Reviews for The Mire
rapunzl chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
One of my most favorite LW stories. This really should have been an episode - the end scene even has that exact same feel.

I must have read this story a year or so ago on your website and it has never left me. You had all the characters down exactly. Marguerite's pessimism and reliance on Roxton, who was devoted to the point of driving himself mad; Challenger's ingenious solution and ensuing guilt over risking his companions' lives (a lot of people forget that he feels as protective over the group as Roxton does, as it's his expedition); Veronica's way of stepping in and noticing Roxton's floundering, saving the day when even he can't; and Malone's comic relief at the end was just too perfect.

Such a fantastic job. I simply love this story.
JaneAire chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
just damn good
WilliamsXev chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Oh, great story! So exciting!
rebecca chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
I've already written a lot of reviews for this story, but i have to write another one. You are a GREAT author. i love this sotry and your other ones, especially a civilized cloak and reasons why. Keep writing! its soo good.
Karen chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
This is definitely one of the best TLW fics I have ever read. Everyone was totally in character which was a big plus, of course. The best part of the story though was the probability of it. I mean, I love all well-written TLW fics no matter how far-fetched the plot, but sometimes the whole 'Roxton/Marguerite gets kidnapped so Marguerite/Roxton must save them' gets a little repetitive, at least if you read 15 fics in a row. Though I still love and read them, of course.

I loved the whole hand-holding plot device, and the fact that Roxton thought that maybe the stone was cursed, because I know that if you didn't put that in I would constantly be thinking how they had to throw back the stone because it was obviously cursed. And I loved lots of other stuff too, this was just a great story. I don't R/R nearly as much as I should, but I just had to tell you how wonderful and engrossing your story was.

So thank you for this very well written story, where the characters are the way they are supposed to be and survive a situation that actually could happen. I look forward to reading all your future stories.
AerinBrown chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
*sigh* That was so wonderful. You have no idea how into that I was. The whole drowning scene my heart kept beating fast. And the end was so sweet! Marguerite and Roxton are two great characters, and you really know how to bring that out. They are never OC, and the story is so easy to picture in my head (which I love). Thanks for a great story!
nnemieke chapter 1 . 5/12/2002
i really liked this story!
CrimsonCat chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
Awwww! This was just so..

I loved the way Roxton wouldn't leave her side. Also, you seem to have everyone remaining in character quite well. Better than I could ever do, that's for sure. And Marguerite not wanting to give up the diamond? lol. I was surprised when she finally agreed to throw it in.

“I refuse to fuel your ever growing superstitions. It’s not healthy.” lol, loved that line.

All in all, I'd say it deserves the title of 'masterpiece'. And the holding hands thing? Pure genius.

Dai stiho

~CrimsonCat~
Katrina chapter 1 . 4/4/2002
Fantastic story! Love the way you build up the tension of the water rising and the way you had Marguerite make him promise

not to let her die that way - really got to me. You've got the character's down pat and it's been a real joy to read. This story is

definitely one I'll read again and again - thanks for all your hard work! :)
Audrey2 chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
Ack, I love this fic! It's really so sweet. That's really funny when Marguerite said "There’s a bright, diamond lining in every cloud." Anyway, keep writing M/R fics! You write them so well...
Jaclyn chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
that was AWESOME! wonderfully written; M and R seemed like real people - they were perfect. the plot was great, there was a perfect amount of drama, story was nicely worded, nice bits of humor thrown in, i liked the "holding hands" motif - that worked well. basically...amazing job! thanks for sharing it! please write more!
brainfear chapter 1 . 3/9/2002
Good story. :o) I just recently started watching the Lost World(even tho they're reruns) and I already love the sexual tension b/w Roxton and Marguerite. Please write another one!
Emily chapter 1 . 10/2/2001
I loved your story! Keep writing!
ttrobinson chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
I loved it. I hope you write many more. Your attention to detail makes your stories a joy to read.
roxtons girl chapter 1 . 9/19/2001
That was such a loverly story the way Roxton wouldnt leave his beloved was just so sweet. please keep up your wonderful done.x