Reviews for In the Happy Now
TerriWrym chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
This is very good. I always start screaming at the TV when ever that scene is on. Tell him later... *sighs*

Logan's reaction seems very in character, he becomes so focased on one aspect of his life that everything else falls by the wayside. He's done it with Eyes Only, him walking, his relationship with Max... He needs his friends to give him a kick sometimes to get him to see the bigger picture. Bling was very good at that, I miss him.
Amy Lock chapter 1 . 12/7/2001
Oh my goodness! I'm crying! This may end up being a pretty damn long review, but bare with me okay? That was so, so, so, so, so, so beautiful. I'm still tearing up! When he kept repeating the line "you can tell me later", it was so painful, I could almost feel his sadness coming off the screen. You're right, that line would eat him up. He was trying to prolong everything, her life, their love...his life. But it didn't work, and she died anyway, and he never got the chance to kiss her goodbye or tell her that he loved her. All he got to do was hold her in his arms one last time before Lydecker knocked him unconcious. And it did feel ominous, I think he felt it too, but was just trying to protect her. As much as she always protects him, he's always wanted to help her. He's always sensed that at heart, she's hurting and that she needed him. You portrayed Logan in his time of sorrow exactly how I thought he would feel. It was perfectly done! It is heartbreaking how he blames himself for Max's death. "Eyes Only didn't screw up, I did. And someone still died. Max died." I loved how you showed that Logan drank b/c when he remembered, that was when he lost his senses-it was too painful to remember. And when the line "And afraid of what? Of loving, of being loved? I ran from it and I lost Max and I loved her anyways. I love her anyways", when the line came, it just about broke my heart. It was a brilliant idea to repeat the "I loved her anyways" in the present, b/c we know that Logan's love for Max did not die when she "did". But probably the most haunting line in the whole story was "We had our time in the happy now and I didn't know it till it was gone". Wow. Now that is regret, and there isn't much that is worse than feeling regret. I loved this story, and I'm so glad that I checked it out. Keep up the good work. Luv Amy
LifeFiction chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
awwwwwwww...that was so cute...i cried just reading the summary because i think its so sad that they didnt get to spend more time together...anywayz...this was really well written and i cant wait to read the up coming chapters in this story!
Aubree chapter 1 . 6/21/2001
That was really powerfull! It's awesome! I loved it and you have got to finish it. Alot of times you see stuff that just makes the characters seem really out of place and I can totally see Logan in this story! FINISH PLEASE!:)
a fan chapter 1 . 6/20/2001
Very insightful that Logan almost thinks of himself as two people Logan who screws up and Eyes only who never does. Logan breaking lydecker's jaw is a shocking example of the extremity of his loss. The way logan kept replaying his moments with max over and over again made his grief so real and so devastating.
Star24 chapter 1 . 6/20/2001
Awwwvery good and very true to character. I can see Logan doing this.
Kyre chapter 1 . 6/20/2001
Ah! So sad, and yet such little amusing moments along the way. I really like your language, and I like the way you have Logan let Bling know he's on his way back ("I ran out of scotch"). While I can't take angst like this on a regular basis, which is the main reason I'm trying to forget about AJBAC ;) , I thought this fic was very good.
Kara chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
This is very good so far. So nicely dark and angsty. :) I'm with the others clamboring for more very soon, and a return of our heroine. :)
motorcycleangelmargaret chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
cool i love this put more please
BlueMoonRain chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
Wow, that's all I can say. This is so great so far. I think you really have down Logan's character. The only thing missing is for the heroine to return-hint, hint. Please continue.
marie chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
oh my god, that was really good, it almost made me cry my eyes got watery but i blinked the tears back, ihave a huge knot in my throut and it husrt but i dont wanna cry, that was ssssooooooooo sad, awwwwwwww poor poor logan but hey atleast he's letting so now, well i give a 2000000000 out of ten (i dont even know what number i put)lol

late and write more soon please
Zanna chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
A very nice contemplative piece. If you've got more to write along this vein, then please do. But some more chapters for "The Gift of Darkness" would be nice, too. It seems like I've been waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
phie chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
you should continue it's realy good :')
a reader chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
This was excellent! Keep it up and post more soon!
star girl2 chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
Yeah! This is great. It really touched me. Wow, you have alot of talent. You must continuer with this story. It's awesome. I'll be checkin back for the next part :)