Reviews for Adamant Gentleness
GallagherGirl369 chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
That is sooooo cute. not cute that Seto is having nightmares, but the fact that he goes to his little brother.
Keep up the good work.
AngelSilverWing1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Cute
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
So darn beautiful! Keep up the good work!
Clockwork Silver chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
...Trying to put a review to this... is rather difficult, cause words of praise seem to destroy the efeect you created right here. Either way, I love it.
Who'sObsessed10 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I really enjoyed this fic. It's well written, and it shows a softer side of Seto that we don't usually get to see, a side that I think we SHOULD see more often. And I totally agree that Seto's been trained for combat-we certainly see him use that training in the series. Honestly, those scenes are some of his most awesome, so I'm glad you referenced that in this.
drashizu chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This was a really touching and deep story. I enjoyed the way you managed to get all of these emotions and memories across in the space of only a short scene. Very interesting to read, and added a whole new level to Mokuba and Seto's relationship for me. This is the first story of yours that I've read, but I think I'm going to go peruse some of the others.
SongOfPerfidy chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Such a beautifully created piece. There was so much left unsaid, but for some reason, with the knowledge gained by reading it, I could fill in those gaps. Truly an amazing work of art you have created here. The detail, the thoughts, the heartfelt emotions made this fanfiction close to perfect. Maybe it is. You are very talented, and I do not mean to be envious, but I can't help it. The skill of the writing in this piece is practically unmatched. Please do keep up the good work.
ariesdragon chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I decided to leave a review for this even though I'll know you'll probably never read it because it reminded me of something Kazuki Takahashi said in an interview with the Japanese Shonen Jump. He said that the word that haunts Kaiba the most, the one word most important to understanding his character and the one thing that drove Kaiba insane was patricide. It just reminded me of the scene in the manga where Kaiba just smirks in triumph and gives a smart remark after seeing his father jump out of a window and kill himself. Granted, Gozaboro was incredibly cruel (and even that doesn't begin to describe it) but his death did not give Kaiba even a brief pause. Anyway, Takahashi said that it was after that moment that Kaiba went completely insane. In other words, I think author is saying that it was that moment that broke Kaiba. It makes sense in the context of this story too. He's afraid of becoming (again) that person because he knows he capable of it. He knows he is capable of just laughing because he won while another human being plummets to their death, even if the one he did this too tormented him. His past shaped him into that and even though he isn't crazy anymore his past continue to trap him into the role of this cruel, cold, ruthless businessman even though all he really wants deep down inside is to make children happy. He wanted to be the kind game maker and amusement park owner who takes away the pain from disadvantaged youth even if for only just a moment because he knows from experience that games saved him. But his past and the people around him forces him to have cruel personality he now fears and possess. I can easily see this being Kaiba's greatest fear and the one that keeps him up at night. The one thing strong enough to send him into his brother's room for comfort.

Also, about A/N in the manga Kaiba mentions that all Kaiba Corp employees are required to know basic self defense including how to fire a gun. He mentions that Kemo learned the few skills he had from him. He then proceeds to prove that he is obviously going to be better than his employees at self defense. Kaiba is also seen manhandling a couple of Pegasus's goons in the Japanese version. So your idea that Kaiba would knows martial arts is totally canon though it's never specified what he knows or how far along he comes.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
seto can probably use the force too... o.O

great oneshot,

brittney
Zoom Into Me chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
this was a good story. i liked it. a good read.
Tjix chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Beautifully written and surprisingly in-character. I really loved this one; it's very high quality and I recommend it to everyone who is a fan of either Mokuba or Seto Kaiba. :)
aurdox chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
This was a really good story. I enjoyed reading it, and I thought it was very accurate. Granted, we never really see Seto's soft side, but then, in our moments of "solitude" we tend to let barriers down.

In the English anime Mokuba is 13 and in the Japanese he's 10.
Setep Ka Tawy chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
!

Ok, first I just have to make one thing clear - this is the most emotional fanfic I can ever recall reading. And I am not the kind of person who shows emotion when I read. But seriously, I could feel my eyes getting moist. *is in awed shock*

This was amazing. Just AMAZING. I loved the contrast between the simplicity of the story and the graceful, complex nuances of the actual writing. You managed to convey a sense of stillness and the slow passing of moments without being repetitive or dragging things out unnecessarily - each new sentence was another intense piece of Mokuba's thoughts that just made me want to keep reading.

I visualize this story as a soft yet harsh blend of dark colors - blues, grays, blacks - that are drawn from the nighttime setting. And yet from out of these shadows come vivid flashes of color - thoughts, memories, words - all evocative, all poignant.

The parts that struck me most deeply - I don't know whether this is odd or not - were the sixth and seventh paragraphs about Seto's hand. It's so true - his hands are his most expressive feature, and I love how you included that revelation.

As for the ending, I can only say this - pure, simple genius.

Once again, amazing job. I'm off to look at more of your stories!
knightsintodreams chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
wow...

this was so incredibly well written :O you're amazing, wow...

i'm a lurker here on FanFic, for a long long time, this is the first time i've ever been compelled to review o

it would almost be a sin to read something like this and not respond. to take without giving.

i actually have no idea what the date on this is, or when you wrote it, if you're still writing. but i hope you are, and i can only imagine your talent increasing! well done, i mean that, i do o

sorry to sound all wishy0washy, but this was really good
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
D: Aw, Seto...and aw, Mokuba...