Reviews for The Right Hand Path
Sidni101 chapter 19 . 11/21/2017
I really really really really really really really really really really like this story please pleeease please update soon
Serpens Star chapter 19 . 10/20/2017
Omg please xont stop writing this. i had burnt the entire enjoying this and i am not getting sleep for work later. Dammit it is just that good. Its rare fo find your kind of story. Its interesting and i wonder if Tom is going to brand his followers and him opening the chamber soon caz i can imagine it would be awesome. Thank you for sharing and i cant wait for more XD
marcelyn167 chapter 19 . 10/15/2017
I never writed such a long review for any fanfic before, but let's start: THIS IS AMAZING! I always have been fascinated by the poor, naive, tragic Merope Gaunt and the brilliant, handsome, charismatic (and evil) Tom Riddle. I always thought that becoming Voldemort was a terrible waste of Tom – he could have turned into a incredibly charming Minister of Magic, but preferred to screw up everything and divide his soul in seven (seven!) parts. I saw an indication of your fanfic on Tumblr and got extremely excited, since I was looking for AUs where Merope lived and raised Voldemort. My English is not that good (I'm from Brazil), but your grammatic and writing style is admirable. I read all your fic in less than two days, despite making an incredible effort to save some chapters to read later. Tom Riddle would definitely be a better person if Merope had survived. And it is not just a guess, it is based in Rowling's own words: “But of course, everything would have changed if Merope survived, raised him herself and loved him.” When a fan asked her in 2005 if Snape has ever been loved by anyone, she answered: “Yes, he has, which in some ways makes him more culpable even than Voldemort, who never has.” Dumbledore said in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that Merope “chose death in spite of a son who needed her”, so Tom Riddle Jr. only needed to be loved to understand love. I don't feel sorry for Lord Voldemort, who is basically a psychopathic monster, but I feel sorry for the young child he once was. ("I don't believe anybody was born evil", said Rowling herself). My eyes filled with tears as I read the first chapters, with Merope and his baby abandoned on the streets of London and despised by the wizarding community. I hoped Dumbledore would appear and help them, because it would be a very interesting twist, and then it actually happened! I loved the scene with the sweets and how Dumbledore said that Tom would be a powerful wizard but his goodness was impossible to guess and it dependend only on his mother. "We all got both light and dark inside us, what matter is the part we choose to act on." It's interesting how your Tom is still in character – he is still cunning, ambitious, manipulative and arrogant and still has a bad temper. It makes him more believable, in contrast with fanfics that make him a irrecognizable blossom. Every time someone messed with him (like the boys who called him "mudblood") I smiled and thought "uh-oh, you shouldn't have done that, you don't know what he is capable of!" He definitely has a attraction for the Dark Arts, but I'm sure he would never go so far at the terrible point of creating seven Horcruxes. And Merope, oh, Merope! She suffered so much her entire life! People say she is basically a kind of rapist for having a child under the effects of the love potion (TR Senior was incapable of consent) but I'm sure she never had such malicious intention (this is wrong for us, of course, but she didn't have the same conscience). Your development of her is amazing and her relationship with her child is simply adorable! I'm sure these pureblood wizards would not treat her so badly if they knew her ancestral. It's also funny to see Tom being despised by purebloods who would call him "Milord" in a different universe. I sincerely hope that they find happiness! I think I will never find a Harry Potter fanfic as good as yours. It's so perfect that I wanted it to be official! It's really sad you abandoned it, though! I would love to see Tom discovering the truth about his father! (Voldemort's words about his father in GoF: "He abandoned her when she told him what she was. He didn't like magic, my father. He left her and returned to his Muggle parents before I was even born, Potter, and she died giving birth to me." In this AU where he truly loves his mother, wouldn't it be a extra motivation to hate TR Senior? And what will happen to his uncle Morfin?) You probably are busy, but PLEASE update someday! Your fans are begging!
Guest chapter 16 . 10/10/2017
When Tom was standing in the mirror, thinking about how his looks came from his father, I just realised;
"You have your mother's eyes."

...QQ
Guest chapter 4 . 9/18/2017
It seems like Tom in this story could still be in Slytherin and a little like Draco in terms of talking to people.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/17/2017
Dumbledore is so generous. I understand why people find it hard to sympathize with Merope(she did seduce a man against his will).
Silverlight10243 chapter 18 . 8/17/2017
Well, what can I say, Death Eaters huh... some things are just meant to happen, I guess.
Fast Frank chapter 14 . 7/12/2017
Of course, some of the dialog has been adapted for American readers: Abraxas would never have said, "cent".
Fast Frank chapter 8 . 7/12/2017
I think our author has no conception of the relative sturdiness of iron and brass.
Vzva chapter 19 . 5/29/2017
It was intriguing.
I hope you continue.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/29/2017
merope, do you learn lmao...
on another note, i love your characterization!
Lauren0kiy chapter 19 . 4/10/2017
I started this story knowing it wasn't completed but I'm still sad not to know the ending. I loved what was written so far and I'll cross my fingers that maybe the ending will be updated one day.
bookish583 chapter 19 . 1/10/2017
I don't do reviews much but I think this fanfic was a great piece of work; you really did pay attention to the nuances of Tom's character, and how you painted Merope in this story was splendid. I honestly can imagine Tom having some friends outside Slytherin, but the one thing I felt worth asking was why the lack of muggleborns in Tom's club? for some reason I've found the idea of muggleborns actually learning the dark arts pretty sensible (as they are in a time of war: the muggle one as we are all familiar with and the war waged by Grindelwald who explicitly targets them, and wouldn't the problems they face push then towards the dark arts? I'm quite sure there are a lot of muggleborns and half-bloods who have lost faith in the system and resorted to self preservation and defense (or offense) via the dark arts, I think it would be really interesting to see the mix between those two worlds in such as era).
Thanks for writing this, and I really do hope you update soon
Guest chapter 19 . 10/30/2016
I LOVE MEROPE SO OOOOO MUCH! TOM IS SOOOO KIND
reppad98 chapter 19 . 10/18/2016
This is such a wonderful story, I really loved it. For some reason I started thinking about Voldemort's redemption, and then you quickly end up thinking about his youth, and what if things had gone differently there, like if Merope had lived. Looking it up, I was prepared to be disappointed, since there were only a 200-something stories about Merope. But this one was on top of that list and I was very pleasantly surprised to find that this was exactly what I was looking for. I loved Merope's characterization and how she slowly became stronger and found her way in life - shame the appearance of her brother in some sort of a relapse, but from what I gathered he was truly horrible. It's also very interesting to see Tom grow up so differently and yet still see some parts of him that are recognizable. He still leads, he wants power and his morals aren't quite perfect, but still, he's come a long way already. And the Death Eaters! I really liked what you did with that and it'll be /very/ interesting to see how that will progress. I'm pretty sure the reveal of Merope's past and the knowledge that his father is still alive will also be important to his character development, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of this story. I know it's been a really long while since you updated and that you're undoubtedly very busy, but would you please consider finishing this story? That would be awesome :D
Thank you very much for writing this story, it was really great, I hope you update soon, and keep writing! ! !