Reviews for Triptych
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
And you just can’t face the idea that you might have been wrong.”

“You weren’t there!” House shot back.

“I know.” Wilson heard his voice fail as he spoke the words. He hadn’t been. All excuses were useless. Wedding anniversaries, the need for a vacation, quality time with his wife. None of them made up for having his cell phone turned off for four days. For not knowing anything about it until it was too late. The frantic drive back to Princeton, dumping his wife at home and sharing sleeping shifts at the hospital for nearly a week. They didn’t make up for not being there. Nothing could.

There was nothing else to be said.

This is so sad. Because it is plausible. It is heartbreaking.

Once again, Greg had saved her from an impossible conversation. James pushed past her, beating her into the living room. Greg was standing by the sofa, barely managing to stay upright. The vase that his mother had bought them last Christmas was shattered on the floor, the water mixing with the red wine spilt from his glass. He was breathing hard, leaning his weight onto his good leg and gripping the glass so hard she thought it would break.

The reality of it all is there. Wilson pushed past Stacy. It is envitable. Wilson will be the only one left for House.

He tried to smile at her, but she couldn’t return it. There had been something in the way that he had been helping Greg, in the way Greg let him help, that hurt more than she could think about. She took the laundry basket and fled.

This definetly struck. Suspicion? Or just strange musings?

It may have been true, but she was suddenly hit by a pang of guilt.

“Not as long as you,” she said. “Look after him.”

“I always do.”

He always did. The guilt was for him, not for Greg and what she was doing, or had done to him. Before she could speak, he turned towards the bedroom.

So very true

You did it perfectly. You had all three of them in perfect character. I loved it. Thank you.

Oh and this is probably my favorite part:

"You weren't there!"

It sounded so pathetic even if it did have the desired effect.

"I know," Wilson said, lowering his head, looking away, around, anywhere but at House. There were no apologies between them. That was another unwritten rule. House wasn’t about to apologize for being angry, Wilson couldn’t apologize for actually trying to make something of his marriage. And Stacy wasn’t about to apologize either. House knew where he was on that front and, during the silence, he wondered if he’d finally pushed Wilson to the same response.
mb chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Hi there!

Wow - great fic! I've read so many fics where Stacy left House while he was still in the hospital, while in the show it turns out she'd been there for quite some time afterwards.

I liked it very much how you showed all three POVs and how Stacy and House had grown apart. And that House realized something was up without her telling him.

When House called for Wilson at the end it was so sad and sweet - thinking he'd pushed his best friend away as well. Good thing Wilson is a die hard.

Thank you so much for sharing this story!

Hugs, Em
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Hey! This is an awesome piece of writing! So now I'm going to just quote your work back at you, because that's the best praise I can give you.

“You have met Greg, haven’t you? The mafia bears shorter grudges than he does.” -classic Stacey. Very IC.

"All excuses were useless. Wedding anniversaries, the need for a vacation, quality time with his wife. None of them made up for having his cell phone turned off for four days. For not knowing anything about it until it was too late. The frantic drive back to Princeton, dumping his wife at home and sharing sleeping shifts at the hospital for nearly a week. They didn’t make up for not being there. Nothing could." -OMG. That was so sad! You practically made me cry.

" She hadn’t realised how deep the hurt went until she was sobbing, falling to her knees, forehead pressed to the machine and weeping, gasping. The tears flowed from deep within, from a pain she couldn’t dull. She felt as though she would never stop, that the hurt was always going to be there and that this, this sense of loss and sorrow and pain, would be everything for the rest of her life." -You're trying to make me cry, aren't you?

"He’d already decided that next week he was going to hire a decorator to put up the least tasteful wallpaper he could get his hands on, just to give him something to look at."-lol. Very IC.

The wierd use of italics was distracting.

This was so awesome. Loved it!

KrisEleven~
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
It was a bit hard reading the same thing 3 times, but you did a great job with the characters, their banter and their relationships with each other.
Dr. Fantabulous chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
Wow, that was really good! Really angsty, but so well done-a scene that would be awesome to see on House. :)
08joanna chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
This is great! The 3 POVs mesh perfectly together, but each person brings his or her own mindset and personality to the same night. It's so revealing that House lets Wilson help him but not Stacy. Things have gotten to that point-of-no-return between House & Stacy. You might want to check out my own story posted yesterday, 9:19am, a little peek inside House's head as he starts his day in Skin Deep. Let me know what you think.