Reviews for Grass Widow
Glory Bee chapter 5 . 4/29/2012
This last chapter was very precious and how fitting that Celebrian ended up at Elwing's tower. :)
Glory Bee chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
I am really enjoying this. :) I am so happy that you are incorporating Finrod and Amarie's love story in this tale of Celebrian in Valinor, it is delightful to see her warm welcome from her grandmother Earwen and witness her healing manifesting itself.
Natalie chapter 5 . 11/8/2007
Awesome story!

It was nice to read a "woman's" tale.

R u going to write a sequel?
geek-chick chapter 5 . 11/27/2006
Aw, what a sweet ending! I really liked this story, I can tell you put a lot of thought into it, and you always had a good balance of sweetness and sadness. You did a great job handling Celebrian's different reactions/relations to different people, it was all very believable!
Ellfine chapter 5 . 11/26/2006
This is wonderful little story. I love the way you have ended it with the friendship that has developed and new purpose for each of them. Wonderful tale, and won't Elrond be surprised when he finally sails?
Annamariah chapter 5 . 11/26/2006
A wonderful story. :)
Lillian C1 chapter 5 . 11/24/2006
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. I enjoyed it very much. I'd love to see your skills applied to another Silmarillion story in the future!
geek-chick chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
Yay, another bit of suspense at the ending ;)

Another lovely chapter, as usual. You did a great job describing everyone's different reactions to Celebrian's announcement that she was leaving. While I can understand why she'd want to live alone so she could be productive, I do wonder how happy she truly will be alone (assuming she doesn't find anyone in the tower to hang out with) - in Imladris, she prided herself on providing food and clothing for her family, not just for her... but either way, I am enjoying this story and am interested to see where you are taking it! :)
Ellfine chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
I am thoroughly enjoying this tale. This one line struck me in particular though I cannot say why:

"Looking at it now, Celebrían felt as if the lands she had known in Middle-earth were but copies of the lands west of the Sea."

The grief at her parting was palpable. What a wonderful story. I look forward to each update!
Annamariah chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
I think I can take a guess as to who lives at the tower...Elwing, perhaps? ;)

Now if it is not her, I shall feel a bit foolish!
Blodeuedd chapter 3 . 11/15/2006
I'm on my way out the door at the moment, so this will be short.

But basically, I'm so - forgive the word - psyched to see what will happen next! Exploring Aman should be an interesting experience, to say the least. :)

Until next time!

Blodeuedd
geek-chick chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Yay, I love the frequent updates! :)

Lovely chapter, just like the first two... I think you did a good job of describing her time in Tirion without summarizing it too much, or without dragging it on for too long. I am curious to see where Celebrian goes next though...
Annamariah chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Updates, yay! :D

I'm glad you have put Anaire (ahh...I cannot get the accents over the e ;) ) into the story. She and Celebrian can relate quite well.
geek-chick chapter 2 . 11/6/2006
Excellent story! I don't have much to add that the other reviewers haven't already said, but I do agree this is a lovely story! I also love the idea of Finrod and Amarie finally getting married after so many years!
Blodeuedd chapter 2 . 11/2/2006
Another engrossing chapter. Might I add, your length and pacing is impeccable; I'm never bored or completely befuddled by this story.

You did a wonderful job of establishing the dynamics between the women in this chapter - I loved reading the dialogue between Earwen, Amarie, and Celebrian.

This story has done nothing but make me smile from the get-go. Granted, sometimes that smile trembles a little when Celebrian's family in Middle-Earth comes up or when talk of marriages arises, but even then I'm fairly happy through my sentimentality. I'm very curious though, to see what complications are going to arise - and what forms they will come in. I have a number of ideas, but am too shy to voice them; I have no idea what you have in store for us next!

Keep writing, please!