Reviews for Brothers in Arms
Littlemissthunderbird chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Wow! That was a fantastic story! I could not stop reading once I had started.
Writer With Sprite chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
five thumbs up really good
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Omg... That was awesome... 0_0

Love it! Just love the idea that there bond is stronger than... than... any normal one! lol

You did a great job. _ Keep it up!
Medieval Liz chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Oh wow! I just found this fantastic story and can I just say, again, Wow! Brilliant! I'd love to read it from Scott's POV... now I'll just have to check out the rest of your stories to see if it's there! lol Great story!
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I love it! The idea of the picture comparisons at the end was excellent! I liked how the story was told only from Virgil's perspective instead of adding little bits from Scott's view. It kept the suspense up!
Professor Ali chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Hi again Purupuss,

This had to be the next story of yours to be reviewed. Sorry it has take a while for me to get around to it. I would like to be able to say that it is your best, but I can’t say that yet because, as I’ve told you – I’ve yet to get through all of them! you have been a very prolific writer on this site.

I have read and reread this one, it really caught my imagination. I wonder if you are proud of this story? You should be – I think it is masterful. I love pre- IR stories, and this one serves several really great purposes – it answers a question that I often wondered about, and provides a wonderful opportunity to explore how the various characters would react to this very unusual situation. I howled with laughter at Jeff’s initial response to Kyrano’s suggestion! I’m a bit of a John and Gordon fan, and I enjoyed Gordon arriving, looking un-Gordon like, and then being ticked off by Grandma! I also think you were quite right about Gordon’s reaction – his openness and acceptance are perfectly in character. You have written John beautifully I think, the way that although he may not truly understand the facts – they are facts nonetheless and he can’t ignore them. The scenes in the incident room are very good. I would almost think that you have some military connections. I love the NZ connection of course!

What does all this amount to? A difficult subject, handled excellently – and best of all, you have left it to the reader to make up his or her own mind. I know what I believe...

Ali
McHammy chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Another superb story Purupuss.

“We’ll have dinner at my place. I’ll cook you something.”

Scott laughed. “Please, Virg. I’ve just escaped death once. Don’t ask me to do it again.”

Classic!
tiylaya chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Brilliant story! I loved the way the bond between the two of them manifested, and the way the evidence for it steadily accumulated. I very much enjoyed reading this - thank you!
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Wow! This was fantastic! The way that you sculpted John, Scott and Virgil's characters was so wonderful! And I'm glad that Scott wasn't too badly hurt, and that Virgil only had an infection, not brain damage. The idea to make Virgil draw the photos was so original and unique, I loved it! A really great story!
dragon shadows chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
i liked that, thanks
brezo-1816 chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
This was an excellent story. The empathetic link between Scott and Virgil was something really unique and yet so perfect for the pair.

If you do a storyline as unique and complex as this there's always a risk that you sort of lose touch with the characters and the little traits that make them who they are but (much to my relief) you didn't do that. You made sure you kept the character's personalities right on target and that's one of the reason's that made me love this story. The other reason is that I like when there's a close bond between Scott and Virgil because I've always seen them as the closest of the five Tracy brothers.

Love the story. Great job
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
HI,

I loved this! A telepathic link between Scott and Virgil? You simply MUST do more with the idea!

Excellent!

-Olivia
jendarra chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Have jsut found this.

And loved it.

This made to family so real. Always knew there was something special between Scott and virgil.

Don't make me wait ninety yearss for more.
Claudette chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Wonderful story Purupuss. I really enjoyed reading this. I loved the way you so clearly drew the characters - the people we know & love were all there, with the indications of the future to come.

One thing I don't understand - how did he suddenly end up with an infection in his arm? Infections don't just happen, something causes them. Was it an abscess? I would have thought any prior injury would have been commented upon during the events but there is no hint of anything possibly being wrong. A psycosomatic infection perhaps?

Anyway, great story - again.
sky's girl forever chapter 1 . 11/6/2006