment, or even a few years, life still goes on. It will always be there. Time keeps moving, things and people alike, change. It's always there. Even when the earth and such eventually dies out, reality still happens. It's the one constant in an ever changing world. Er...sort of.

Mr. Colfer never did specify wheather Artemis was beautiful or ugly. Most people on fanfiction assume he beautiful. Or at least what I've read.

I think we're all searching for a purpose in life. Wheather it's another person, your job, or a goal you would like to accomplish in life. Purpose is something humans feel they have to achieve. It makes them happy. So in reality, our life purpose is to be happy.

I'm pretty sure the main character of this was Artemis, and how he was the true author of the AF Series. Close to the end Artemis began to believe the lies he had made up about the characters in the books, or more acuratly, the lies he made up about himself. He became engrossed in the books, spending more time thinking up plots and character interactions. In a way he was living his life through the made up lives of the characters. There's a word for that, but I've forgotten it.

I think I understand that last few sentences. Artemis was so wrapped up in the story of his books, that he started to believe it was all true, slipping away from reality, and in turn believing Holly was a reallife person. So when he was indeed in trouble he cried to Holly for help, believing that she would come and save him in the end. Lack of human interaction will do that to a person. So yeah, overall I liked it, so keep up the good work!
refloc chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
OMG, Mozzie! It took me three times to get it but I did! [s]and I am proud of myself, yes[/s] (strikeout doesn't work here, does it?) That was very interesting. I would never have thought of something like that in all the plot bunnies in the world. It was beautiful.

I totally feel like I should tell you something constructive, but I don't have anything to say. (but I like your dedication)
Simmetra chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
That was really well written.

I had to read it a few times, but I finally got it. I don't get the last line, but other than that, I found it pretty good.
Realilly chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
SOUNDS really good, READS really good, and i thought that i had it after i read it the second time, but the last 2 sentences threw me off...

me no get.
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
I didn't get it until the end...but it's really good!'s the word...uh...*has mind block* Oh, whatever.

WAIT! I remembered! Nice veiling! You know, like...well, it's really good, you don't get it until the end and that's awesome cause it makes for a crud! Well, yeah. Hard to explain, but good.

Hey, is there a problem with the Observatory? What's going on?

Anywho...great story! :D