Reviews for The Long Goodbye
Northface chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
Of course John ignores the doctor's recommendations. Of course he's going to go off and do his own thing. *rolls eyes at John*

"Sam remained silent. He’d stopped believing John’s promises long ago, sometime between the second broken bone and the third missed dance." I love that line! Looking forward to the next chapter!
snlover chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
Alheimer's? Oh that will be so sad. And I like John too.

Um question though, what about Sam's leg? Wasn't it hurt in the other chapter? It just bugs me when a writer hurts a character and then seems to forget about it. he he. Forget. Alheimzers? Funny.
angel679 chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
I had a feeling this was where you were headed. I somehow dont think that John will want to slowly die that way not only will it be something he would be scared of he wouldnt want the boys to see him like that either. Im worried about how the boys will deal with what he does. Cant wait for the next chapter.
JJ Phoenix chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
God, this is going to be so hard on both of them for so many reasons. Sam will no doubt feel guilty as hell for all the time spent fighting, and Dean had this image of his father that just completely shattered in a matter of seconds.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the angst that's to come. :)

JJ
carocali chapter 5 . 11/7/2006
Alzheimers? Wow! That's actually a cruel fate on many levels. Hopefully he'll remember the good things with Sam and Dean and not focus on the bad. Very interesting story...

:D

Caroline
Riana1 chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
A mouthwatering way to start a story. This will be good.
merryw chapter 4 . 11/6/2006
What an excellent chapter! It was off the angst-o-meter scale! Seriously, it was very well done and very exciting!

Good going on Sam's part to think of the newspaper! What a painful experience for him to hear all of that out of his father's mouth after again after all that time! Sam really needed to hear Dean's support "If he goes, I go." Hopefully that registered with him.
Ridley C. James chapter 4 . 11/5/2006
Wow,

This was just heartbreaking to read. The picture painted so vivid and real. I love the imagery, and the fact that Dean had a moment to change something he had only 'done in nightmares'. That was so poignant. As always, I love the strong Sam you project with just a touch of that innocense and boy we love. You do him such justice. I can't wait for more,

Ridley
Alachai chapter 4 . 11/5/2006
This chapter was wonderful, and yet again, intense. Every emotion, Sam's fear and confusion to John's anger - always written perfectly. I have to admit, I'm a John's girl, and you got me to be mad at him, then by the end where he admitted help-

Anyway, wonderful chapter!

-Andrea
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Very tense and well written.

Poor Dean caught in the middle again, trying to get through to his father and get Sam to stop yelling too. Always stressful when the college issue is brought up. (Are you using the 4 yr college storyline, instead of Kripke's 2 yr from the show? Must be since you said 2001.)

I liked that Dean told John he would leave with Sam, but things are different than when Sam left for college, as Sam is not going to leave Dean again.

It was nice that John would listen to Sam for a moment and finally realized that something is wrong with him.

Good job with your story.

Thanks for the update and take care.
JJ Phoenix chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
VERY intense! The cold, the pain, the confusion, the fear...I could feel it all! John admitting he needed help...that has GOT to be unnerving. Can't wait for the diagnosis!

JJ
Dollar Short chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Wounded Sam and a nice, angsty fight, always enjoyable!
Ghostwriter chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Very interesting. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
angel679 chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Better take care of Sams leg while your at it before he has to have it loped off. Cant wait for the next chapter and Im glad Dean said if Sam went he was leaving too this time.
KatieLB chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Another really good intense chapter... very well written. Its one of those moments you want to hit rewind so its not really happening. great job and update soon
233 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »