Reviews for The Birth of a Son
Billie Holiday chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Why must Sesshomaru's mother always be the villain in these types of stories? Her side of the story is usually foregone in the effort to keep the good versus evil stick going. Though human beings are rarely so simple, it annoys me that people forget that in this time period Polygyny was legal and wide spread. For a man of the Lord of the West wealth/position it's not hard to believe he had many 'wives' or concubines. Tell me, how would you feel if your love's attention suddenly turned elsewhere? If once you were first wife, then reduced to second, or third...don't you think you'd feel a bit betrayed? To have to share...to be treated as a thing to be brought, sold, evaluated, and caste aside. I wonder how women in that time survived...most were simply pawns.

/ Sorry for the mini-rant but this type of thing gets under my skin, I'm all about history because my mum is pretty obsessed with it so when someone doesn't address it, I get..a bit cranky.

Oh, and what's with the random usage of Japanese words in an English story, you do realize your target audience is supposed to be English speakers...right? It's awkward and breaks the flow of the story it's best to use English when the word exists in that language to avoid confusion among your readers.
001Kamikakushi chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
OMG...so heartbreaking...T_T

the most heartbreaking thing is that we've got no one to blame! (well apart form Sesshoumaru's mother) His father is not to blame because his mistrust is understandable. Shirokiba didn't have any evil intention, he just happened to be a good big brother.

To feel out of place when you watch your own family laugh happily, that makes you feel like you're just alone and not needed.

amazing writing here.
Selenity Jade chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Wow, this is very good! Again, I can't find anything to criticize. Nice job! I sit here and try to write constructive reviews so they're not just another "Woot, GOOD job, more more more!" and actually are helpful to the writer by giving praise and constructive criticism at the same time. *sigh* But you're a better writer than I am and I can't! No errors that I saw unless I decided to go through and be a picky wretch. I'm not here on a 'job' though, I'm here to enjoy stories so I don't pick anything apart. So congrats, excellent work! Glad to see some gems in the midst of a lot of 'iffy' fics.
Flutter Flight chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
I think somebody copied this story without permission. I might be wrong, I might not be. The copy is different, but I'm guessing it's because you revised this one. lovekainuharshe posted a story similar to this one. She (he?) did add that you wrote it though, except the disclaimer makes it a bit weird.
youkai chick supreme chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
OH! that explains the opening awkwardness between seshoumaru and the taiyoukai of the western lands at the beginning of the third movie! oh, i love it. i love it!
Call Me Cyrus chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
this...is...so...SAD! I WANT TO CRY! The way you use words...his feelings..oh it's so sad!
SugarApple chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Aww,that was deep man.I likededed that,that was hot dude.

And Yukishima should burn for what she had stolen from Sesshomaru,burn in scorching hell.

Im savin this to my favorites dude,this was cold solid.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
It's goes slightly more slow then I would like for this type of idea, but I like it!
snowy chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
great fic!
Midnight Promise chapter 1 . 8/21/2005

Write more to this one!

Please!

I loved it and I was sniffling when I read this story.

Please update!

_

AnimeFreakSLayer
Northern Star chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
This puts things into a clearer sight. I would also love it if you updated 'The White Dog'. that was a mean cliffhanger.
Kassie chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
omg that was the cutest, saddest thing i have ever read! Poor Sesshomaru! i hate his mommy yup *nodds*
Syco chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
I'm gonna cry. That was so sad and so...real like. I really enjoyed reading it. Very well wrttena nd beautifully thought out. You've really done a lovely piece of fanfiction here. Great Job.
Yoko-Sesshoumaru chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Oh ma god! I LOVE this story with a passion! E! I love YOU with a passion! This story is so good! I love all your stories... Anyways... I want more stuff from you! I should read all your other stories...
creaturesmint chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Ohh...! Poor Sesshomaru! ;_; Poor guy...I hate his mother you know...she... _ XP Poor Sesshomaru! ;_;