Reviews for amuse bouche
Mooncow33 chapter 1 . 2/16
Just wanted to let you know that this and blueprints are swapped in the wrong order in the collected cat tails book 4 ePub on the cat tails website.
Luc Star chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Just dropped in to let you know that I've read it... and I've loved it. Take care Dee, and as always, keep up the great work. Now, I'm going to go and play catch up with all your fics I've missed out on. Later.
DarkBat chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
So entertaining...
Catfan chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
You're stories are SO funny! I love this one! You rule!
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Poor Dr. Bart :-p. Being a fan of the foodnetwork myself...he sure looked like he was having a fun time. I loved all the moments he and Raven shared. I really hope you fix their food-based relationship eventually. This was a great segueway into "The New Black." Great job on the dialogue and characterizations as always. They're always spot on. Have a great Thxgiving!
Amarin Rose chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Poor Bart. Poor Raven. And Joker thinking Harley is crazy... *snicker*
batfan7 chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Poor Dr. Bart. I suspect that'll be the last of his happy, relaxing time with Raven. I loved that scene with Batman in the Watchtower. Seeing him manipulate so many people was just hilarious. I have to be careful not to laugh out loud since I read this at work! :-P
Kayasuri-n chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
I feel so sorry for poor Bartholomew. I really, really hope he manages to keep up a relationship with Raven... they were getting along so nicely. Then Joker had to ruin it for him.

Y'know, I'd have thought that Joker would have liked the name Psycho McHappyPants...
TravisBickle chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Well well well - a Cat Tales one shot. And a very enjoyable one it was too!

I think I've mentioned this before in a prior review, but one of the things I love about this series is the food. Many's the time I've been desperately tempted to fire off some paper copies of the story and cram them unceremoniously into my mouth in the vague hope that it will be as delicious as the words themselves.

Another thing I love - the details. One such example, which probably won't mean anything to anyone other than me is as follows:

"..:: Hey, ::.. came the (typically) informal greeting."

The aside (in this case bracketed) is a deft touch, one that to my mind is the mark of good writing. It's the type of writing that won't hit you with a sledgehammer to make its point, writing that I strongly suggest is read slowly and carefully to get the most from it.

Another example of details - the angry sex. Refined (and ultimately prudish) Englishman that I am, I wasn't quite sure how to react when I read about the heat that's generated during Spandex on Spandex action, or for that matter the roughness of Bruce's conquest. However, Catwoman's aside that she quite enjoys it occasionally reminded me that the writer is one who I can trust with my sensibilities - as usual, the Selina depiction seems to be spot on, the enjoyment of the somewhat violent act indicative of the depth of character she has. It would have been very easy to make a crass Feminist criticism in that passage, or perhaps even have a passive Selina blindly enjoying being dominated by the superior alpha male. But no. This is writing for grown-ups, and in that brief insight into Selina's mind the writer rises spectacularly above all such pedantery.

Goodness me - a Veritable Parliament of Fowls present in this story! We had Penguins, Doves, Ravens, Cuckoos (and their nests). I don't know if this is intentional or not, but its very interesting that the supporting characters should be given Bird associations when the Protagonist is a Cat... Perhaps this says a lot about their relationships! (Look at me going all Dr. Bart...)

And on the subject of Leland - don't give that man sympathy, give him a medal. Filling the hapless long suffering shoes left by Harvey Dent's recent apparent descent into happiness (I don't think it will last), the Doc is an excellent addition to the cast (in the sense of his being fleshed out more). As is Raven, a character I'm really beginning to like. I hope it works out for them - as with Sly, I really root for the 'Normals' and hope things go well for them.

There was also a strong compliment of funny moments too. "Cobble-kwak-pot!" - That's a cheeky play on words, isn't it? ;) I also love the idea of the RatRace-esque escape sweepstake, as I enjoy Jack's scientific reappraisal of the Chicken and the Road joke. Let's hope he doesn't apply such forethought to the Octopus Joke...

All in all, I enjoyed this story a lot. The characterisation was very strong, and the nuance of the writing set it apart from much of the Batman-tripe you see on the internet - or in the Newstands for that matter. Good stuff.
t wrecks chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
I love the way you can flesh out these side characters and make them more than plot devices, I love some of your OC and it is difficult to tell which ones are OC. You have made them all your own
notwritinganym0re chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Oh Leland. Poor, tragic, regretful Leland. I love how you flesh all these characters out, not just the ones we all know, but characters that have throwaway lives or could have been a cheap quip. Oh poor, poor Leland.

I would have reviewed sooner, but this line: "Most stations wouldn’t, but the FOX affiliate showed the bodies." kept throwing me into stitches of laughter :)
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
... oh my.

This was yet another story when my roommate wondered just what I was reading that made me laugh so hard. This fits the title very, very well- all that tease and not nearly enough to keep a girl from wanting more.

Loved it, again.
ussentinel chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
Oh. My. God. Now for the comic-geek in me, I was beyond crazed how you mentioned/used both Kiteman and the Getaway Genius. That was brilliant! There was a lot going on here; it felt like a longer read, but as this was as stand-alone, I guess that's understandable. Clever title; loved that. I also liked giving some of the ... well, "background" characters their moments too. ("Background" is a bit too harsh, but I hope you know what I mean.) I love how you explore the relationship with the cast and the dynamic you have with them. Amazing! THANK YOU!