Reviews for Shadow Bound
Nom de Plume chapter 16 . 3/16/2013
Now this. THIS is what I call an Epic. You see that capital right there? Yeah, that's how epic this baby is because it has been way, WAY too long since I've read a story from start to finish and actually liked it from beginning to end. It's easy to get into something, and perhaps even easier to get strung along but 'ell, eventually a story gets too strung out and interest wanes and by the end, you wonder why you've read it in the first place.

But your narrative here? There wasn't ONE moment where I felt like that. Every moment was crucial, you definitely did not waste your words, and even though there wasn't much character development as I would have liked (okay, let me rephrase that, the relationship development-b/c I felt Malon fell in love way too easily and it was only Knil's near death experience that threw a wrench in her emotions to elicit such a dire reaction.. and I won't get started with Knil's birth of affections but I WILL acknowledge that you didn't have him prance around, sprouting love confessions- much appreciated)... I do like the fact that Malon had developed some sense of maturity by the end and that you've kept Link's shadow true to his character even after becoming human. I can only imagine how tempting it would be to make him grow into a caring father figure overnight so the reaction to the baby was very en-pointe.

Regarding the pregnancy, I was loathe to read this 'epilogue' because all pregnancies usually have a very telling and repetitive formula in any kind of fandom but I am glad that I didn't skip out on this because this was my favorite chapter! The interaction between the midwife and Knil... priceless, she definitely scores a top spot in my favorite list of OCs. But even more than that, the ending... OMGOD, spoken like a true LoZ fan- you incorporated the "legacy" and "timeless prophecy" motifs so smoothly and so realistically that it really makes one wonder... God, usually I hate endings- not because it's the end of a story per se but more like... I'm never satisfied with how stories end these days (or maybe I'm just an anal reader) but your ending...

And last but certainly not least, how you took two underrated characters and an even more.. underrated pairing, spun their tales, their fears, their motives... You, authoress, are the reason why I continue to read crack pairings. But I hesitate to even call this a 'crack' pairing because it just ruins the beauty of this piece. Really, thank-you for sharing this.. and for completing it.
Tetrabelle chapter 16 . 2/8/2013
I just read this almost nonstop. Absolutely amazing story. You are truly a goddess. Thank you. Thank you for bringing this into the world. I think this story is just going to have to become cannon in my heart. Zelda obviously lives in your heart as it does in mine. One Zelda crazed woman to another, THANKYOU.
xCrysi chapter 16 . 2/1/2013
I mean there's obviously plot holes but like I don't really care that much XD it was really well written and an enjoyable read. Thanks for the story :)
Guest chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
I like this story. I hope that you can make another one. It would be awesome if some one wrote about dark link and a human from our world getting sucked into the game.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/5/2012
Smack him upside the head and right as he's about to attack hug him
Nodakime chapter 16 . 10/28/2012
Wow. This was simply amazing. Though I'm not completely sure of the ending. Did it skip a few centuries and the last few lines are an epilouge of sorts? I think I understand, but I would appreciate if you were to clarify it to me more.

Other than that, I enjoyed reading this story immensly. I've just started reading into this fandom and this story has definitely encouraged me to read more! I hope to read the companion piece sometime and I know I will surely love it!
Nodakime chapter 14 . 10/28/2012
I don't usually review more than once a fic, but I have to say I love this so far. I am in near tears and really can't wait to see what you have planned in the next 2 chapters!
6teenana1 chapter 16 . 9/22/2012
This story was fantastic. I loved the way you portrayed dark link and malon, and how you actually named him and have him life. I love your ending: not necessarily happy, but amazing nonetheless. Great job, this is awesome.
KJHWCCS chapter 16 . 9/19/2012
I wanted to try something different and this really hit the spot. You've made me a bonified Malon/Dark Link fan now lol Wonderful plot, amazing characterisation and the ending was just absolutely perfect. Enjoyed this story immensely!
U ARE U chapter 16 . 8/18/2012
Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic Epic

great story, now MAKE MORE.'_'
Guest chapter 16 . 8/12/2012
This story is quite possibly one of the most marvellous gems on . I say time and time again that finding good stories on is like sifting through the crap pile to find diamonds. This idea has occured to me before, but reading this has made me think about starting a Fanfiction Gems collection. I would be honored if you would allow me to include this story.
Skidda chapter 16 . 6/16/2012
This was amazing!
mah link is gone chapter 3 . 3/13/2012
al right first of all this is really good. it makes nerds liking for lord of the rings (trust me the nerds at my school talk about it every single second) look like nothing! oh and yeah i made this name a long time ago when there was nothing with malon and link
intop chapter 16 . 2/27/2012
This was quite a read. I have never, ever seen someone who writes as well as you, with all the plot twists, how well the characters were written (Especially Dark Link, whom I've noticed is instantly turned into some caring.. eh something within the first two sentences) and it all just seems to.. fit, you know.

Well done, Im keeping this in bookmarks to read later.
TheEpicNoob chapter 16 . 12/28/2011
This story was the longest, most filling, most satisfying fan fiction I have ever read. Cheers, continue to write, etc, etc, insert bunch of cheesy bullcrap. No but seriously, this story was good. :D
502 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »