Reviews for Phoenix Burning
kurushi chapter 24 . 5/26
I just wanted to say, I really enjoyed reading this. I don't have many other words, but this was a good solid read and you made me feel so many things for the characters, you took my breath away. It's one I want to come back and re-read in the future.
This was amazing!
In the show, I was always felt Buffy/Angel was jinda weird and fake and didnt seem quite right. This was just RIGHT in all ways. I kept expecting her to wake up in her coffin, cause she was just so happy it could be heaven. I enjoyed this so much
alh1971 chapter 24 . 4/12
Great story, well written and thought out. As a Spuffy shipper, the fate of William was tough to read but I very much enjoyed Buffy and Angel's happy ending.
alh1971 chapter 10 . 4/12
The reveal of Spike's fate was a physical blow-my heart actually ached and stomach twisted. : (
FlyingShoes chapter 9 . 12/6/2014
I want you to know, that I haven't laughed out loud at a fanfiction story in a really long time, but I lost it at the "Neitzche" line. Much like the rest of this story, brilliant.
A reader chapter 24 . 8/16/2014
A GREAT story-so creative and well-written. I loved every word! 5 stars!
Proffy chapter 24 . 7/25/2014
Okay, i know you probably heard this a million times, but this is truly a work of art. I almost didn't read this because there was no Buffy and Angel pairing, but boy am i glad i did. The story is so well written, the caracters are true to their nature and the new ones are just amazing. Everything about it, even Buffy's dreams are so real it could be in the show. It's just perfect and i almost can't get enough. I want them to make a movie or a tv show out of this. That's how perfect it is. And now there's gonna be a void in my life because i finished it... Seriously, you are truly talented. Congrats on an amazing story! It definitely deserved all the awards you described and more.
CuppaTea13 chapter 24 . 3/26/2014
You are beautiful. This. Was gorgeous. I just...loved every inch of it. Every line. I just. Angel- the stake- the Mohra blood- OH MY GOD AND SUMIKO! I wish she was in the actual tv show because SHE IS JUST MY NEW FAVORITE PERSON! Seriously. And then she says a line like this:
"“The only time I was tempted was when you were having such difficulty, early on." Sumiko's expression was kind. "Before you found Angel again, I was afraid for you. Another few days, and I would have spoken, to find out how desperate your circumstances truly were."." And I just can't handle how much I love her. She's smart, funny, amazing, oh god I want to be her.
And Buffy. Totally got herself together. She's got this handled. Sure, she may be freaking out on the inside but my god. Angel's human and she's taking down the Council and let us just appreciate Buffy. And how funny she is, too!
""I understand, Agatha," Buffy said. "You didn't know. They tried to keep you from knowing."
"They did the same to you," Agatha said. "And yet you knew."
"Yeah, but I'm paranoid and deceitful that way," Buffy said." Buffy- I adore your mischievous streak. Maybe you hung out with Spike too much, but who cares?! It's fabulous!
And Angel- the creator of much swooning.
""You know, this is how I remembered you."
"As a bloodstained crazy woman with a stake in her hand?" Buffy laughed. "Sadly, this would not surprise me."
"No," he said. "That's not what I meant at all." Buffy felt a sudden flush of understanding and pride, and she beamed up at him."
Just...ugh. That's all I'm capable of at this point.
This was fantastic. I laughed, I cried, I found myself in a moral quandary, I met new characters some of whom I feel in love with and some I hated at first sight and some broke my heart when I realized they weren't what I thought. And some just plan broke my heart because they were exactly what I thought and I wanted to hug them and fix all their problems. Beautiful. Beautifully done.
CuppaTea13 chapter 10 . 3/26/2014
Can I tell you that you're killing me? Oh my god. No- this whole chapter was amazing but I'm stuck on the Spike bit. I adore Spike. He's hysterical and I love him even though his Buffy obsession was major creepy until he got all soulful and then it was just...I don't even have words. Regardless.
"“We were both sick with grief, and furious with each other. We had some battles royal about you. But as time went on - sometimes he just wanted to talk about you. Sometimes I did too. We'd call truce, meet up, get drunk and sentimental about your smile. We were pathetic, and we knew it. Didn't stop us." Angel laughed ruefully. "Of course, after he became a danger again, there was no more of that. Until the night before he died. They wouldn't let me in to see him, but they let us speak."
"Over the phone," Buffy said quietly.
"Right. And we talked about you then. I don't know what else was in Spike's twisted heart, Buffy, but you were still a part of him, all that time later. We talked about you that one last time. We argued about the color of your eyes."."
Oh. My. God. Rip my heart out why don't you? I'm crying. Spike's dead and I'm crying.
But let's not forget why I shamelessly ship Buffy with Angel. It's because of lines like this:
""Why? Why didn't you want him dead?"
"He was - a part of my history," Angel said. After a pause, he added, "He was the last person who remembered you."."
Just...I can't...ugh.
CuppaTea13 chapter 15 . 3/26/2014
Ok. Let me just say. I adore this. Seriously. Adore. There are so many things I'd like to say but I'll try to limit myself. Firstly- Buffy is always wonderful. Even when she's not perfect she is. It's just wonderful. And you're doing such a great job portraying her. Secondly, this is a pretty heartbreaking story in some respects but you seriously have me laughing as well. That whole "Angel looked furious. “You have great breasts,” he muttered. “I remember that very clearly.”
“You forget my best friend, you remember my breasts,” she answered, rolling her eyes. “An undead man is still a man.”." Oh my god. Dying.
Speaking of dying:
"Buffy laughed as she looked over at a dazed Angel. “See?” she said. “They’ll clap a lot louder for the right things. You just can’t let the bad guys put on the better show. Should we take a bow?”
Angel smiled at her, a warm, open, utterly unguarded smile she’d never thought to see again. “No wonder I thought I dreamed you.”."
Let me just die now. I'm swooning. LITERALLY SWOONING! I cannot emphasize enough how much I love that last line. Just...oh my god. Words fail me.
So, all in all, I'd just like to say bravo and you are wonderful and oh my god and fangirling and aldfkdagihealigha ANGEL and "No wonder I thought I'd dreamed you." *swoons into a dead faint*
Susan chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
You have written a great story and I had read it years ago online I believe at your site. Today I am here and find it again. It's like seeing an old friend again. I am going to enjoy my re-read :) Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/18/2014
*sigh* I read your story four times now and I still think that your dystopian vision of the future, the writing of your own characters and the exciting storyline form one of the best stories here on this website. The only regret is that it should have been longer :)
Incog Ninja chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
This is probably the 20th time I've read this fic over the years. It's one of my favorite Buffy fics and overall fics of all time. Thanks for writing!
redriley2005 chapter 24 . 1/7/2014
Loved this. Thank you.
joellen818 chapter 24 . 12/29/2013
I love this! Going to thank my friend for sending me this! Amazing work!