Reviews for No More Than a Means
Val chapter 14 . 7/9/2013
I enjoyed it enornously! And most of all, enjoyed the perfect logic of plot and things. You've displayed everything beautifully. Thanks a lot for this fic!
potatoe chapter 14 . 4/19/2013
Wow, a completed story with harry/sirius.
What can i say more than amazing? And i have seriously no idea why so few has posted a review when the story deserves it.
Love it.
Cynical0range chapter 14 . 4/17/2013
damn i was so hoping that sirius wouldn't really die like when harry didn't really die in canon (and no offense but i don't really see how this fic has anything to do with Prince Ivan and the Grey Wolf i mean sure hunting horcuxeshunting firebird and remusgrey wolf but still...if you hadn't mentioned that this was a fairytale prompt i wouldn't have even made the connection. and also i was trying to thinking of more parallels and it kind of struck me that siriushelen lol (despite the fact that harry is the bottom) if only sirius hadn't DIED. other than that TINY, LITTLE fact the fic was pretty awesome.
Baraqiel chapter 8 . 2/1/2013
Brilliant writing! But I am curious... If Snape remained a Death Eater and in league with Voldemort (which I take it is so, given that Harry giving him the cup and the locket stopped the Unbreakable Vow from killing him), then surely the fact that Snape killed Dumbledore would have resulted in Lucius Malfoy's death too (given the vow he made with Harry and that Dumbledore had not received treatment)? Which then, if Malfoy died, would have resulted in the vow Harry made with him obsolete? I haven't read on yet, however, so I am unsure whether you address this particular issue!

Brilliant fic though!
AlexisJames chapter 14 . 7/18/2012
I really liked the story. I still think it's sad how Sirius stayed dead in the end. Unlike the books and movies where Harry 'comes back to life'. But I liked it all the same. Thanks for taking the time to write it!
CharmingKarma chapter 14 . 12/1/2011
Oh man, everything I read by you just gets better and better! Honestly! I loved everything about this wonderous fic! From the first sentence to the last, you did a fantastic job! Thanks so much for putting your time and effort into this, and writing in general actually.
Rushingriver chapter 14 . 8/5/2011
I have to say, I was a bit thrown while reading this. I was trying to pinpoint the exact divergence from cannon and it wasn't really working. I told myself 'just throw book three out the window', and I guess that kind of works. At the same time it doesn't though, because it ends up being so much more! Sirius was extremely well defined... I think defined is the word I am looking for at least... You made him have so many layers, layers that I am not sure are touched on fully in cannon.

To go back a bit farther in the story, in the cave the first time to be exact. I sat and listed all of the different ways that Harry would be able to circumvent giving the death eaters the (at that point single) horcrux, I got:

Step 1. Get the locket.

Step 2. Destroy said locket.

Step 3. take locket remains back to cave.

Step 4. Throw locket remains at DE's feet and say 'there is your precious locket'

Then I realized that I forgot about Dumbledore, Harry specified that they were not to harm Dumbledore; he did not say anything about not harming him and the DE's just taking Dumbledore to St. Mungo's on their own. So I revised.

My other plan was something along the lines of:

Step 1. Find the locket.

Step 3. Take means to destroy locket with you to cave.

Step 2. Make friends follow me to cave (blackmail if you have to, because you can't tell them why!) and leave them at the entrance (agian blackmail might be needed. They don't know what is happening).

Step 4. Throw locket at DE's feet, say 'there is your precious locket'.

Step 5. Proceed to destroy locket.

Step 6. Call in the back up that was conveniently at cave entrance.

Step 7. Get Dumbledore.

Step 8. Use Dumbledore as a shield to keep DE's at bay.

I think that that plan covered everything.

So I was quite astonished at the way Harry actually managed it! I think in the end it was a bit more effective than my plans...

Overall it was a great story though!

SweetlyDesolated chapter 14 . 7/26/2011
I did go and read the fairytale - so thanks, I got an education :D I really liked this - Sirius and Harry together make me happy, though I haven't really read one about them - and it was really well done. Everything makes sense! Okay, so most things make sense at...1:54 in the morning. What can you do? I want coffee...

Anyways! Great fic! I'm not sure how I stumbled over this one, but I'm quite happy I did :) ALSO. I like the non-cannon Horcrux hunt. It's quite interesting, how everything could be changed from one tiny (MAJOR) plot twist.

cupcakexheartagramsxdraco chapter 14 . 7/26/2011
I read the ending and I was speechless with tears in my eyes. This is without a doubt the best Sirius/Harry fic I've ever read. It really drew me in and made me love the characters more than I already did. And the ending was a great twist(even though I was so sad to see Sirius die). It broke my heart the same way that it did when J. K. Rowling killed Sirius. No fanfic has ever been able to match that feeling, so very well done. Basically, this story is amazing and you're a fantastic writer. Definitely going to check out more of your stories. 3
DoritoCloud chapter 14 . 4/18/2011
This would have been a marvelously sad surprise if I hadn't read the reviews beforehand.
DoritoCloud chapter 5 . 4/18/2011

I'm only on Chapter 5, and I got curious to see what kinds of reviews people had of your story, and the first review I read tells me that Sirius is a Horcrux.

Well...if that was supposed to be some kind of surprise, it has just been ruined... :/
med chapter 14 . 3/2/2011
this was beautiful. it even made me cry.
Inkwell of Stars chapter 14 . 2/25/2011
Your story was just amazing. And very, very beautiful.

I never even suspected that Sirius was a horcrux...ah, where is my tissue box?
Pic16 chapter 14 . 2/17/2011
I enjoyed the fanfiction. Thank you for posting.
Amplify. Your. Imagination chapter 14 . 2/9/2011
Wow. This was awesome! I loved it. I cried so hard in the end. This is one of those stories that, when it is over, you sit there and think, "Damn. I wasn't expecting that." I had absolutely no idea where you going with the living horcrux thing. You are an excellent writer. I hope you continue to create stories that make people feel like this.