Reviews for Halloween Horror Stories
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
Umm, I still don't understand this. Then again I was never the one to understand haunts of houses. I guess though I was interested enough to finish this chapter. I'm going to... reread this in hopes for understanding...
Chaoshift chapter 10 . 1/10/2016
Umm...its January. Are you ok?
Noyb chapter 10 . 11/2/2015

*SIGH*

I had a feeling that this would happen one of these years in the near future-but of course, I had hoped it wouldn't. In any case, I guess now is the time.

Being a longtime follower, and as I figure that you have moved on in life (what with extremely infrequent updates during these past recent years, and no activity on your dedicated forum), I thought I should write something of a goodbye:

Hopefully, you are still alive somewhere, and life is treating you well. But even if you aren't, or if life isn't, I just want to say this:

Thank you, both for writing and for entertaining us: the readers. Know that ever since "War's Song," I have generally always enjoyed reading your forays into fanfiction-even if I haven't been very good at leaving reviews.

It's been fun, these past 10 years . . . but as I feel that there won't be anymore writing forthcoming on this account, I think it's time to say goodbye.

Good night, sweet prince!

From,
None of your Business, a longtime fan
Old Fan chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
No story for 2015? I come back for the new story every year, my own little Halloween tradition. Sad to see this go... :(
bibliophilea chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
I rather enjoyed this story. Through it all, my mind kept coming back to the House Stark motto... and then, when the snowmen started popping up, my mind started singing "Do you want to build a snowman?" and "Will you help me hide a body?" at the same time... [x

I loved the way you portrayed the spirit of the mountain, and how its hatred affected the area. I also liked how you put everything in Valerie's point of view. You don't see everything going on on Danny's end, but you see the results of his actions. How much of a powerhouse Danny really is was shown pretty well from Valerie's perspective. It makes me think of a short story I read - "Aftermath", by Jim Butcher - where you see the main character of a series called "The Dresden Files" (a pretty powerful wizard) being described from the point of view of one of his best friends (a cop and a "plain vanilla mortal", as Harry Dresden would say). I never really thought about how powerful Dresden really was, and how that power was perceived by people who can't wield it, until I read that short story. I suppose I never thought about it because the bad guys Harry winds up facing are powerful enough to scare him and kick his arse, and because Harry's always going on about how he can't do everything, and magic isn't a fix-all-cure-all, and it requires a lot of work and will, etc... but seeing him from a different perspective really drove home what a powerhouse he is.

There's one thing I don't get, though: why name such a terrible creature after Tom Bombadil? I suppose I can see some similarities... both are mysterious, ancient creatures who are powerful within their domains (though we never really see Bombadil outside his domain) who don't care much about what mortals like us perceive to be great historical events, but apart from that, they're pretty different.
bibliophilea chapter 10 . 11/16/2014
These stories are incredible. I love the wide variety of horror you spanned, and I love the ways every story was written. My favorite horror stories are those that examine the human condition; the stories you've posted every Halloween for the last 10 years have done an amazing job of that. Despite the cliffhanger, I can happily wait until next Halloween for when you continue this, as long as the next chapter in this story is at least as good as the ones before it. Thank you for bringing such amazing, brilliant stories into the world, and then posting them in a place where I can find it.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Ooh, wow.
MsFrizzle chapter 10 . 11/2/2014
I a11ways 1ook forward to your Ha11oween stories. They are the u1timate in creepy horror. Even Sam wou1d be hiding under her covers. Since there is the promise of the rest of the story, I don't mind the c1iffhanger.

Again I enjoy the scope of your imagination in presenting new settings and cha11enges. Your version of Danny Phantasm with his Magnus is something unique. I 1iked how you wove hints from other stories to give us a taste of background and enough to specu1ate on without detai1s.

I do fee1 as if as readers we have been cheated of some information that Danny wou1d have asked in the interviews, paricu1ar1y how the survivors managed to escape. It's fine to withho1d information from your audience that your characters a1so don't know but not okay if your characters do know it. I fee1 that this seemed 1ike such an obvious question and necessary information that if Danny didn't know it because the gir1s he interviewed cou1dn't or wou1dn't te11 him, than that shou1d have been mentioned.

P1ease excuse my use of the 1 instead of "e11" as that key is not working.
Sweet Verdandi chapter 10 . 10/31/2014
Poor Danny. He really shouldn't be doing this alone. But I'm guessing that the escapees told him how they escaped, which should give him an advantage.

Interesting and creepy premise. I eagerly await the rest.
Tim Willard chapter 9 . 12/4/2013
Very nice.

How do you beat something that hates? You hate just as much, just as fiercely, and just as full of red hot rage as you can muster.

Hate never dies.

-TW
Winkaku chapter 4 . 11/2/2013
This chapter always makes me so sad because it's become so real, everything but the end. I think that's the ultimate purpose to religion, not the concept of life after death but the wish that horrible actions had horrible consequences upon the perpetrators. The idea of just desserts and that even though we are powerless to stop such people or bring them to justice there would be those who can. A plea for help and rightness in a reality so cold.
Winkaku chapter 9 . 11/2/2013
I look forward to new chapters for this story every year. It is the highlight of my halloween. Excellent job as always, well done!
MsFrizzle chapter 9 . 11/1/2013
As the end of October approached, I began anticipating your annual offering. So it was with delight (not to mention both dread and eager excitement) that I read your story.

Oddly enough, it was the introduction to the story that most caught my attention. Perhaps it is my age, perhaps it is because it brought up a memory of what was one of my earliest forays into fanfic. Our class read 'The Animal Farm' by George Orwell , an allegory for the Russian revolution and the beginnings of the cold war. We were assigned to write a another chapter about what would happen next. This was in the '70's. I may not have hit the nail exactly on the head to how the Soviet Union fell apart, but it came close. Truth is stranger than fiction until it actually happens.

I'm certainly glad your fiction stays in the realm of the imagination! *shudder*

You have picked a unique topic for this story as a basis for horror story. That is one thing I really appreciate about your work. I don't usually spend much time in the horror genre, in part because it often seem read one, read them all. I love how you break the mold and gift us with a new and chilling fear each year.

Also unique is how you told the story from Valerie's point of view. This seemed to emphasize how much Danny has changed so that Valerie fits as his girlfriend rather than Sam. Her poignant thoughts about her relationship with Danny give further insight.

Perhaps Maddie chose Valerie to accompany Danny on this mission, not because she didn't like Valerie and thought she was expendable but because love might be what was needed to combat that hate. This was not a point you brought up in your story but maybe I'm mushy that way.

Some of the science was a bit sketchy but who cares - it's a horror story. At times I had a bit of trouble following what was going on as Valerie found herself flipped from one nasty thing to the next but that helped put the reader in her place where you had to continually cope with not knowing what you were going to run into and figuring out how to deal with it when it did. I takes a lot of skill to write that way.
Audorable chapter 9 . 10/31/2013
I love all these stories, can't wait for the next year to find out how this all came to be! :D
S058 chapter 9 . 10/31/2013
Minor nitpick, the SS weren't NSDAP Secret Police, those were the Gestapo.

The SS? Far worse.