Reviews for Consacra
Ale123456 chapter 9 . 9/11
Wow! This story was amazing. I am sad that it looks like it will never be completed.

It definitely had some very deep thoughts and made me ask questions (to myself) both of the characters involved and to think of those questions with regards to myself as well.

It was superbly written. I'd answer the questions, but I'm guessing they don't apply anymore :(

Still, thank you for writing at least this much. It was a great read, and I am happy to have read at least this much. It was very thought provoking and satisfying (even if there is no ending :(
Spellweaver10 chapter 9 . 3/1
Truly impressive. This is a story beatiful, deep and even dark at a times. Each and every chapter was masterfully written, making you rethink your values or way of thinking. The whole religious and philosophical quest theme, which you've done an excellent work mixing it with the DBZ universe and its characters, remind me slightly of Paulo Coellho but I found your work better written, unbiased and fullfiling.
So all in all a perfectly unique story. It certainly lacks the idealisation of the main characters or the continuesly action packed chapters(though it has its action scenes as DB story) that many ff readers seem to prefer and that's on of the thing that makes it more beautiful and real and the characters better fleshed out. I know it is quite challenging to write a story such as this, but I would appreciate if you actually continued.

The only"drawback" I can find is that it's too deep for most ff readers since most that visit the site don't want to think too hard when reading(hell, I even know book readers who avoid books that could make them think and prefer very simplistic romances or action-adventures).
As for improving your writing, I can say it is next to flawless(a true rarity for this site) and it can easily compete with book novels and surpass many of them.
Best wishes from Greece.
Prl16 chapter 9 . 11/20/2015
Wow, this was so deep. So far all three stories are great, but the one that surprised me the most was 18, I started reading this because of Vegeta, but the way you write 18 is just marvelous, how she thinks and what's inside her mind. I liked her, but now I see her on a whole new light. Also, you depicted a very selfish Bulma, in her own way, and I loved it. I would be very happy if you continue this.
Yung Warrior chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
Who would have thought that Dragon Ball Z, a cheesy action-adventure story about warriors named after foods, would lend itself so well to religious philosophy. It's a shame you never continued this story, as it really made an impact on me when I first read it.
meganechan720 chapter 9 . 2/19/2012
I really like this story; it's not often fanfic writers are bold enough to delve into philosophy and religion in their writing. I hope you are able to finish this some day. I especially like the way the three threads of the story started off separate but similar, and then slowly intertwined.
gingerfurr chapter 9 . 1/13/2012
This is an amazing story. It's deep and thought provoking. I really hope you continue with this one and update it soon.
Gohanroxme chapter 9 . 10/26/2011
This is really great. You've given me a lot to think about, actually. And it's really neat how you included religion . . . creative. This story is super intense, very . . . I really don't know what to call it, but there's this feeling. It's a really deep fic. I like it. I hope you continue soon! :)
Gohanroxme chapter 8 . 10/25/2011
:O Awesome chapter! That ending was so unseen . . . . I love how you do 18's emotions, btw. They're so . . . in character. I could imagine her being this way if she were distressed like that in the series. :) Great job.
Dweller of the Sacred Grove chapter 9 . 10/7/2011
It's a shame that this story has been on hiatus. Definitely one of my favorites of all time.
DBZLover4Ever chapter 9 . 9/5/2011
This story is truly incredible and really challenges your mind. You know a story is a great one when it causes you to really think after you read it. It's the first story that I have seen with real "religion" fitting into the Dragon Ball universe. I LOVE the beginning with Vegeta at confession, it's just so thought provoking. Thank you for writing such a great story and keeping me extremely entertained.
Dreamer E.V chapter 9 . 3/28/2010
Great story, I wish you would continue it.
BlackLioness chapter 9 . 10/10/2009
What a wonderful, well written and thought provoking story! You've done a great job with the characterisation, Vegeta, Piccolo, Eighteen and the others were spot on. It was very interesting to read this tale from three different perspectives and I liked that you gave every character the equal amount of 'screen time'.

Hmm, what themes were most prominent? The first one that comes to me is the theme of discovering, searching for oneself, his/hers place in the universe, his/hers purpose, a reason for being. Another one is that of family, the importance of relationships that people build between one another and the pain that comes when these ties are severed.

The part with the Son family was especially difficult to read (not because it was poorly written, I assure you) and it made me think how I would fare were my own family ever in the same situaion.

The existence of a power and a different plane of existence beyond the Kai's and the established version of afterlife is also very interesting and it made me wonder what has caused it to take a more active role in the lives of our heroes.

I hope you'll be able to continue this story someday, I'll keep an eye on it.
scaragh chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Hey, this was totally not was I expected. But in a good way! It's just so different than how I would imagine a normal DBZ fic to start, lol. I just love the idea of Vegeta going to confession! And then feeling threatened by the priest (or is he? XD), someone who doesn’t use power or whatever, but rather truth and gentleness to make the person think and look inside himself. There were a few times it got a little heavy and I had to stop and re-read the sentence to understand it (I had to look up minutiae, lol), but that might just be my state of mind at the moment (which is tired), and it was mostly the beginning of the chapter anyways.

I really like how you used truth in this. It’s funny how often our experiences differ in our minds from what actually happened, or how another might’ve experienced it. Have you seen the film Rashomon, by Akira Kurosawa? It’s about a murder/rape in a forest, and the story is retold from the viewpoint of four different characters, which really makes you think about how you perceive things. That's always fun to think about.

Anyways, I look forward to reading more. I'm really curious to get to the one your class read! I’m going out of town for a week starting tomorrow, but rest assured, I’ll be back to read more!
RaCM chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
Loving the story so far. You're very deep with your characterizations of everyone.
Adnawun chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Wow, this was/is really amazing. The first and only thought provoking DBZ fic I've come across.

I love how you've drawn the characters in this - their fears, their wants (or lack thereof with 18).

Just a really well written piece.