Reviews for You'd Think I Could Learn How to Tell You Goodbye
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Okay, that is on the top of my favorite stories for the Girl in the Fireplace list! I really love it! I think your writing truely potrayed Rose and the Doctor. And it was really realistic.
T'Be chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Makes me really dislike TGITF. It's too bad that the episode brings up negative sentiment on behalf of Rose because as a sci-fi story it's wonderfully done. But he had promised her that he wouldn't leave her in the previous episode and it hurt to see him leave her.

I'd love to see a story where they work out more of the emotions between them. It's evident by the later episodes that he loves Rose completely and trusts her implicitly. In "The Impossible Planet/Satan's Pit" he touts his faith in her and refuses to give into the Beast. Finding out that Rose had been captured in "The Idiot's Box" he mentions that harming her was the one thing in the universe that guaranteed he would do everything to stop the Wire. He later forces a supernova in his efforts to say "good-bye" to Rose at the end of "Doomsday."

So it's obvious that his fleeting relationship with Reinette did not fatally impact their relationship. And Rose promised him she'd stay with him "forever" in many episodes after TGITF. I like to think of nice reunion fics where that can be the case!
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
After watching GITF I maintained the attraction to Reinette was because she was a lot like Rose and was promptly told by me mates I was wrong, glad to see someone had the same idea.
ricco-the-penguin chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
oh...I love this one as well as the other one. just...all the emotion in it...and the pain that Rose is going through...I love it so much.

and also?

Bob/Larry is offically the best name ever : )
PadmeKenobi chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
That was fantastic! Wonderfull brilliant, now I wanna go watch the next episode of Doctor Who, but alas I must wait until Friday! GRR. LOL.

I loved it, wonderful beautiful job!

Padme out.
LinNicole chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
How I love this story, let me count the ways. LOL. I haven't even seen TGITF and I was seething over the Doctor leaving Rose and Mickey behind. Thank goodness for fan fiction. Anyway, I loved how mature Rose was and how she didn't resort to whining, complaining, or arguing. She quietly presented her side and just told her truth: she didn't trust him. I certainly couldn't blame her. But I also loved how she forgave him in the end. It was very sweet and complicated and all that other lovely stuff life is made of. Thanks for sharing.
Annie Coomes chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
*claps insanly*

Wow! You are the only person in the universe who made me feel a teany, tiny piece of emotion for Reinette that wasn't hate. For that I am in awe of you. That is quite an achievment! Well Done!

Brill as always!

xx
NearlyHeadlessNic chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
YEY! It;s a post-GITF story without any Reinette bashing! I loved it, not just for that, but because it was wonderfully written and a lovely littlr snipet of the Doctor and Rose.

NHNic x
LarielRomeniel chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
This is wonderfully poignant. Thank you for posting it.
TheAtlanteanEmpress chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
very good well done
RosesBud chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Nice to read a mature and realistic account on the possible fall out from the Reinette saga. I really like this.