Reviews for The Man From Spain (FAM Zorro)
ladytornado1880 chapter 5 . 7/10
i am enjoying your storys
arty60 chapter 5 . 2/28
Good conclusion to a most entertaining story.
arty60 chapter 4 . 2/28
Such a wonderful chapter! Loved every bit of it!
arty60 chapter 3 . 2/28
The truth is out! Poor Don Alejandro. He realizes that he didn't really know his son as well as he thought he did!
arty60 chapter 2 . 2/28
The alcalde's reactions as well as those of Don Diego and Don Alejandro are priceless!
arty60 chapter 1 . 2/28
Poor Diego!
Guest chapter 4 . 3/13/2016
Pm
QueenNaberrie chapter 5 . 7/16/2014
And thus the reason Diego acts SO not like himself. But at least it was just his father and Victoria who realized Diego is Zorro. Whew.

By the way, Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" is my favorite poem. :)
Little Mei Mei chapter 5 . 10/23/2012
This easily is one of my favorite zorro fan fictions. Well done. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Lydia Hunter chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
This is a REALLY fascinating story, and I'm glad I read it. I notice it's not marked complete, which is interesting. It could easily be continued, but at the same time this chapter is a natural, albeit bittersweet, stopping point.
Miss Anly chapter 5 . 4/1/2012
What a superb story!

I admit I have a soft spot about stories, where the lead character is having amnesia. Don't get me wrong, not that I actually enjoy to read about someone being hurt by hitting his head or stuff like that.

But is is so much fun to watch as Diego is being himself. And his behavior comes so naturally and innocently.. The reaction of Alejandro and Victoria is priceless! I felt a little sorry, that they had no choice but to continue to act as if Diego is no more that a weakling.

Nevertheless loved it so much! What a delightful piece of writing!

Nadya
Asj Johnson chapter 5 . 11/12/2011
I forgot to mention last chapter, that I found it interesting that you hinted that Don Diego kept his other identity hidden from his father to keep him from trying to help him like that. I don't recall thinking about that being the reason before.

Huh, so this Felipe had amnesia, too?

Sounds like Don Diego's amnesia was to remind him why he had to be Zorro, him remembering after he thought it would be better not to tell his father, and having dreams about it afterward.

The last scene is a little puzzling, but in a good way. _"

...It's interesting that, in my Zorro series, Don Alejandro found out about Don Diego being Zorro somewhat early on, but he never gave any real indication about it, until he stopped Don Diego from going to show everyone he was Zorro (and he wasn't going to let Don Diego know it was him that kidnapped him, either, but he found out). And after that, Don Alejandro seemed okay with it... like, I don't remember him being very worried about him. But it makes sense that he'd be concerned for his son like in this story...

This was a nice story.
Asj Johnson chapter 4 . 11/12/2011
D: It came out so soon. I knew Don Alejandro found out, but for Victoria to blurt it out like that? I would think Don Alejandro would keep it a secret, and that Victoria would stay somewhat confused. ...although I don't know Victoria. If it was me, I would've just wanted to torment them longer than this. _" Probably a strange trait of mine.

Huh... Don Alejandro seemed upset to learn that Don Diego was Zorro, but after Victoria talked to him, they both seemed happy. ...Perhaps he just needed someone else's opinion about things. But, I guess he said he was upset because he didn't know his son, not that his son was an outlaw or something. So I guess she kind'a changed the subject.

"It would help if Diego knew a recovered memory was real instead of his own imagination filling in gaps." Oooh, that sounds like a nice thing. Did you read that somewhere or come up with it on your own? I've heard movies and stuff having people not tell about things, but they never even attempted to explained it. At the same time, I know it would be hard to tell whether something's remembered, or just recalled from recently. The way your line combined the two is interesting to me.

Aw, you skipped the "ha, ha, ha! You must be joking!" conversation. It would've been interesting to see the emotions Don Diego would experience during that talk.

Aw, it sounds like it's over at the end of this chapter. But I did like that last scene quite a bit. I hope his father will find him there. I want him to know at what moment he remembers (and how he didn't remember while doing all that stuff he did). Although... I suppose I don't know why I find that type of thing important.
Asj Johnson chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
It's funny when Don Diego's telling Victoria about all that dangerous stuff he did at school. It's like he's purposely trying to frighten her. _" Or... probably, to impress her. And restore some of his self-confidence in himself, perhaps.

I wonder who ZefĂ­ra is... This Zorro sounds interesting sometimes.

I don't know if it's the same way in this version or not, but Victoria's thoughts about not seeing many servants in the de la Vega household was funny to me, because that was the way it was in my series - even though Don Diego and others talked about the possibility of the servants overhearing them or seeing their secret doors, quite often.

I like the scene with Victoria and Don Alejandro talking about Don Diego and how he was similar and how he was different.

I kind'a wish the two of them didn't assume Diego was once that guy... amnesia can make a person think they're someone else, and it could be fun for them to think that way. ...although this would make it harder for Don Diego to keep his secret once he returns to himself.

Heh. Was Diego sleeping late because of late night adventures, or is he not even in his room in the mornings?

Uh oh... he's mentioned swords. This could be very hard for him to cover up later. _"

Don Alejandro's onto him, agreeing with the stuff he's saying like that. What happened when Edmund came to Los Angeles? That sounds like it would've been interesting... Oh, and Don Diego just admitted being an outlaw if he tried to stop them - what a confession.

Ooooh, Zorro's been fighting with a sword like that? Poor Don Diego. _" I think the damage is irreparible now.

Wonderful chapter.

(sigh) by the time I started reviewing for real, I've already gotten halfway through the chapters.
Asj Johnson chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
It's strange, but, I think I recognize people and other things, only they have different names.

Anyhow... I like this chapter. Only, I wish a little more was said a few times. I'm curious about the... Alcalde. If he knew Don Diego from school, did he find him strange when he first arrived at Los Angeles?

Don Diego is so upset. Hee, hee. The Don Diego I know would speak up at times, and talk like that sometimes, but not this much (and he was always careful to back off before anything got started).

He's probably pretty frustrated about not knowing what's going on, or why his past self doesn't seem as couragous as he should be... Besides his strong morals.