Reviews for Masquerade
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
yay!

angst! i love it! *wild applause*

personally, I think Leroux!Erik is more sophisticated (though mad, yes...), but I liked how you manipulated the raw edge that 2004 movie Erik had with this little oneshot (I don't know if that's just me who noticed that...).

so, though not nearly as poetic and tragically romantic as some of your other work that I've read, say, Night Whispers (when on EARTH are you going to update, my dear?), I liked this, and the emotion was very nice. I also liked the mask premise...I daresay you've read that one poem of phantomjedi's that deals with this same topic?

keep up the marvelous work as I continue to poke around your profile...

warm regards,

dark-hearted rose
10010010011 chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
Great conflict here, very interesting way for him to look at things, especially right after Christine's left...almost as though he's trying to find anyone other than himself to blame for what happened.
KyrieofAccender chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
AWESOMENESS! An Erik soliloquy. A rant at his mask. How utterly... Erik.

You captured that line from the play perfectly: "Masquerade, paper faces on parade, masquerade, hide your face so the world will never find you." You're completely right - we all wear masks, don't we?

Oh, and I completely forgot - congratulations on Region Choir! That's the one thing that my spring-loaded arm has not led me into auditioning for - we have to sight-read for ours. Tonal memory I could do, but straight sight reading? Forget it!

Ahem. Excellent one-shot!

~Kyrie
MusicOfTheNight11 chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
That is so genius! It's a little emotional for the Phantom, but it fits so good.

I love this: "If life is a masquerade, there must be a true form behind all the masks we wear."

That's so pure, and you can feel what the Phantom's feeling. Amazing.
Count Rabbit chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
I am feeling so sorry for poor Erik right now...

Great job in describing his feelings!
ZAPBETH chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Wow. Very intense. You captured the emotion beautifully.
fresh neon paint chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
that was CRAAZZYY! i liked it.
Magical Who chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Wow! that was so good!
Agas Spenjahgra VII chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
?

I'm as confused and questions the number of the question marks I put up there sprung up. Don't bother to answer anything. I like it, in the confused way.
Phemale chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I quite liked this story. You have a fantastic vocabulary, a rare trait in a fanfic writer, and you accurately portrayed Erik's inner suffering. It's very plausible that he would vent his blame onto his mask rather than on himself. I especially like the line:

"This frivolous little vanity play, this pointless little show. Who are we performing for?"

Next time, I would suggest that you use italics instead of caps lock to stress words.
LittleLottexoxEriksTrueAngel chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
that was great
Freetrader chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Wow, that was so deep! I love the way you've captured his frustration!