Reviews for Practically
Calli chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
This is exactly how people should think about the relationship between Bert and Mary. She's a wonderful piece of work, and somehow it always seems odd if they can end up together all the time.
Emmy chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I enjoyed this. As much as I would like more, I think it is better as a oneshot, as is. I think it is all the more powerful for being so short and concise.
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I absolutely adore this story - the imagery is fantastic, and you tell it so well in so few words. Thank you!
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
A great story. Very good.
Abster1 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Aww. I really like this. No matter how sad this makes me. Because you're right, a Mary/Bert relationship is probably one of the most tragic.

I really like that we see her on a cloud, looking down on London. Oh - and my favorite line, "And then, of course, she musn’t tell the wind what to do—that would be quite rude."

Very well done.

-Abz
MusicalIncline chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
That was really good!

Continue?
julene chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Loved it! I thought that it was a tragic relationship too, but... last week i was in London and saw the Musical! It is soo good and so beautiful and so lovely! I would see it again and again...

And now, good news, in the musical the love story between Bert and Mary isnt as tragic as it seems in the movie. At the end she tells him she has lo leave, he pleads her to stay and kisses her in the cheek, but she goes anyway. Some scenes after, she returns in the applauses, when they greet the public, they sing Supercalifri... you know, again, and then she takes Berts hand and kisses him in the cheek.

When the curtain falls, theyre still hand in hand.

I saw it with some friends, we were all girls, and we all felt in love with Bert in the musical. Cmon, he dances claque upside down in the ceiling!
Steeleafan chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
OH you have to continue you just have to! I adore it and if you don't I don't know what I'm going to do! It was great especially

freashly applied practically perfect make up!
mmcgonagall06 chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Aww...that was cute! I always thought they should have thrown some Bert/Mary into the movie, though apparently the author of the books was explicit that they were to stay platonic...oh, well...Very well-done. I think it's very effective as a one-shot!
Pavane chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
I liked the subtle AU-ness of Mary's characterization, supposing that she would cry very hard at leaving Bert again, though it's probably not the first or last time she will do so. The first half of this one-shot is the best, and I think you should leave it as a one-shot.
CorrineIoneBingham chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
i agree. mary and bert are the next romeo and juliet. plz write more i love this paring and love to see people writing fanfiction about them. i've been trying to write some of my own but i'm afraid to post it because i'm scared i might break a rule and get in trouble. But anyway...KEEP WRITING...PLZ!
Shrimps1995 chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
I totally think you should continue! But make sure it's a happy story! I love Bert and Mary together.
Isayssoccer chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
How I describe this?

Practically perfect in every way.

Actually, it's completely perfect. But "Completely perfect in every way" isn't a quote from Mary Poppins. So there.
foreverliesl28 chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
oh wow! beautifully tragic... are you planning on continuing? please?
Underlined Tilde chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
If it is possible... In one short story, you have totally MASHED THE ESSENCE OF MARY POPPINS INTO A PULP BEFORE TEABAGGING ITS CORPSE!

You killed it. Mary, is dosn't have that kind of emotion.