Reviews for A Fine and Private Place
dailyalice chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Really lovely melancholy piece. Left me wanting more, even though the ending is kinda perfect as is.
Miyth chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Very good angst fic, I enjoyed it.

St-Jimmy1669 chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Brilliant, as ever. The House-Wilson dynamic is fascinating, and you manage to come up trumps each time - none of your fics ever seem clich├ęd or samey. Love it!

by the way, aren't those lines 'the grave's a fine and pleasant place/ but none I think do there embrace' from His Coy Mistress? Cool poem, that.
joe chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
It's great story!i enjoy reading the strong friendship bewteen house and wilson.
blackmare chapter 1 . 1/2/2007

I love, love, LOVE the scene in the morgue, House all concerned for Wilson and choosing to express it by whacking him in the leg. So very right for the character.

I've lost my Dad, far too young, and I so understand Wilson's not wanting it to be "official."

Not a false note in any of this. Thanks.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Aw, poor Wilson. I wonder from time to time about that missing brother of his, and this was a sad but good story to put an end to wondering. Nicely done.
AnonyMiss731 chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
No, oh that's not fair. There has to be more to this. It was to good to be over. Sequel? With some extra Wilouse, Please. *Gives puppy dog eyes and pout* I'm faving and alerting.

I love the way you wrote House. He was very genuine. The mood of this was great it was dark/angst but not overbaring. It had depth and at times was surreal. It had a strong reality to it.

Overall, I can say I truely loved it.
lusciousspike chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Wow. This was amazing. Funny, chilling, in character... I have more to say to thank you for this lovely read but I'm drawning a blank right now.. Will check your other fics!
Betz88 chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
You Still Da Man, Dog!

I read this story slowly in order to savor it. Sad, soul searching, breathtaking. Very real. The underlying love they have for each other is the very best part of HOUSE for me ... especially when House touched the small of Wilson's back there at the cemetary.

I got the feeling you were writing from what you know when you described Wilson's aura of sadness and not wanting to make his brother's death official. I share House's opinion that human rituals are stupid and useless. All of them. I lost a son a very long time ago, and there IS no closure! It just gets a little easier as time passes. You hit me where I live there, and I wondered if you had once lost someone as well.

Thank you for this story. Thank you. Thank you!

Garrideb chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Absolutely beautiful story - the descriptions, the ambiance, the characterization - it all came together perfectly. I'm going to be remembering this fic for a long time, I think.
Jazelle1996 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Wow...that was such an EMOTIONAL fic! Very well written and thought provoking. Nice to know House was civil with Wilson during his 'time of need.'
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Really moving House Wilson friendship piece . . . great job!

KidsNurse chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Amazing, wonderful, tragic, touching, chilling, warming. Incredible, and one of the few fics to ever make me cry. You've captured it all here; brava, and thank you.