Reviews for A Practical Balance
HarnGin chapter 19 . 3/30
It's always lovely to see Mary receive more than just a vague "married a farmer/curate/minister." I love the idea of her marrying "highest of all" and actually loving the man in question.

I did notice the lack of Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner, however. Surely, they would have visited at least once or twice while the Bennets were in London even if they couldn't attend any of the same functions.
findmywaybacktoyou chapter 19 . 11/18/2014
I've read this a couple of times now, and I love the idea that someone fell in love with Mary before seeing her face, before knowing her family. It is such a wonderful premie.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/7/2014
I'm glad her father told her that...
Guest chapter 19 . 4/1/2014
i like both your stories featuring mary bennet. they are something a bit different and a nice change of pace. my only criticism is that this story seems to end a bit suddenly. Or maybe I'm just greedy and wanted more:)
musicallyme1997 chapter 19 . 1/1/2014
i really liked the story. especially the parts where Mary is bashing her family. I really wish their was a kiss between Fredrick/Ferdinand and Mary at the end. It would have given the story some kind of closure, at least for me.
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 18 . 12/2/2012
Great story! I enjoyed reading it :)
Betty chapter 19 . 10/14/2012
I am a Mary fan. I loved the story. I am glad it
include the feeling and views of all her sisters.
I would like a part 2 to this story.
the ectprincess chapter 19 . 2/2/2012
this was an amazing story the best on mary i have ever read :)
Lady Forrest chapter 19 . 8/20/2011
Good story. Thanks for your efforts.
Lady Forrest chapter 15 . 8/20/2011
How could Mr. Bennet not be able to support only Mary when his annual income stayed the same? He had an annual income of $2500 pounds so why couldn't Mary stay at home if she wanted? If 4 girls were married off it would only be a family of three? Doesn't make sense.
Lady Forrest chapter 14 . 8/20/2011
Why was it that Mr. Bennet and the whole family can force Mary to marry someone she didn't love but Elizabeth was allowed to refuse Mr. Collins? I thought Elizabeth would come to her support! Talk about blatant favoritism.
Avanell chapter 19 . 3/23/2011
Beautiful!
Avanell chapter 8 . 3/23/2011
I KNEW it would be recognized! ;)
Avanell chapter 6 . 3/23/2011
Wow! More great chapters! Loved the necklace...indeed, just what she needed after that!
Avanell chapter 3 . 3/23/2011
Great third chapter...and i can't wait for her to meet the stranger again. Will it be their voices that make recognition?