Reviews for Veneficus
Sam the Sham chapter 3 . 12/3/2009
You really do need to get back to updating this story. I'm interested in seeing where you intend to take this story. It is after all the first time I can recall reading a story where Daphene wasn't either 'dark' or 'gray'. I rather enjoy the self absorbed characterization. I doubt she even cares about the war seeing as how is doesn't center around her. It is very refreshing.

Hedwig is quite amazing as well. A spoiled brat she is of that there is not a doubt, but I enjoyed the childlike nature of her floating trunk antics. It adds a certain spice to this story that is quite pleasing to read as it works as a distraction to the war that is about to begin, and could help distract Harry once things starting getting rough.

I also enjoy the fact that Harry isn't going down dark alleys for uber books, heading on giant shopping sprees, or being attacked for leaving his house just because we all know the magic had to fail the moment he turned 17 thus people would be waiting for him. *rollseyes*
Amerision chapter 2 . 1/31/2009
OHMYGAWD
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe chapter 3 . 12/3/2008
I figured I'm required to review after reading this, despite the long time since last you updated, so...

I enjoyed.

An update would be nice, if you can.
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 3 . 9/20/2008
That was surprisingly good. I liked it though there wasn't enough for a plot to be formed.
Tmctflyboy chapter 3 . 11/13/2007
hope you didnt stop this story before it really got started
marie1 chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
I loved it, Hope you'll update soon Jon
Lord Nott chapter 3 . 2/17/2007
's a very good story, please continue, maybe in the summer w/ no school.
Prophecies chapter 3 . 1/16/2007
Luna is pretty cool
hash4uall chapter 2 . 12/23/2006
well.. every book i read i see people just doing something different from the other.. ur story is good as theirs.. i seriously cant comment anything at the moment except reserve my comments for more chapters.. hope u update soon.. and for sure daphne would make a different partner for harry.. and taking ron and hermoine with him would only complicate things with harry/.. but appart from wat i think.. wat are u planning... mione and ron joining for the hunt? or just harry... and why dont u make harry think about the last fight with snape... where he was forcing harry for silent casting.. and wat about the wandless episode in the fifth part.. u show as though he is a very forgetful person.. and are u giving any clues to wat snape's role is.. and i think ur approach to a non harry ginny pair is really appreciable.. anyway update fast.. cant wait/...
MysterioX chapter 2 . 12/14/2006
I think you have a great start, interesting 2 chapters, just can’t see where you’re going with this yet. Hope that this won’t turn into one of the common half attempted no plot with no interest bit of fan fiction. If that’s the case might as well inform the readers now so that we will be able to take it off our fav lists.

Update soon
Black Alya Wolf chapter 2 . 12/1/2006
Excellent; I love the plot and you're writing is very fluent. Most of the mistakes I found were in the second chapter: you're main problem seemed to be semicolons and plurals - you put commas in some places where it should have been a semicolon and and used an apostrophe before your "s" or in place of your "ies" in some plurals.

"Secrum Sempra" is actually "Sectumsempra" in the book."Protene Charm" is really "Protean Charm;" but it's an error that's easy to make. I believe "Felicia Felix" is "Felix Felicis." There were some words that you could have replaced with synonyms because you already used them in a recent sentence - but I suppose that that isn't very important - and you also capitalized a couple of words that shouldn't have been. I noticed that you put a few commas where it would have been better off left alone, and you seemed to switch between first- and third-person point of view while Harry was thinking, even though you only did it once.

Sorry if I'm too critical; my grandfather is a perefctionist and mom says I get it from him - I only do it when it comes to writing. I'm not saying that you're in need of desperate schooling or anything, for I've seen high school seniors' papers that are far worse than the tiny mistakes in your fic. Other than those minor details, I love the originality, you have awesome vocabulary, and I'm definitely adding this to my favorites!
craziest1 chapter 2 . 11/29/2006
Great fic. I'm glad to see another Dlp-er writing; It keeps the Ginny lovers down.
sdasdasda chapter 2 . 11/27/2006
Nice characterisation. I can almost picture Hedwig to be a spoilt brat who is PMSing.

If you complete this story I imagine it will be the only one.

Ciao

-Nexus
The Ragin' Cajun chapter 2 . 11/25/2006
Love it! I presume Daphne Greengrass will feature prominently throughout the story? I'm also enjpying the way you're making Hedwig and Harry much more like friends, and the way you've given Hedwig a personality. Is this going to be a big thing later on?Anyway, Great stuff update soon!
aFiZ chapter 2 . 11/18/2006
This looks to be a very interesting story.

The possiblities look endless...

Keep em coming.