Reviews for Whisperings
WeilIchsKann chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
Hi there!

Great story. I really enjoyed reading it!

Weilichskann
Certh chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Oh, I'm glad you listened to old Bory's naggings, because this piece is very nice. I have to agree with you - when it comes to the Ring most people portray Boromir as being mean and selfish and evil, and perhaps the very brief exposition of his personality in PJ's trilogy is what cultivated that notion. It's good to see him properly portrayed here as the man he is, noble but for a short time manipulated through his love for his country.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Oh, Boromir...
Turwaithien chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
That was GREAT!

I totally agree how you characterize Boromir in this story. I do not see him as evil or weak at all...just very very desperate.

Like his brother put it: "Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

EXCELLENT job!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
A credible view of events.
Elwen of Lorien chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I guess Boromir has a more intimidating nature than the Royal family of Rohan. But I have always heard that a vacation is the key to the mind.

By the way, I think this is a good way to spend it, since I actually like Boromir's character, even though the first time I read the books I thought he was evil. Elwen.
MBDTA chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
That was very true to what I though Tolkien was trying to get across to the reader. I completely agree with your whole "theory", if you will, of Boromir's "madness." Excellent job! You made him much more likeable, and I like that!

The Editor of MBDTA
Susan W chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Most excellent! A Boromir story from you! "..but now I’ve got dead Hurins wanting in on the action!" :) :) Yay! Very well written and I love the way you mixed in movie verse and book verse into this tale, with your added voice! I absolutely agree with you on Bori being seen too many times as evil or weak for succumbing to the power of the Ring, he was neither of those. The Ring found his "weakness" of wishing for a better life for his people and exploited that dream of Bori's for its own evil purposes. aaeeii!

Its sadly unfortunate that Bori died, but, he died defending the young Hobbits and the reader knows that he would never back down on defending those that needed him most.
Cindy chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Amen, sister! I don't understand how some people see Boromir as evil. Would that he had lived.
Nari-chan SND chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Good job! That was an excellent way to portray Boromir! Bravo! I applaud you! You also did a good job with the mixing of the movie, your own writing, and Tolkein's writing. All in all, it was incredible! Good job!

~Nari
Lady Bluejay chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Yes, I think I tend to agree with you. However noble he was - and we cannot deny that - the evil in the ring would seize on any weakness. One would generally not call a love of one's country and a desire to protect its people a weakness. But in this case it could be perceived as just that. Well done. LBJ
Anearin chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Well I think that you have succeeded in making Boromir a less evil, much more likeable character than many authors. well done!

Anearin