Reviews for The Long Goodbye
delete-account-please 5708615 chapter 10 . 5/22/2014
Amazing story sorry this story came to an end.
delete-account-please 5698950 chapter 10 . 5/4/2014
Cool story I'm sad it is over it was really great.
delete-account-please 5667167 chapter 10 . 4/24/2014
A very terrific story so sorry to see it end.
delete-account-please 5424271 chapter 10 . 2/9/2014
Awesome story it was so good did not want to stop reading it but I had to cause it was over.
delete-account-please 5237847 chapter 10 . 1/8/2014
This was a fantastic story couldn’t stop reading it really did like it is sad it is over.
delete-account-please 5149757 chapter 10 . 10/18/2013
really great story it was very good so sad it over because it was really good couldn’t stop reading it.
hyeonny chapter 10 . 7/10/2013
That was so damn sad.
delete-account-please 4171342 chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
This story was great liked it a lot
SeaKat chapter 10 . 1/4/2011
I stumbled across this and I'm so glad I did. You made me cry. I worked in a hospice for a while and two of my patients had Alzheimers. Reading this brought back all of the emotions and wow. I'm just in awe.. Great story.
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 10 . 8/11/2010
this was a great story.
ziggy.uk chapter 10 . 11/13/2009
What an awesome, emotional story Emily and what fantastic writing, so sad but so true to life. You paced the story so well, each chapter my heart broke a little more as John lost a little more of himself and the boys saw the man their father was disappear. You got Sam and Dean perfectly in this and their characters rang true throughout, with their emotions and their reactions.

I apologise for reviewing this in one hit as it deserved to be reviewed chapter by chapter but it is past 2am in the morning and I wanted to finish the story.

As I said before, fantastic writing, you painted such a vivid picture with your words. I so love your work, evening though I'm catching most of it years after you wrote it!
psquare chapter 10 . 4/23/2009
Painful, poignant and wonderfully written. Kudos to you for writing such a brave tale.

Possibly the saddest story I've read in this fandom (and that's saying something) and it was a quiet kind of sadness that built layer upon layer, with every chapter, every bit worse that John got with the illness.

Excellent stuff.

Take care, and keep writing!
Momy2ElmoFriend2 chapter 10 . 4/8/2009
Ok wow, I cried alot on that one, that was one h ll of a story. Very emotional.
Sylvie91 chapter 10 . 2/12/2009
Wow, this story was really touching. I started reading this as I was going on a mock trial trip. I had tears in my eyes at the end. It was sad how someone as "larger than life" like John Winchester, succumb to the Alzheimer's.

This disease has touched a relative of mine. I heard stories of what he used to be back in the day and it is hard to believe that is a former shadow of himself. This story is a true gem.
Eiseman04 chapter 10 . 8/16/2007
Just wanted to tell you how brilliant this story is; I can't even begin to tell you how touching and heart wrenching it is. I had a Grandmother who suffered from Alzhimer's and you explained everything in such detail. You nailed everything spot on. Both of the boy's suffering couldn't have been conveyed any better. Dean's anger at the injustice of it all and Sam's helplessness was just so brilliantly executed in this story.

I love your writing and can't get enough of your stories. Keep up the great work!
233 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »