Reviews for No Longer the Zeppo
crocket chapter 9 . 6/10/2014
i read a zander leaves before but cant think what it was called think it was a bunch one shot things nice to see a story he leaves
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
In all truth, Xander's portrayal wasn't so much a weakening of his character to make Buffy strong as a metaphor for Joss' insecurities as a teen, at least in the early seasons.

That it wound up that way was inadvertant. (By the way, Zeppo Marx was the background guy that stepped behind the cameras as his style was not as cinematic as Harpo's or Groucho's. Groucho Marx outright said he always thought Zeppo was funnier than he was.)
Rune Tobor chapter 9 . 3/26/2013
Feels like a very iong "chapter one".

And I agree that Joss made lots of mistakes, but if it had been perfect then there would be no openings for fanfics.
Dick Rash chapter 5 . 4/4/2012
It's a good thing this was abandoned. It really pissed me off. A vamp is a vamp. Xander would have NEVER become one. Because he is now, dead.
ChaosRune chapter 7 . 3/2/2012
This was a good fic, and interesting, even with the whole unnatural attraction between Xander and Emily that feels more like a cheap plot device, that actual romance (seriously, 1 freaking date and he is turning vampire for her?). The point where you screwed up was when you had Xander decide to become a vampire, can you see how fucked up that is? The things he has swear bloody vengeance for killing his best friend, and he decided to become one of them for a girl he has know less that a week? This fic fails to even get the basics of who Xander is, you might have as well started this fic with your OC called Alex without destroying an interesting character like Xander in the process.
bobcox26 chapter 9 . 7/9/2011
Let me just say way I love Buffy, Kindred is the best Vamprie show on tv. In the moves underword is the best. I did not think that I would like this story at first but I here to say I was very wrong and enjoy it very much. I read the Highland (space monkey) wich I also enjoy very much. You are a very good story teller an d writer I will keep a look out for your stories thanks
too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
T found this fic on a rec list and had planned on reading it ... until I saw that you'd misspelled the name of one of the regular characters from Buffy in the second sentence. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who walked after seeing "Cordillia".

The sad thing is that this fic was probably worth reading, since I've liked most of what that person has recommended. I'm just tired of starting promising fics only to give up in frustration due to a plethora of similar errors and have recently decided to avoid the problem entirely by walking away when the issues show up early in a fic.

Good luck with the writing (but consider a beta!)
jarad hillman chapter 9 . 6/30/2009
Well, first things first, a criticism. Your astoundingly entertaining fanfiction has eaten up what would be otherwise boring and productive time by burying my head in startlingly well written and amazingly engaging fiction. Please start writing drivel and badly spelled leaps of incalculably poor reality suspension. If you do so, then I won't have to take time out of my otherwise zombielike day to write carefully concealed bouts of praise to a talented author who lightened an otherwise drab day.

Ps. Thanks, im drinking it all in, and enjoying every second.
Nighetray chapter 9 . 9/24/2007
very cool. I can't wait to start reading the next part of the stroy.
deathsheadx chapter 6 . 9/13/2007
hi i started this story with no idea what it was about but i'm sorry i cant read on.

there is no way, no how xander would willingly accept being turned into a vamp. xanders hate of vampires is core to his being and i dont think souls would make a difference to him a vampire is a vampire.

i'm sure you've crafted a lovely story i see this has sequals but seriously when you mess with something as fundamental as xanders loathing of vampires your story loses integrity a werewolf i could see but willingly becoming a vampire is just as bad as xander turning gay in season 3 after 2 seasons of being shown as hetro

good writing poor grasp of who xander is.
Axe The Underboss chapter 4 . 8/20/2007
*treated him as if he were a chud or something.*

They treated him like a Canabalistic Humanoid Underground-Cave Dweller?
Aria DeLoncray chapter 9 . 8/15/2007
Great story! Can't wait to read the rest.
Khadon chapter 9 . 3/6/2007
Well, good first part. Not sure if I agree with how easily Xander excepted the whole being embraced bit but...still looks like it'll be a good series of fics to read. On to the second one.
Khadon chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
I just started reading this and I like it so far. Reading this first chapter has just made me realize something that you and a lot of authors do you write a Xander-centric story. He refers to himself as "the Zeppo" and it never even gets a raised eyebrow. I'll admit that before watching that episode and having it explained to me if someone had reffered to themselves as "the Zeppo" it would have just gotten a big "Huh?" from me and yet in fanfics it seems like everyone knows what he means without needing an explanation. I find it interesting.

I'm not critising you for doing that I'm just pointing it out that since we (authors and readers) understand what it means we forget that other characters in the story may not.

Anyways, let me just get back to reading and maybe you'll get a review from me on another chapter. ;)
WalterDornez215 chapter 9 . 1/4/2007