Reviews for It Would Have To Do
Devil of My Family chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
aw...! cute, I loved it
L chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Really like the story, nice plot device for emotional exchange in character. The phrase "haemorrhaging emotion" especially struck me - but great writing throughout.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Oh, medicatedSam could have been fun.

Poor Dean.
Palo Alto chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Compelling stuff! I really liked how you showed Dean's inner struggle and his committment towards his brother at the same time and how he finds back to himself at the end. Great work!
Winter Stars chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
OMG... what a great, beautiful story. I nearly cried at the end when Sammy cried and asked Dean to stay. Thank you very much for writing this. Thank you.
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
And now I'm in pieces. Thousands of tiny broken pieces. Scared, doped up Sammy clinging onto Dean just broke my heart.

Oh...why couldn't Sam have got some pain relief before CSPWDT ended. :-)
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
nothing like a drugged up sammy to make your head hurt more LOL good little missing scene. good job
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
This was very sweet. Poor Dean was pretty much trapped in mini-hell having to deal with his druged brother while trying to hold in his own pain.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
So sweet - I like HighSam. HighSam is HonestSam. And god, poor Dean. He just makes my heart ache.

Are you going to write more? Or is this a one-shot. It's a good one-shot if that's what you're planning.
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
To echo the words of dopey Sammy...

I'm really, really, really, really, really, really glad you wrote this.

Very cute but very meaningful and much needed for the boys...well, I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind skipping the broken hand and the drugs, but still...very much needed.

Please don't take this wrong way, either, I just wanted to point out something that was a bit distracting for me...it was the use of the word "murmured". I can understand using the same word two, maybe three times in one story...but given the length of the story and how closely the word was used together...each time it came on the screen I kind of withdrew from the story and I thought 'that word, again?'. But PLEASE don't think I'm trying to flame you. You are a terrific writer with real talent...I just thought I'd add that maybe you could have used other adjectives or descriptions, you know? And maybe it was just me, and I don't mean to be picky, really. But I will say after my odd distraction, it was so easily to be charmed back into this tale.

Now, I'm going to list some of my favorite lines. Like this one...

-"Hi Dean." He stated, then looking at the doctor, "That's Dean."-

lol! I just ADORED that line. I could so picture Sammy saying something like that. 'That's Dean.' As if the guy needs an introduction...but aww, Sam.

-knowing there was something wrong with it, but at the moment, unable to identify what it was.-

I just really liked how you worded that. Very clever, and really got the point conveyed just wonderfully.

The entire 'Sam unable to change clothes' segment was so sweet. Is it weird I find grown up Sam and grown up Dean 'echoing the boys they'd been' really attractive?

Then, of course, Sam's confession of needing Dean to stay...and Dean's whole 'wanting to turn the world off' or just leave...but finally making the choice to stay with Sam, for Sam. They are SO brothers, I love it.

Thanks for writing this, it was really great. And I'm sorry if I seemed to have "ranted" about using the same word a few times...I still really enjoyed this.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Wow! What a good job.

I'm glad Sam told Dean what he was feeling. Even if Sam won't remember, at least Dean won't forget.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
angel679 chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
OMG this is so good. What Sam was scared to say to Dean in his concious state his doped up and goofy self just let loose. I just wish Dean could get over the fact that his dad is dead but that Sam needs and has always needed him more than he ever needed John. Dean keeps Sam grounded and Sam keeps Dean going even if he doesnt want to and sometimes thats just enough to get past the worse of the hurt and on to a more even keel.
Queenofthehours chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
I was gutted when they left the episode like that, and I'm so happy that I found this story. I almost died laughing when Sam said "they won't come off" and I had tears in my eyes by the end. Loved it.
Evergreene chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
That was really sad, yet also completely adorable. Doped up Sam is so cute!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 10/23/2006