Reviews for The King and the Whore
Greensleeves the Great chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I really liked this- it's very well thought out, & really feels like what Hephaestion's thoughts would be in this situation.

I have to say that I have not actually seen the movie Alexander, and instead hang around this fandom because it's about Alexander the Great. I have, however, read Mary Renault's book The Persian Boy, which is pretty much the story of Alexander told in Bagoas's first-person narration. So I have to say that I don't agree with your depiction of Bagoas as a conniving little snake. I recommend the book to you- it's extremely well interesting, very vivid, and the most heartbreaking scene is Alexander's grief at Hephaestion's death.

But I guess if you don't like Bagoas, it's not the book for you.

I really enjoyed reading your story & hope you'll continue to write in this fandom (make Bagoas a more sympathetic character? please?).
tsuhiyo chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
This is great! REALLY great...I love your style, I love your plot and I love the pain I felt in this...and the joy! _ Thanks!
ColinFarrellismybtch chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Wonderfully written. Managed to show the love between the two without reverting to tasteless hard core sex to get the point across. Nicely used dialogue to get into the character of Hephiastion, particularly in the end descriptions really conveyed his love.

Well done
anberzen chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
very cute.
angstman chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
WOW... i love this story. It is very beautiful writing and very touching. I like how you portray what Hephiastion's feel and how he confront those jest he recieve for being Alexander's lover. I also like Alexander who admit how annoying with Hephaistion's reaction toward his touch and how he said that he would kill whoever denounce Hephaistion because they promise to conquer the world together not with hephaistion a step behind. I really really enjoy this story... Thank you very much for writing and sharing this story.
SONGNATASHA chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
The story is brilliant, really make my heart aching. Wish to read more about your fictions, they are all amazing!
Baliansword chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Another great story. I will work on the formatting for you Monday, since I'll be away all weekend.

Baliansword
Arlad chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
I loved this! It was so sensitive, so beautiful... you capture the complexities of Hephaestion's character so well... I especially loved the very end. Hephaestion was probably the only one who was ever able to look at Alexander like that, to call him 'his' Alexander. :)
Yolass chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
I enjoy very much reading Hephaistion as the strong man he must have been. Who wouldn't love him above all? Well done!