Reviews for Tears, Fears, and Fairytales
tcsportsmed7 chapter 14 . 1/12/2011
*Sniff Sniff*

You're an amazing writer. I'm speechless.
conny chapter 14 . 6/16/2008
Wow, this was awesome. I really love your fic. If you would change the names, you could probably publish it. Let me say, I would buy it! Thank you very much for writing this wonderful piece!
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 14 . 12/30/2007
Gosh, Charlynn...I have never cried so much at a story's end as I have for this particular one. It really astonishes me how emotionally intune I was with this story. I really lost myself in it, so it's hard for me to let this go :*(

Like, at first I was just teary-eyed; James was an amazing person. Then I just started crying while I read the letter. Finally, I was just bawling with eyes out, my face all wet and my throat aching. Like, I seriously did not want to even finish the second-to-last sentence of the chapter.

I think it's safe to say that this has become my favorite story of yours. Sure, I can anyone of your pieces is great, but this one really took me places. It makes it that much harder to see to its end. But "life goes on." ;)

I just enjoyed reading every bit. One thing that really drew me in was Ryan, himself. And I feel like I've been blessed to see his journey so far that he has made. With Marissa, with his family.

That letter was pure beauty. Absolute gold.

And I will miss this... I will miss this RM pairing. How emotionally strong it is, how much it has endured. So much walls, that to see them now it really makes them that more solid. Definitely one of the best RM pairings. Thank you Charlynn for sharing this story with us ALL, but in particular, with me since I have really grown close to it.
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 13 . 12/30/2007
Oh, wow, beautiful chapter. Very soft and beautiful.

I loved Ryan's surprise. It once again shows how he's a changed man and goodness, their words of love and promise to one another were so touching. And I absolutely loved when Aubrey called out for Ryan...Uh! It was so moving. That small moment how Aubrey was being shared between Ryan and Marissa; the love flowing through the small family.

And the wedding was WONDERFUL. Wish I was there ;) heh. I really surprised myself when I started to get teary-eyed when Marissa just sat back and admired what her life had become; and was eager for what was to come. I loved the descriptions. It made me feel sad because I've grown so accustomed to all these characters. I don't want to see them go. I've literally been taking such a long time in reading this because I want to delay the inevitable; chapter 14 Complete; this story has moved me that much.

The "taking the plunge" part was BRILLIANT! So damn cute. And it was so like Ryan to say such a comment as the one he said when Marissa hinted at the fact that she was pregnant D lol!

And the cutest part of all... They got their chance to go on that "family outing" Ryan suggested earlier before. Oh I love this story! I love Ryan, Marissa, Aubrey...All of them.
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 12 . 12/29/2007
Yay :) Ya know...To tell you the truth, I totally thought that Ryan didn't really want to paint a portrait to Marissa...I had hoped that he would instead paint his question. And he did! What a simple, yet beautifully done proposal :D

I thought it was really interesting how Ryan seemed like he was gonna backtrack back to his former, terrible self. I'm guessing he wasn't sure about Marissa's "Are you serious" and maybe thought she would say no. It seemed like he was gonna guard himself again to not feel the pain that I guess he thought he was gonna get...Anywho, she said yes.

My goodness. That fight, though... But completely understandable in Marissa's case. Everyone has said and done things who knew at the time that they would later regret them, but they still carried on. I'm just in awe of how Ryan continues to grow; the way he was watching for her, in the light, lifting his blanket for her. So beautiful.
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 11 . 12/28/2007
An absolutely great chapter :D How Ryan was eager and hopeful to see to it that Marissa was well enough so that they could make love...Both of their fears; never have they done it where it actually meant something. And the love scene was great :)

“Hey,” Ryan corrected her, making her lay back down, “there’s nothing to be sorry about. Stay here, I’ll go and get her. She probably just misses her Mommy and Daddy.”

I LOVE quote. I admire every bit of it; of all that it signifies and establishes. All coming from the mouth of a man who up until a few weeks ago, was the scum of the earth to Marissa and Aubrey. But this quote only further sybolizes just how far Ryan has come, and lost in oblivion are the walls that he use to keep around his heart; to keep away from Marissa.

I have never seen such a big change in one character. And now, he's so beautiful, amazing, caring. Everything he never allowed himself to be before. And I am just so happy for him. His Mother must be so happy for him. Because her son gave the love of his life his love for her; Aubrey, him, and a home :)
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 9 . 12/26/2007
SUCH a great chapter. I just love examining every angle of your story; it's been taking me quite a while to get through these chapters ;) But the ending of this chapter was REALLY good. How Ryan promised Marissa the world :D That right there has so many wondrous meanings, all beautiful. And I also enjoyed the lyrics. Liz Phair's cool and pretty daring at times. I'm gonna go see on Youtube if there are any vids on the song, because you peaked my interest :)
Sis2ACsrSalad chapter 8 . 12/26/2007
"-and we will find someone who actually knows what they’re doing to take care of our daughter. My little girl is going to get better if it’s the last thing I do.”

And with that, Ryan, Marissa, and a softly crying Aubrey left the doctor’s office, list of names and file in hand, to face Aubrey’s sickness together. Without even thinking about it, Ryan reached out and took Marissa’s hand in his as they moved down the brightly lit hospital hallway, wanting to offer her his strength, support, and comfort and needing to feel her return those same things to him. Being there with her, holding her hand, for him, was just right, impulsive, instinctual.

Definitely the most awe-inspiring moment yet. Because Ryan has finally let go of his past, of his hear of giving his heart to someone. I was jumping for joy when he said "our daughter... My little girl." And then how it just felt right for Ryan as he held Marissa's hand. I have loved seeing this newfound change in Ryan. It's human, and real, and honest, and so damn beautiful. THIS is Ryan. THIS is the real him.
iLoVeRynMar chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
fav!
randomnessthoughts chapter 14 . 4/27/2007
Oh! Oh this was beautiful. I loved it from start to finish. Excellent writing. Adding to my faves now :)
oclover4eva9 chapter 14 . 3/7/2007
could you please send me this fic to

victoria_positti internode.
SumCoop chapter 14 . 2/18/2007
Hey Charlynn,

Now this is maybe a little off date and even maybe a little too late but I guess I find it never too late for a review, I’m sorry for the long wait on this review I had read the minute you posted it I just never got the time to review the story and I forgot…sorry for that.

Anyways this chapter was amazing and a great way to end the story…I actually already knew it wasn’t Ryan who died…because I kind of know you like the happily ever after that theory would be thrown out of the window if it were Ryan who had died.

The chapter was great the derail in the chapter was great as well it gave a special turn and feeling to it, you had me sad and happy at the same time. Sad that Ryan’s dad died but happy that they were getting through it together as a family and most of all happy because I saw how much their characters had grown since the first chapter.

I am aware that you like Ryan and Marissa with a lot of children…every time they have more then one child and it makes me smile…it seems very realistic as well, when I think of Ryan and Marissa and their family I always think of the typical big house, two cars, four kids, three of them girls one boy and a dog who destroys any and everything. It’s funny to see them actually have that perfect family.

I like your stories so much because they are better then the once of the OC I think and trust me that is one hell of a compliment I never say these things but I do to you…because you let us see the better part and side of Marissa and Ryan and their relationship. You let us see that they’re capable of growing up and maturing…I know this is a AU and their characters are not the same as in the show but still you based them on the once from the show. I just find the way in which you change and write the characters very compelling.

I’m happy about the way you ended this story. It is a astonishing end of a dazzling story! So kudos to you!

I’m going to check out the sequel to Fear of falling and you’ll see my review on that one soon. I can’t wait to read it!

Love Norah.

Ps remember one day I gave you a portion of a story of mine…one in which Ryan and Marissa are best friends well it’s posted it’s called ‘There’s so much more’ on fan if you have time maybe you would want to read it.
brandyurastar chapter 14 . 2/3/2007
i just spent most of my afternoon reading this whole story! it was amazing, it should be made into a film!

thanks for writing it, i really enjoyed reading it, you're a talented writer!
WhiteKisses chapter 14 . 2/1/2007
oh, I'm so depressed that its over already, but on the other hand, you could'nt have written a better ending, it was amazing!

I loved everything about the end, it was absolutley perfect, normally, things don't end happily when someone die, butyou made it so good that nothing would have been better.

I'm sorry that my rewiews are late and shorter than usually, but, I've been living in heaven and I just came back down to the earth again, reality sucks huh?

But You can cheer me up, just post another chapter of, well anything and I can crawl into that perfect world and pretend that I actually belong there.

I'm sorry for being so depressing, talk to you soon,

Huggs Emma
areil2010 chapter 14 . 1/31/2007
Great way to end this story! Loved every second.

Im so sad that James is dead, I loved him.

FOUR kids! Wow they've been working hard!lol Just love a happy R/M.

Cant wait to see what new stories you have in store.