Reviews for Change of direction
iconofcoolness chapter 4 . 4/1/2007
I know you told me this story was on hiatus, and while it may be true that I know it's because of all the other work your doing on other stuff and stories, I still can't help but to believe that you will have to finish it one of these days. It's far too good to let go of. Besides, you wouldn't want to piss off the wonderful beta now would you. LOL! You know, it only now truly hit me after our conversation today that I can hold that over your head. Much like in the movie Battlefield Earth...I have leverage. Sorry, I couldn't help myself from seeing the humor in the whole thing, but the story really is fantastic and must be finished. Talk to you soon. PEACE!
Praetorian of Ruin chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
You have been chosen as a recipient for a flame from the SOPAFWCS (Society of People Against Flamers Who Can’t Spell).

You are receiving this honor because you have left one or more flames in which you misspelled words. We have been brought in to eradicate this growing epidemic of stupid people who think they can flame.

We implore you to utilize the dictionary and/or the appropriate spellcheck program on your computer. We also implore you to stop making a fool of yourself.

If you continue to flame with such stupidity as to ridicule authors while you cannot spell basic words yourself, drastic action will be taken against you.

That is all.

-SOPAFWCS
demondeansgirl666 chapter 4 . 12/17/2006
holy shit...messed up muchness...i love it though
demondeansgirl666 chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
really good...fuckin kick ass actually...i love it
FemmePhantom chapter 4 . 12/7/2006
I hope you don't end it like that, I'd really like to see what happens next.
Kayla McGowan chapter 4 . 11/17/2006
Tess intrigues me. We have our answer on who has been teaching Jack those rather interesting fighting skills no? Nice tid bit of info on the murder of Jack's father.

Couldn’t help but love the whole argument scene between Riddick and Tess over who was responsible for the damage. That was class. That fight surely will be motivating enough to get Riddick to get back into the game.
Thug-4-Less chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
Damn, you really know how to did a deep rabbit hole there, Swifty.

I like the new character, she kicks major ass, and the hygiene compulsion was a nice touch. I guess she's where Jack learned at least some of her skills.

I wonder if Riddick almost getting his ass handed to him will make him start getting back into getting his A-game back?

Keep 'em comin', Swifty.
iconofcoolness chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
You've caught my attention with this one. I think I've figured out what it is that I really like about you're stories so far. It's the fight scenes. It takes someone who's had some kind of martial arts, combat, or just plain street fighting to understand the complexities of emotion, physical conditioning, autonomous reactions, and experience needed to really truly describe a fight scene simply and yet so descriptively. I'm not saying that fight scenes are the only thing I like about them, because in truth I think every aspect of your writing reflects a true talent, and I for one, as good a writer as I like to think of myself, feel that I am justified in telling you that it would be quite a shame if you were to ever stop writing, and that the world would be a lot less entertaining because of it. PEACE!
Kayla McGowan chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Trouble seems to follow Riddick around like a bad smell. Hm...I'm really enjoying this and I like this take on the development of Jack's character.
Kayla McGowan chapter 2 . 11/8/2006
Due to a major lack of sleep I have to actually stop reading here with a promise to read the rest later. What if have read so far is very very good.

You've left some interesting openings for plot in Jack's back story and I couldn't help but like the idea that her bounty is a few million over Riddick's.

The pace is brilliant, the fight scenes superb...there is real quality here!
Thug-4-Less chapter 3 . 11/7/2006
Omega, kid, huh? That's an interesting concept. And what kind of bad mother can get the drop on Riddick? Oh, things are getting interesting now.

The story's looking a lot cleaner.

Good work.

Keep 'em coming.
Tinca chapter 3 . 11/7/2006
hey there!

i really love the whole idea of your story, especially the 'Omega kid' thing as you call it. reminds me a little of the serial Dark Angel, with which i was kind of obsessed with ;)

another point i like very much is that you are actually one of the authors who try to keep it platonic, for a while at least, because i'm starting to hate it when they just hop in bet together without any reason nor explanation...it's kind of tiresome...

therefore it gives your story real quality, i just can't say enough how great i think it is:)

I have to admit though, that the grammar and spelling bugs me a bit. Although it doesn’t disturb the reading or something, i just personally need to improve me english for school (i’m from germany) and reading interesting, correct stories is the best method i believe :)

So I’d really appreciate It, if you’d look out a bit more for the mistakes :)

Hugs, Tinca
Thug-4-Less chapter 2 . 11/2/2006
Very nice. The fights were magnificently written. Grammar, punctuation and spelling improved noticeably.

I'm also very curious as to how exactly she got so good, so fast, without Iman having the slightest idea. Did she not enroll in any kind of school or is the fact that she's some kind of computer genius mean she really didn't need it? Who taught her her combat skills? I'm sure you'll address this stuff but I thought I'd throw the reminder out there.

Keep 'em comin', Swifty.
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
I like the idea of pushing the platonic thing as far as you can, but I always get a little icky with Jack/Riddick pairings. He has to be over ten years older than she is after all and if they spend alot of time together while she's growing up that just seems kind of pseudo-incestuous. But that's neither here nor there.

The story itself reads very nicely. Punctuation, grammar, etc. needs a little work but I'll excuse it as I know you're just a big old mess at the moment, Swifty. Jack's backstory's looking pretty solid and ripe with all kinds of possibilties for the direction this story could take.

All in all, it has serious potential, and I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Keep 'em coming.
blondevor chapter 2 . 10/25/2006
Really digging this story, your characterization of a grown Jack - can't wait to see where you take it.

Keep it coming!