Reviews for Candlelight Lament
Ylang-Ylang chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Even after all these years,I still come back to read this story and considering how many stories on this site I find re-readable says alot about your talent as a writer.

Like many others, I just never saw any redeemable value in Ashe/Gwydion and it irritated me when Rhapsody ultimately chose him over Achmed. Sure Achmed was a cool-eyed master manipulator, constantly scheming but it was for a greater good and it never was done with the intent to cause her any distress. The same couldn't be said about Ashe.

And to witness Achmed monologuing...brilliant! Positively brilliant...especially to see it as another one of his masterful moves. I almost felt sorry for Ashe...if I didn't dislike him so much!

Bravo!
Em-oley chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
You...are my hero... sniffle I'm gonna have to go and reread this series just for this now. Bravo sopping teary applause
Liung Arkeanda chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Ooooh, I loikes. It's really well written.

Except for one thing. I was under the impression that the potion was only to fake death, and had no part in the actual process of becoming a dragon. What turns them dragon is the starfire. Also, I don't remember Daystar Clarion breaking...
Erik's Bride chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Hey, just read your one-shot and I really liked it! I do like the character Ashe so I was a little hesitant in reading this one, but all in all very VERY well written, which is more than I can say about some other stories on here ;)

Keep up the good work!

-Erik's Bride
adfgds chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I love you. AND ACHMED WOOOOOT!
Emma chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
You're my hero. This fanfiction rivals "Foxears."
aria gwen chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
WOW! that was spot on. major kudos to you, seriously. the characters talked and acted just how i would expect them to if haydon herself had written this. YOU ROCK MY SOCKS! :D
GinTsuki chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Loved your writing style. This story was extremely well done, enjoyed every sentance!
Envious Lacerations chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
YOU ARE MY HERO! I always hated Ashe and now I have had the chance to see him die! I was so angry when Rhapsody chose Ashe over Achmed! You did wonderful and Achmed was in character to the dot! 10/10
CommonlyBefuddled chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
So bloody awesome. A perfect happily ever after if there was one.
Chaos Dragon chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
oh, i liked this very much. i suppose i shall have to quit being so damned cheap and lazy and go to the bookstore to get achmed's book. . i am so bad, it's been in paperback for ages. well, here's hoping that ashe gets offed in the next book. he really is a wanker.

cd
Jose Cohen chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Interesting story. As a fellow hater of Gwydion (I barely managed to get through the first chapter of Prophecy because he was so . . . damn . . . irritating), I can commiserate. An end I would have been happy to see - and one which fit well with Achmed. Nicely written.
NoMoreThanUsual chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
That was awesome. It's the ending I had hoped for through all the books. Great job. You keep them in character - especially Achmed. As I said, awesome story!
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Awesome! I love Achmed...he's the only reason I read the books because I can't stand any of the other characters...including Rhapsody so i completely sympathize why it took you a while to write this bit.

Achmed was written very well and you did a great job with him!
Arainia chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Oh, GOD. I don't think I can express how much I admire your writing skills and talent. And I'm also very, very glad that someone else agrees with me when I say Rhapsody is perfect to the point of being loathesome. She's cool, just...too...perfect. And Achmed should have gotten her, dammit. But stupid crybaby Gwydion did. Which is why I am so happy that you wrote THIS glorious little thing. Wonderful stuff, I loved it. It's hard to believe that it isn't Haydon herself writing it, you got the characters down so well.