Reviews for The Unforeseen Consequences of Sharing Lemon Ice
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
So great.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Ack, you've strangled my heart with your completely authentic Laurie voice! His yearning for Jo is so powerful and so pure that it takes my breath away. What a gorgeous piece.
cali-chan chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
jesus christ. as if your zutara and harry/hermione fics weren't enough, i HAD to go and find THIS. funnily enough, i didn't find it through your profile, i just started reading through the LW section and clicked on it. i only realized it was yours after i had already read it.

but anyway... MUST YOU BREAK MY HEART LIKE THIS? god. i'm left with this bittersweet "i'm so glad they loved each other/i hate that it didn't happen" feeling, the same one i feel when i read the book, when i watch the movie. if you can emulate that, that means you've done a fantastic job here. greatest heartbreak of my life, this is, and greatest heartbreak of laurie's life as well, i'm sure. i really like what you've done with him here, i think you really captured his voice and i can definitely see him thinking this way.

i quite like amy, and i like what she has with laurie, and i think he does love her very much- but one doesn't "get over" someone like jo march. it just doesn't happen. so i'm glad you've dealt with that issue, and so beautifully, too. i especially loved the distinction between "teddy" and "laurie," because i do that, myself. i've always had that idea in my mind, as well.

so anyway, great job, it's an amazing fic. i shall go to some corner and cry, now...
dream's sister chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
lemon ice...what a lovely idea! I was never quite sure what it was supposed to be that they were eating...but anyway, not the point of the review. I really liked this oneshot, which is unusual for this sort of Laurie perspective thing-there have been a couple of these sorts of stories where Laurie is narrating, and it obviously doesn't sound like alcott because she never writes in first person, and also because usually these fics just aren't supposed to copy alcott's style anyway. Usually, that bothers me, but there have been a few where it hasn't and i liked them anyway-and i must say this is one of those. Quite well done, all the lemon ice circumstances were really lovely and tied the whole thing together well.
XfallenstarO chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
OriginalBubble chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
You can't help little women can you? there's a sincerity that can evoke the machoest of men to be reduced to tears, thankyou for capturing some of that 3
ridiculous 123 chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
"Teddy and Jo”—nothing more than a wish and an idea and a friendship that was only that."

Oh my...You have certainly captured a side of Teddy(Laurie/Theodore, whatever you want to call him) that NO ONE does. I mean... This is the kid that was raised in Italy among artists. And YOU captured him.

"I’m not Teddy anymore, not really. Teddy was Theodore Lawrence with Jo; mere Laurie is him without her."

Mhm...all these good lines. they're soo good. Really, truly, dear!

Jo/Laurie. together, only in our minds - and it seems...Laurie's as well.

good job!
EcstasyOfSesshoumaru chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Yeah go ahead and make me cry why dont you! I have always been and Laurie-Jo shipper, I mean Professor Baer is wonderful but he just doesnt have the same connection that Jo and Laurie had.
flipptinkwell chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
This was... an amazing read. It wasn't too angsty, just enough to break my heart without over-exaggerating. I thought the repetition of the last line was quite powerful, and the whole thing was just beautifully written.
literaryfreak chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
"I just wanted you, Jo March."

My god, I think I just died and went to heaven. Lovely use of the lemon ice as a metaphor or symbol or whatnot, by the way.
Muriel Candytuft chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Aw. Poor Teddy. Alas, it was not meant to be. Like he said, it was only lemon ice. (Alcott, what were you thinking? Ugh!) Anyway. I really like the tone. It's poetic and wistful. Write more!

Stars Are Shining Brightly chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
This is a pretty Teddy-piece, but I must say that the title is too long...anyway, it goes to my favs.
Infinite-Endings chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
I really like this - very bittersweet in a good way. It's nice to read it from Laurie's POV. Fav part:

"I should “be a man”. But that’s hard when I only want to be yours. Harder when I remember that I never can ...'

thanks for sharing this.
Quirky Del chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Aw...poor, poor, dear Teddy! This really made me ache for him all over again! I really like how you built this around the lemon ice; that really worked well! I also loved this part:

"And when I miss you most, I wish so hard that I had never become Teddy. I’m not Teddy anymore, not really. Teddy was Theodore Lawrence with Jo; mere Laurie is him without her."

and this:

"Sometimes I get so lost in these reveries that I utterly forget to live; I’m that young man trapped in the curtained alcove again, and you’re on the outside, except this time you don’t stumble in. "

You did a lovely job setting the desolate mood. The paragraph about Amy and him hoping to catch glimpses of Jo through her...that was well realized. You did a nice job with this! : )

PS - Yes! More of us are writing Little Women stories! I'm well chuffed!
Lemon Larkspur chapter 1 . 10/28/2006

i liked that part...

oh my god! it's so sad. but it's well written and very poetic.

anyway, go Jo-Laurie! hehe...

two thumbs-up!