Reviews for A Matter of Chance
Elelith chapter 16 . 2/8
Lovely, I like seeing the Darcy's from Georgiana's POV...
Guest chapter 16 . 6/30/2013
beautiful beautiful story!
seekerchasing chapter 16 . 2/6/2013
I love your Georgiana, and I really loved how you wrote her relationships with Darcy and Elizabeth. All in all a great read!
Madame Minuit12 chapter 5 . 11/21/2011
aaaah the two siblings are sooo cute together :)

brilliant insight into Georgiana! I loved it!
tfobmv18 chapter 16 . 2/27/2011
I absolutely love it. I soo can't wait to see what'll happen next. Keep up the good work.
taswmom chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Please! You need to finish some of your unfinished stories. I would really like to know where they are headed and know the ending! Thank you. :)
amimochi123 chapter 16 . 9/21/2010
Great story, I love reading Elizabeth and Darcy's romance from Georgiana's point of view. Very nice!
LoreleiZabini chapter 14 . 3/7/2010
I love this story!
Mariagoner chapter 16 . 8/3/2009
What a charming story and I love your Georgina- she's so realistic and it's wonderful to see her slowly coming to love her new family, even though she has reservations aplenty. Wonderful job!
scrimshaw chapter 16 . 12/19/2008
This is my second favorite of your stories behind "Courtship," and is such a delightful take on the subject of Georgiana Darcy, perhaps one of the most misinterpreted characters in P&P. She is usually portrayed in fanfiction as atorciously shy or horribly forward, or some strange combination of both, a bit of Mary Sue mixed with 'dear little sis.' But in "Chance" we have a living, breathing, thinking, whole, round character, with thoughts, dreams, and ambitions far beyond the confines of Darcy & Elizabeth, someone who can think for herself but is a product of her circumstances, and who I really admire and like.

There are really too many great moments to name them all (I should go back and review individual chapters), but I'll try to sum up: I adore cats, so I am naturally grateful that the Darcys do as well. The chance to view Elizabeth and Darcy after their wedding through G's eyes is a great treat, as it is a new prospective that at times challenges and complements our understanding of the characters. You probably already know my views on the Ramsgate conversation, but it was a beautiful moment b/t brother and sister and a fine defense of the lady's

character. The Gardiners, as always, were delightful, and the singing on Christmas, as well as the revelation of which room Elizabeth prefers, was so tastefully and subtly adorable. The subtle overtones of the whole thing are what I most like.

Then there is the entire Milton incident, which in a lesser author's hands might have hijacked the story or characters completely, but instead allows Georgiana to continue the growth of character and journey to maturity begun in the first few chapters. The earlier lessons of her own strength allow her to navigate the strange waters she is thrust in, and produce a better understanding of herself, her immediate and extended family. The backstory you've created for the Darcys is very rich and well-considered, and adds to our understanding of them rather than detracting. Miss Martin's addition is appropriately vile, Milton is quite pitiful, and we are all quite glad (however uncharitable it is) to see their consequences.

I also enjoyed (at least for the number of chapters it contained) reading this alongside of "Honourable Provision," though it didn't seem to have the depth of this one (then again, brevity in "Chance" would have had the same result). It was quite interesting to see the ways the two viewpoints provided differing revelations (the table scene where E&D discuss Milton and his quarrell, then where E encourages G to speak her Christian name, comes to mind as a prime example). It would be so interesting to see how "Provision" would have handled the later incidents, though of course I realize you're working on quite a different project now. As it is, I am very glad for the length of "Chance," feel it is one of your best works, and a very great addition to the fandom for its careful depiction of an overlooked (or overtried) Austen heroine. As always, a pleasure to read.
SamanthaW chapter 16 . 12/14/2008
I love this story. Your writing style is so lovely and fluid. And using Georgiana as the focus is so interesting. I'm anxiously awaiting another chapter!
Agent Jaid chapter 16 . 4/4/2008
What a fantastic story! I love Georgiana's perspective, she's so sweet and innocent-I love her. I love it all! The line about the distinction between useful and used is particularly poignant and just-I love it all! I can't figure out any other way to say it. It is wonderful. It makes me happy.

Melody
ladylaughalot chapter 16 . 3/28/2008
wonderfull I look forward to more
Bhavana chapter 16 . 2/11/2008
Lovely chapter...although in my opinion one really can't have enough of Elizabeth and Darcy, it is really great to read a fic that really delves into Georgiana's character.

Cecily is very witty, some of her comments in particular were really amusing, and the letters were fun to read - it made a change to what we're used to, and told a lot about both Cecily and Georgiana!

Fitzwilliam covered in dust? Aww :)
jasmineevans chapter 16 . 2/11/2008
Well done! I love the tone of these letters; I've always thought that Georgianna's true self would come out in her writing, when no one is watching her and she has time to formulate her thoughts. Her banter with Cecily is very nice, indeed.

Favorite lines:

"If only Lady Catherine were not so recalcitrant! Well, then she would not be herself at all, I daresay."

"I know it would be unkind, and vulgar too (nothing, according to Lady Catherine, is quite so vulgar as laughter), but so it is."

"As a poor cousin, I am not too high to serve as Lady Catherine’s emissary to a mere curate, and yet, with precious Fitzwilliam blood flowing in my veins, still worthy of the office."