Reviews for The New Black
Thornwitch chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Hi, I've just read all your stories (wow, it took almost a week...) and they're absolutely great, not least for their laugh-out-loud qualities. The absolute bet things are the character interactions, particularly between the rouges. I was never a big riddler fan before, but I sure am now. Admitedly, I wanted to BE Catwoman when I was a little girl, so I can't help but love stories about her. Thank you so much for dispensing with the obnoxious prostitute history- she always seemed mighty cultured and James-bondish to have been an abused guttersnipe.

Eddie was seduced by "Muffy" hee hee...
Thornwitch chapter 1 . 2/17/2008

Eddie was seduced by "Muffy" hee hee...
batfan7 chapter 6 . 12/26/2006
Well, this certainly sets up tension for the next story, doesn't it? PsycoBat is trying his best to screw up his relationships, but you have to feel sorry for him at the same time as you want to strangle the poor guy. After all, it's not like he's doing it to be deliberatly hurtful, he's just coping the best he can.

I enjoyed the scene of Selina trying not to notice Eddie being carted away by Superman. What a picture! I must say, though, I was rather surprised that Eddie was even *concidering* transplanting to Metropolis after that little ride. I think having Harvey watching his every move for the forseeable future will be putting a damper on any crime sprees for a while (even if he didn't still have a problem with how to get around the whole man-behind-the-mask thing with Bruce)

Good stuff! I look forward to a whole new year filled with adventure in the Cattails-verse :-)

Merry Christmas!
StitchGrl chapter 6 . 12/26/2006
Hi Chris,

Poor poor Bruce. I really think he's a sexy messed up guy. What is with his mind games? Selina is an incredible woman for dealing with Mr. Wayne's psychosis. She really is well composed, I swear. I bet your Catwoman looks at psycho Bruce sometimes and wonders why she's with him. And then he grunts with a crooked smile, and she forgets all about it. Or he frowns under that bat-mask like a pissed off shadow of passionate disapproval, and she gets so excited she can barely keep her claws off him. Either way, works for me ;-)

My dear, I just read Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. (My sister got me "the Absolute Dark Knight" for Christmas ;-)) Two words: WHAT HAPPENED?

If

Selina Escort Overweight Lonely

then

Miller during composition of Catwoman tripping on LSD

Seriously. Not funny. Why did Miller give Superman and Wonder Woman a serious tumble in in the SKY and deny Bruce and Selina a good game atop the Bat TANK? I am so appalled, I can't speak. I'll take Jim Lee's bug-eyed goggles over this debauchery any day. *breathes* I needed to speak to someone who understands.

Anyhow...I saw this journal in Barnes & Noble and I wished that I could send it to you:

search.

It has gold pages inside with a cat emblem on top of each page. I thought it was the perfect stocking stuffer for you! Oh well, maybe one of your friends gave it to you for Christmas )

Thanks for your stories... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, with fava beans and a nice chianti!

Meow,

Stitch
DarkBat chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
So good...
ussentinel chapter 6 . 12/24/2006
Ah, clarity. It's a wonderful thing in fanfic; and VERY underrated. This was a very good conclusion to the story. I don't know how many, if any, times you had to polish this, but this was another excellent example of the clinic you put on for GOOD writing - excellent description, rich characterization and fine details. You covered a helluva lot of ground here; all very good. Thank you!
Amarin Rose chapter 6 . 12/23/2006
I'm just hoping that you're not celebrating 50 by having them break up.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
...Chris, this was fantastic. Although I can't help wanting more. Loved the tension that you've been building for a while now between Bruce and Selina. I can't wait to see what happens in your next story. However, I will say that the parts of the story that REALLY had me rolling were the bits about Raven and Dr. Bart. I was really just laughing my head off at how this 50 year old guy is bemoaning how he's too old and all the reasons why he was screwing up...and totally ignoring the fact that he's sleeping with a woman who is really into him. The last few lines about him suddenly remembering medical school and Raven calling in sick was the icing on the cake. I hope to see more of those two in the next installment, they're a great escape from the overly serious relationship woes of Bruce and Selina.
notwritinganym0re chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
Oh! An Izzard reference, brilliant. I'm absolutely exhausted so I'll just say that I loved it. I'm heartbroken for Selina and Bruce, I hope they get their heads together . . . as much as those two can. Love them to bits :)

Happy Christmas and a good new year!
CalliopeMused chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
I adore these stories- you're one of the few (I think the total is at four) authors that I would go fangirl over. (Not that this needs to get around, naturally. Some people seem to think that I don't do fangirl.)

You just do everything well. All your plotlines fit together, all of them are just brilliant, and you understand high-end chemistry and physics as well as socialites. (You at least write like you do, which is the important part.) Through all of that- the couple always has that spark that made her one of those villains everyone knows. Joker, Riddler, Catwoman- A-level, just like Batman is one of those Superman, Batman, Spiderman crimefighters that people recognize.

Fifty stories, and all of them are brilliant. Number fifty may be to come- but just look at the precedent. The comics all seem to be falling apart- the only smart move they could make with the Batman comic would be to get you on the phone. As bad as it is- I think you could fix it.
t wrecks chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
Eddie put you up to this didn't he?

Have a safe and Happy Holiday.
Phoenix Flight chapter 5 . 12/18/2006
Oh my word, that is one complicated mess! I can't wait to see the outcome!
batfan7 chapter 5 . 12/13/2006
Oh, that's just too funny! Eddie's charades needed a spew warning, I just about bust a gut when I read through that little scene. I can't imagine how Selina will react to that revelation either. I wonder if Superman is paying attention to what's going on and is going to tell Bats or if he's going to find out from the survelence video...or if Someone gets in the digital files and 'accidentally' removes the evidence... So many possibilities. And I gotta wonder how Dick is taking the show. Poor Alfred. Having to deal with this mess, he devserves a metal.

It's looking like Bruce's 'Issues' aren't going to be resolved terribly soon. Even with both Selina and Dick now knowing that something's up, there's just too many more urgent problems/distractions at hand. Still, it was nice to see how Dick was handling it and Selina's little self-revelation was insightful.

Excellent as always!
t wrecks chapter 5 . 12/12/2006
fanfriggintastic! thanks Chris, have a nice Christmas holiday
ussentinel chapter 5 . 12/12/2006
Best chapter so far; getting better on every front. From the beginning - her first person voice, to the ending "Eddie is in love with you" - well crafted, sharp writing. The window scene was priceless. Thank you!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »