Reviews for Vitamin C
s1886x chapter 2 . 1/25/2010
the part about osaka and sakaki i found downright hilarious. as for the part at the end, was this working from the scene in the anime where tomo mentions that her dad liked to play a game where he'd unwrap her kimono? this seems like something that could spiral out from that visual. i enjoyed it. this version of tomo should definitely be stopped by someone from becoming a cop
andyjay18 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Heh, did Tomo swipe that stuff from the evidence locker? Seems like she's on track to becoming kind of a "Bad Cop".
Albino Bebop chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
What you need to do is go on youtube, look for Don Hertzfeldt, and find his segments from The Animation Show, namely the Intermission.

That's what I likened Osaka's experience to.

"It's like I can TOUCH you!" O_O
Moonraker One chapter 2 . 7/5/2008
I understand the message behind your story. You are an excellent writer. I must give you that. Your technique is amazing, and I must applaud your depth of plot.

My main complaint is the central concept is hard to see through a sea of theoretical physics. Someone who isn't well-versed in such ideas won't get your story.
TheoneandonlyKaorin chapter 2 . 5/24/2008
It didn't make much sense (well, most of it did, except for Tomo's behavior) Anyways, I think i have to thank you. You've inspired me to pic up an idea of mine and finally write it, when, I don't know. I've needed some inspiration. You'll understand when the story is out. Until then,

Kaorin
PGFish chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
I'm not a fanfiction author anymore (nobody wants me to return to the genre, trust me), but I registered an account here for the sole purpose of posting a review of this story as an avid consumer. Take that as you will.

I once heard it said that the purpose of art is to create an emotional reaction in the viewer. By that qualification, by God, this is bloody well ART. I made the mistake of reading chapter two ("Vitamin K") late last night, as I was trying to get to sleep. This was, to put it mildly, a mistake.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Instead, hours were spent trying to sort out how I felt about this scene. I can't say I liked it. It wasn't what I expected, or wanted, from an AD fanfic. Watching my friend Osaka treated so filled me with what approached true horror. Seeing Tomo, poor, doofy, innocent Tomo, twisted so verged on the physically painful. I wanted to reach in and stop it. Just that simple.

Ill conceived responses were dithered. My fingers itched for a keyboard, to add my own chapter three. (What ego! I know, I know.) I wanted to put this to bed, and allow myself some sleep. Dramatic scenes played in my head as I tossed and turned. Osaka with a revolver, giving Tomo six holes of her own (uh... no). The poor girl mustering the courage to tell the group what happened, in spite of the threat to her life, and somehow getting Tomo the help she desperately needs. Or at least keeping her off the streets with a badge and gun (scary thought, that, considering). All sorts of dramatic interventions. SOMETHING. Anything but Tomo in torment, and Osaka defeated and trying to find meaning, alone and afraid, burned and bleeding. I realize that, perhaps, I'm not seeing what you intended. I can't bring myself to reread this to find out for sure. Not yet, and quite possibly not ever.

Ultimately, it ended up with me in front of the TV, AD discs in the player, trying to bring back the Tomo and Osaka I thought I knew. And then it was dawn.

Well, clearly I'm addled by lack of sleep and waxing logorrheic here, so I'll let it go at that. You've written a profoundly moving, affecting story here. I can't quite say thank you for that, but it was an incredible ride.
AddleBoy chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
As Osaka found herself tumbling further and further down the rabbit hole, she realized that there was no hole to begin with.

(Something I thought would go well with the story, but maybe it doesn't make sense...)

-This story was just amazing. I thought the first chapter was a little trippy but I loved the realism in the second. After some thinking I finally understood Tomo's actions and why Osaka excepted it. I was also wondering what event in Tomo's past caused her so much suffering; why she can't wear kimonos anymore. Anyway, this was definitely one of my favorite fanfics.
Rukaxmichi chapter 2 . 1/24/2007
Amazing fic you've got here.. I love the idea. Did Tomo lace the 'orange juice' with Special K though? Thats what I got out of it seeing as your 2nd chapter is titled 'Vitamin K' _ Loved the descriptions. You should write more fics like this one _
The.Hoppy chapter 2 . 11/6/2006
Wow. You have a way with the dark, as was (and still is being) proved by your other story. That was so wonderfully vivid, and it made me want to flinch and turn away at the same time as my eyes were glued to the screen. I love stories like that.

Now, I'm off to find some nice, safe fluff. '

Naolin
The.Hoppy chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
'work you way to black'- 'your'

'made of led'-'lead'

Right, with that over- Hey, you're alive! Happiness abounds.

Say yes to orange juice, hm? Makes me wonder just what was in it, or whether it was a case of 'mind over matter'. Interesting, odd, and just a little bit of dark. Squee.

Naolin
TheSilverback chapter 2 . 11/4/2006
Chapter one - AcidManga Daioh! Wow, that was a mind bender. Very interesting.

Chapter two - The plot thickens. That was incredibly intense. But now you have me wondering about Tomo's past and Osaka remembering "what night it was". Clearly there must be a chapter three brewing!

I hope you update this!
sapphicspencil chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
OMGOSH that is just so f*cking brilliant, one of the greatest wee Azu fics I've ever read (and its not even overtly shoujo-ai or anything so thats real big props from me)

Loved it loved it loved, write more soon eh?
TheTrueWolfBrother chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
I gotta say I love this! _

Tomo seemed kinda no-nonsense, but I can see her get that way if she wants something.

As for the colours: Maybe you didnt mean anything special about it, but everything has a certain feel or colour to it. I think weve all been there if you look at it carefully.

The vague presence of Shoujo-ai around the edges gave the story a pleasant atmosphere.

And the last part was just hilarious :P
BonhomieDragon chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Wow. I'm not too certain as to how to respond to this. I like it, I know that. It's very...what's the word...wild.

Vivid and imaginative, I'm pretty impressed. I would like to see more work by you. From what I can tell, looks like I might have some reading to do...