Reviews for The Long Goodbye
Alachai chapter 10 . 12/2/2006
(sigh) This story was so beautifully written, and so incredible! The last few areas of this chapter reminded me so much of watching my own mother in the hospital…You can feel and see the boys hurt – although there was a point, in the beginning where I did want to slap Dr. Stevens, even though I know he was working for what’s best ;) Ah well…

I hope you write more soon.

- Andrea
JazzyIrish chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
Thank you for sharing this incredible story with us. I didn't know if I'd be able to finish it, but I did - through tears of course. My mom had Alzheimer's, and although she died of another illness, I know what this feels like. She didn't even know who I was. So this was hard for me. You are a fabulous writer who knows how to put difficult emotions into words that make the reader feel them. Your ending was so very touching and gives us a little insight into the hard emotions driving our boys this season. Thanks again for sharing. Looking forward to more of your fabulous work.
Tidia chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
I didn't know if I could do it, but I did. Heartbreaking. Incredibly researched and well thought out

Tidia
pandora jazz chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
You did a good job with your story.

I like your use of therapy dogs.

Maybe if the brothers could of had a chance to say goodby in this season to their father, the episodes would not be so depressing.

Your ending was good and you were right, not as depressing as your other story. There was hope, the brothers were still together and they were able be there for their father.

But my mind must be tired, didn't understand the last two paragraphs, sorry.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
friendly chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
that was an awesome story... great job...
Windyfontaine chapter 10 . 11/30/2006
Sigh. Damn, you write with such attention to detail, I could picture every scene clearly. Too many scenes to mention, just one is the raindrops shaking off them. I did say this was so well written right? And trying not to cry here. And John finally at rest next to Mary was the only right thing to do. And the brothers walk away at the end, together. It was a great ending to a sad but good, incredibly realistic story. I am glad I read it to the end. Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent, and I look forward to the other stories that you mentioned. There's probably a million more superlatives I could use, but my mind is numb at the moment. Just-very very very wel done. Have a wonderful week :)
Windyfontaine chapter 9 . 11/30/2006
Getting really sad, but Sam is the strong one, facing the harsh realities. It's a difficult decision to come to, my mom had to go through it, but you do what you gotta do. This whole story has been so well written, and I know I'm going to sob when I read the next chapter, which I now see is the last, but now I have to finish this. Great job.
Windyfontaine chapter 8 . 11/30/2006
Aw, just getting the chance to read and catch up, so sorry it took me so long, but this was so good. At least Dean finally got to hear what he's needed to hear for years. And Sam just wasn't able to handle it right then was so understandable. Wonderful job.
carocali chapter 10 . 11/29/2006
Well, I have to be totally honest with you. I had a hard time reading this - and it's simply because you portrayed this illness so accurately. While my mother did not die of Alzheimers, she did pass from cancer that had many of these same steps. I wasn't sure if I could get through this, and I found I had to skim sometimes because it was difficult.

Let me emphasize this is a total testiment to your writing ability!

There have been a few chapter stories that have dealt with death in this prolonged way - for each of the boys - and I find them all difficult to read. I am also approaching mom's anniversary, so that doesn't help either.

You really did a wonderful job with the emotions of this and you had me in your palm. You made me continue to read when i really wasn't sure I could.

I always enjoy your stories, but this was an emotional rollercoaster. You do it very well, young lady and you should be proud of your work!

Caroline
papered chapter 10 . 11/29/2006
Gorgeously tragical.
shmrck14 chapter 10 . 11/29/2006
Great story, very well written, very much in character for all the Winchesters...and the pain for Sam and Dean is so real. I don't speak from personal experience, but I did a research paper on famaily caregivers of Alzheimer's patients and the toll it takes on them in college
angel679 chapter 10 . 11/28/2006
This was so sad. I know it must have been so hard for the boys and each in their own way and for different reasons. I really liked the fact that you had Dean reading even if it was a strange book. To have him slip away like that had to be torture. Glad they took him home to be with Mary that was so sweet and sad. Loved the story.
IheartPadalecki chapter 10 . 11/28/2006
Ooh that was a sad story. But well written.
Ridley C. James chapter 10 . 11/28/2006
I've never known anyone personally who suffered from this horrible, life-stealing ailment, but I imagine that you have captured it perfectly. I know when I work with patients and their families and the person is no longer the person the family remembers or wants them to be, I some how think that is worse than death. Because it leaves room for anger and resentment and guilt and doesn't allow time for healing or closure. It's a loss upon loss. The person's essence being sucked away, while this illusion of them is still tangible-often giving false hope that someday they will come back. Oftne times, like in this story, they never come back. We lose them quietly, one piece at a time. You wrote this in such a realistic way-no sugar coating, no make believe sunshine. You used characters we loved and allowed us to see a real everyday pain through their eyes, and it was heartbreaking and made so much more real because we do 'know' them in a sense. I for one have more empathy now for those who go through this. As always the imagery and the characterizations were beautiful, and I'm so touched by your talent. Thank you for sharing this very special story.-Ridley
whoaaitsmichele chapter 10 . 11/28/2006
I'm crying.

Great fanfiction even if it was really sad and made me cry. lol
215 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »