Reviews for I Once Loved a Sailor
Steamboat chapter 16 . 7/18
What a delightful story to read over and over! Still no sequel yet, though? Lol! Hope this finds you well and happy!
Anonny chapter 16 . 11/7/2016
Yaay! Someone who says Harm has hazel eyes - the actor does indeed have hazel eyes. :-)

Nice ending and I like the way you have two people at the start and momentarily it seems like it would be Harm and Mac but it turns out to be Harm and Sophie going to visit Mac and a new baby. :-)
Anonny chapter 15 . 11/7/2016
Oh, no! Harm called the fireman 'son'! He's getting old! And Webb 'his generation' - oh, deary, deary, me! lol

I surprised myself recently by referring to a group of... (yikes, I'm doing it in my head again...) 'people' I saw in a supermarket late one night recently. And it was then that I knew I must be 'getting old' - I referred to them as 'youngsters' (or some such thing) and they were old enough to be doing uni exams - they'd just finished their final one for this round that afternoon, they said. Scary, scary! I'm thinking of them as 'kids' and 'young people'... I'M GETTING OLD! And so must Harm be if he's calling that guy 'son' - lol!

I really enjoyed this chapter - lots of fun it it, despite the serious situation and the occasional melancholy moments 'the late AJ Chegwidden's home' for example. Well done.
Anonny chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
Ah, ah, ah! They don't speak English in Star Trek; they speak Standard! And the universal translator handles translating between species, even ones they've just met... Takes a few sentences to kick in (incredible piece of machinery ;-D ) and then they can talk as easy as pie.

See? You should have read the old books by James Blish - all this gets explained! lol

And actually, most of the Spanish I learned as a child came from cartoons - specifically... yep! Speedy Gonzales. Tee hee!

Anyways! Enjoying the story. :-)
Anonny chapter 4 . 11/7/2016
You're spot on with what you say about losing a baby. It's over thirty years since I went to a doctor, concerned that I'd lost one straight off the pill but he was able to reassure me that I hadn't. But for the brief time between thinking I had and my appointment, I felt absolutely terrible and I've never forgotten it. It's an awful feeling.
PBLLady chapter 1 . 3/16/2016
Read it before and came back for more!
PBLLady chapter 16 . 3/16/2016
I love this story and have read it about four times. Even though I know what is coming, I always get nervous about the end. It is storytelling at it's best!
JoyZ chapter 16 . 2/11/2014
After lo these many years, just re-read your wonferful story. Even tho this may never be seen, I thank you for a happily ever after Harm/Mac adventure. Regards, JoyZ
steamboat chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Loved your story! Your hero worship of Mac might have been a little too much though. Come on, she's not superwoman! Oh well, its your story and it was a good one, well told!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/30/2012
Read this story many years ago, loved it then and even more now. One of the best Harm and Mac love stories! Just beautiful, Kristie
RUTH chapter 16 . 12/26/2011
BEAUTFUL FANFIC. BUT WHY ANOTHER BABY GIRL? YOU DEAR WRITER DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THE RABB NAME DID YOU? YOU SHOWLD HAVE GIVE TO THEM A BOY TO KEEP THE NAME TO THE NEXT GENERATION. POOR HARM A MAN NAMELESS ALLRIGHT. GOOD FOR THE ROBERT'S BOYS TWO RABB'S HYMENS TO POP.
pawprint64 chapter 3 . 9/28/2010
Yeah, for trying to undo what they did to Webb. I liked him a lot in Webb of Lies as well, ant other earlier episodes. So sorry that AJ is gone,but interested in where the story is going.
msacorona chapter 16 . 4/3/2010
Great story. Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us!
angeloneous chapter 16 . 6/25/2009
I just read your entire story and I wanted to tell you that I think if they had ever done a follow up movie, this story would be just how I would want it to go. It was very well written and the characterization was right on! Thanks for sharing!
polrobin chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Hi,

I was utterly blown away by this story. I am an incredibly picky fanfic reader and this was, start-to-finish, perfect. You have the character's voices down perfectly and they were so very believable.

Fantastic work of fanfic, you do the genre proud.

All the best,